Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gorlak moving super slow in adventure mode?  (Read 1374 times)

Carfter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gorlak moving super slow in adventure mode?
« on: December 20, 2019, 02:26:31 pm »

As the title states, i started a new adventurer who is a Gorlak. I know large populated places like fortresses can slow down processors but my fps is at 50 still. My starting spped is .433. are Gorlaks just slow creatures? If now what could be causing this? Any help or insight is appreciated.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Gorlak moving super slow in adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 02:31:47 pm »

Are you lying down?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Carfter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 02:58:16 pm »

No, I'm walking as normal. It seems as if Gorlaks are just slow creatures.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 03:18:28 pm »

Iirc they have the meanderer tag, which makes any creature with it move super slow. You'd have to let the adventurer die of starvation, delete the meanderer tag from its raws in your save folder (so under [your DF directory]/data/save/[the region you're playing]/raw/objects/creature_next_underground.txt > search Ctrl+f for "gorlak" and under that delete the [MEANDERER] tag, close and save.), and roll a new character.

You'd also want to delete the meanderer token from the same file regular raw/objects folder
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 06:45:45 pm »

Iirc they have the meanderer tag, which makes any creature with it move super slow. You'd have to let the adventurer die of starvation, delete the meanderer tag from its raws in your save folder (so under [your DF directory]/data/save/[the region you're playing]/raw/objects/creature_next_underground.txt > search Ctrl+f for "gorlak" and under that delete the [MEANDERER] tag, close and save.), and roll a new character.

You'd also want to delete the meanderer token from the same file regular raw/objects folder
Meanderer doesn't effect Adventurers controlled by the player.
Does it? Damn, gonna have to test that now. Pretty sure it doesn't.

Chances are the gorlak's starting equipment is too heavy for it. They're only little guys.

--edit
Gorlak's don't have [MEANDERER] tag. So, they're just slow.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 06:54:41 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Carfter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 06:51:06 pm »

Thanks for the information and exact way to fix it! I'll have to go do that. But i don't have to worry about deleting him as he already got tore apart by dingoes  ;D

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 06:55:29 pm »

Thanks for the information and exact way to fix it! I'll have to go do that. But i don't have to worry about deleting him as he already got tore apart by dingoes  ;D
Above doesn't apply to Gorlaks. They're not Meanderers.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 10:05:24 am »

Gorlaks have a slower walking gait than dwarves/humans:

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:2206:1692:1178:585:3400:4900] 15 kph

vs. a dwarf's:

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph

You can replace the gorlak's gait with the dwarven one if you want more playable gorlaks (or gorlak companions who don't constantly lag behind).
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)