Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [SG] STALKER: Are you sure this won't hurt my career?  (Read 2888 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[SG] STALKER: Are you sure this won't hurt my career?
« on: December 08, 2019, 10:16:55 am »

(Basically a regular suggestion game I'm running to get over writer's block, expect dailyish updates)
You are a super spy, you are STALKER. You have trained for years, fought with the best that money could buy, ran from dead drops, and hid from your trainers who hopefully wouldn't have actually assassinated you.

And after all this training you've gotten your first assignment!...to spy on your immediate superior's hubby to see if he's cheating with the milkman.

You are STALKER, you are in the sleepy city of STOKE-ON-TRENT, the weather is LOVELY this MORNING, cool and humid. You have ridden in the bus for 0700 HOURS. You have NO IDEA why you were given this ASSIGNMENT or how you're supposed to gauge Mr. Hubbard's FIDELITY.

You:
>Head over to your new flat on Aquinas Street and begin OBSERVATION of your next door NEIGHBOR.
>Get some breakfast first in a lovely...3.5 star cafe near your flat and GET IN TOUCH WITH THE LOCALS
>Go to the local library and CONTEMPLATE THE MEANING OF LIFE
>Practice your sneaking skills and STALK THE MILKMAN
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] STALKER: Are you sure this won't hurt my career?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 10:26:58 am »

Get in touch with the locals. Can't stalk on an empty stomach!

Or you can, it's whatever.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 10:35:53 am »

Practice your sneaking skills and STALK THE MILKMAN

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 12:15:03 pm »

Practice your sneaking skills and STALK THE MILKMAN
+1
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 04:29:41 pm »

The MILKMAN is up to no good. Obviously, he must be stalked.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 06:50:03 pm »

You spend a bit of time WONDERING how you would track the MILKMAN down as it's a bit late to follow his route now, as your 'briefing', but then you realise that you are STALKER, a super spy attempting to track down someone with a FACEBOOK page.

You feel a vague sense of unease as you sat down on a nearby bench, and spend the next couple of moments invading a man's private-public life, until you

>Come to the conclusion that the man is currently having a nice brunch in COMMON GROUNDS BISTRO based on a post on Instagram
>Realize that a recent Facebook post indicates that he's bored on COPELAND STREET, after his electric milkman car broke down in the middle.
>GIVE UP and CALL GLADYS to ask for his GPS COORDINATES.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:53:46 pm by cronos5010 »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 06:51:11 pm »

>Realize that a recent Facebook post indicates that he's bored on COPELAND STREET, after his electric milkman car broke down in the middle.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 06:51:47 pm »

Conclude that he's having brunch at the common grounds bistro. If he's not, we can get a bite to eat!
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 06:59:42 pm »

+1

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 07:24:20 pm »

Conclude that he's having brunch at the common grounds bistro. If he's not, we can get a bite to eat!
+1, I think he walked there after his milkman car broke down!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 08:23:18 pm »

Note: If this is still a tie in 30 minutes I'm resolving this by coinflip.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 03:46:00 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 04:17:19 am »

COPELAND STREET is a surprisingly short walk away from here it seems, part of one long stream of old looking brick faced flats, minimarkets, and cafes that eventually joined into Aquinas Street. It is in front of one of those Cafes that you find your heart stealing Milkman, a young and unsurprisingly muscular man named Ian Glass.

THE MILKMAN looks bored out of his mind really, he's mostly just dicking about with a weird, flashy phone game involving jerking balls back and forth at things, only stopping to type something really quickly every now and then with a slight smile on his face. His MilkMan Car's screwed unfortunately, judging by how it seemed to be smoking still, how do you even get an electric car to do that anyway?.

You are still a STALKER, what do you do?.

>He seems to be WAITING FOR A MECHANIC, and well, you've had to work on cars before in the academy, shouldn't be TOO HARD to scrape up some tools and make something up right?
>TAKE A SEAT AT THE CAFE and have a nice snack as you surreptitiously watch him, no reason to get that close to the target after all, you're just here to stalk the man after all.
>TRY AND START A CONVERSATION WITH HIM, I mean it's a free country, and you might as well try and see what Mr. Hubbard sees in the man right?
>WRITE IN
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 04:20:22 am by cronos5010 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 05:09:29 am »

TAKE A SEAT
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 05:37:39 am »

>> Use your COMM JACKER 3000 to SNOOP his communications. If he's messaging Mr Hubbard then this case will be SOLVED.
Pages: [1] 2 3