Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HFS Lag  (Read 1929 times)

UristVanHelsing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HFS Lag
« on: December 08, 2019, 11:05:07 pm »

How do you handle HFS lag? I've been using DFHack to mass genocide beak dogs, goblin, and trolls. If I don't, the lag is relentless. Any tips?
You could always spread it around and paint the floor of your house with the blood of your enemies.
You could very well go for a Christmas themed house, all green and red from blood and vomit. Deck the halls with spilled intestines. Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: HFS Lag
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 02:44:07 pm »

How do you handle HFS lag? I've been using DFHack to mass genocide beak dogs, goblin, and trolls. If I don't, the lag is relentless. Any tips?
I suppose im a bit of a purist, i dont use dfhack, i just go somewhee else if its bad enough, but its much better then it was in earlier releases of version 42.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:05:14 pm »

HFS lag?
You're adventuring in hell?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 09:53:13 pm »

I suppose im a bit of a purist, i dont use dfhack, i just go somewhee else if its bad enough, but its much better then it was in earlier releases of version 42.

I've never gone to a Dark Fortress because of that. Sadly my solution (skip) is a non-solution.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 01:50:56 pm »

Hate to say it, (and you may have noticed) but using DFHack's exterminate doesn't correctly kill creatures like u would think. They are just immediantly replaced upon unloading that area then reloading it. The Best.. and slowest option for that situation is to kill them yourself to stop them from respawning. Altho I have noticed if they were to be teleported and die from falling. It correctly kills them.... but have fun writing each dif teleport for 100-500 entities XD
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Maikcollos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 09:10:43 pm »

you can always go to a ruined circus tent, or one that is so early in world generation that it has a sane amount of populace.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 03:25:05 pm »

Or you can start fort mode, make some kill-raids into the pits and if a sufficient number of creatures were killed, start adventure mode. A slow method, yes, but who said that killing whole populations would be fast?