Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Deniable Assets Race-Core thread  (Read 2692 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deniable Assets Race-Core thread
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 10:19:58 am »

Bolded and posted an incredibly important change in the resources and expense section, involving spells.
The tech/magic bonus will happen 2d5 turns after the previous time it happened.
Research credits, which can be gained during player missions or as part of competitions, will be 3d4 instead of 2d4, pick highest two.
Your agent lists have also been posted in the threads.

EDIT: By popular request overriding the popular request, each agent can only learn one spell each turn, and the number of differing spells in combat that they can use is equal to the number of missions they have survived, plus 1. There is no supply cost.
Also, magicality has been rebranded to thaumic potential because it has the potential to sound less lame.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 02:41:17 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 07:51:38 am »

March 1983 update
Thantro

Mondragon
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 03:42:22 pm by johiah »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 11:56:17 am »

So, Thantro, about that NI conference. Here's the area we need to defend: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428184661462614026/538497223646773288/NI_Conference_Floor_Plan_3rd_floor.png
That entire floor is for the exclusive use of NI, where they will have their latest tech on display for a select group of investors and VIPs. Some of their top scientists will also be present. In other words, a very tempting target for anyone with ill intent.
(The floor below is restricted to paying visitors, and is where other companies are showing off their tech- much less important to defend. There's also a public section to the conference where the common people get to gawk at trinkets and doo-dads, but we're not concerned about that area at all.)
Anyway, you will note the surplus of windows. I'm going to suggest we secure them (lest NI's enemies be inspired by the blatant actions of a certain corporation), by affixing slats over them.
I'd like to put one of the mooks NI is providing in each room, and half a dozen in the main area. Not with the idea that they alone would be able to stop a serious attack, but with the idea that they can radio in to warn us.
Then there are the stairs. Two of them. That's one more than we need, so I suggest we shut the other one (specifically, the western one). Not barricade it, cos fire safety might complain, but put a big NO ENTRY sign and (openable in emergencies) barrier across it. That way, we know anyone coming up them is not supposed to be there. Next, for the other staircase, a checkpoint at the bottom, with metal detectors and two of our (Mondragon) dudes in armour along with a couple of mooks. The checkpoint is made of armoured barriers which can be used as cover in the event of an attack. At the top of the stairs, two (armed) Thantro agents.
Remaining agents are on standby, ready to respond to whatever happens.
We have an injured agent who could oversee operations- we'll take over one of the rooms as a security hub, from whence he can contact all agents from both corporations to coordinate them in the event of an attack.

Sound good? Anything you'd like to add to this?
Long Live United Forenia!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 12:55:47 am »

We should run the security hub with at least one member of each group. I think we also have wounded, and Thantro can contribute some surprises as needed for hard to secure areas.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2019, 01:22:43 pm »

April 1983 winning event letter.

Quote from: Letter to Santa
Dear Santa,

My name is Mondragon and I’ve been a good boy this year. I’ve been very polite and well-mannered. For example, when I wanted something, I made eye contact and asked politely. If Thantro was annoying me, I used my words to get him to stop. I never let him drag me into acting bad in public. Thantro hasn’t been very polite, though. One time, Thantro and I had set up a playdate in a park, but he never showed up. While I was digging in the sandbox, I found one of his toys. I’d never change the time of an event and not let people know.

People keep jumping out of boxes and doing bad things. First it was a bully who broke my scientist action figure. Then when I was in a mall, people snuck in and almost trashed the place. I hope for Christmas something good can come out of a box.
Pages: 1 [2]