Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 33518 times)

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Signups 3/?+
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 02:08:34 pm »

In
yikes open bold tags I write most of my formatting in manually as well but damn dude you do like to live on the edge
Have you played any mafia before?
Do you need/want anyone to ICpost for you?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Signups 9/11ish
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 02:52:13 pm »

I'll be baking roles in a couple of hours, not too late for any last minute signups.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Signups 8/11ish
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 05:40:40 pm »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Signups 3/?+
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 08:18:29 pm »

In
yikes open bold tags I write most of my formatting in manually as well but damn dude you do like to live on the edge
Have you played any mafia before?
Do you need/want anyone to ICpost for you?
Yes I have played Mafia before with IRL and Town of Salem experience, unless you use IRC Chat instead of Discord, I pretty much know how it works

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2019, 04:19:28 am »

We're not using Discord. We're playing asynchronously with forum posts. This makes the game far slower than what you're used to, so be prepared to think carefully what you say, and remember that everyone else has time to think about what they say, so you need to analyze them very carefully.

In a live game, you can tell a lie by focusing on the player, and in Town of Salem, you can count on night abilities to carry the day as well. Neither of those are true in forum Mafia (and in this setup in particular, night abilities are incredibly unreliable unless combined with a strong day game.)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2019, 09:23:31 am »

I fell into a deep sleep and lost my whole evening. Moral of the story is don't drink too much coffee and get into sleep debt.

Anyway, watch out for roles being sent. We'll probably start by 6pm GMT.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2019, 09:36:43 am »

Moral of the story is don't drink too much coffee and get into sleep debt.
Just drink more coffee until your circadian rhythm burns out and you lose the ability to fall asleep if you've been awake for less than 40 hours
It's great

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Day 1
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2019, 11:41:20 am »

DAY ONE

The Dwarf Fortress MMO was finally released 87 years after ToadyOne had first started work on the single-player game. Everyday players were logging in to play as their dwarves, elves, goblins and so forth. In the Bay12 Legacy Fort, a small number of aged players were having a hell of a time fending off a necromancer faction from the outside. It was like there were insiders working against them from within. Hammering would continue until morale improved.

Alive
- Superdorf
- Persus13
- Dolores
- TricMagic
- FallacyofUrist
- Deus Asmoth
- Naturegirl1999
- Shadowclaw777
- Icytea31

Spoiler: Current Source Code (click to show/hide)

Day ends: 21st December 4.30pm GMT

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Day 1 - Hammerings to Continue Until Morale Improves
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2019, 11:50:09 am »

Yay

Persus13: Who here would be least dangerous as a serial killer?
Dolores: What's the stupidest thing you expect to see happen this game?
TricMagic: How has your scum-play differentiated from your town-play in past games?
FallacyofUrist: If you had to cast a hammervote *right now*, who would you lynch? Why?
Deus Asmoth: If you could learn the role of one player right now, who would you choose? Why?
Naturegirl1999: How do you expect your play this game to differ from your last?
Shadowclaw777: How will you be adapting to the slower play here?
Icytea31: Who here do you expect to butt heads with most, these coming Days?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2019, 12:06:56 pm »

Naturegirl1999: How do you expect your play this game to differ from your last?
I will attempt to ask more questions

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2019, 12:09:48 pm »

Dolores: What's the stupidest thing you expect to see happen this game?
I was writing something pretty fucking mean spirited but let's not jynx it
My biggest concern is there's gonna be someone with an information ability that's not actually helpful and they're going to sit on it and refuse to do any daywork, and try to drag other people into (not doing anything useful) on D2 onwards
Whatever, my role is super broken. Unless I really fuck up or scum have some extra spicy rolls, it'll be fine mechanically
I have a vision that we're going to spend a lot of D1 trying to lynch a cop, but that's usually an honest mistake so I wouldn't really call that dumb.

They're good questions. 9/10
The -1 point is for asking me a question which is likely to stir up metadrama. My intuition tells me it's by accident and not malicious.
Superdorf: how will you distinguish between a lazy cop player leaning on their power and scum this D1? What will you do to get a cop player to stop being lazy and engage with the daygame?
Naturegirl1999: why do I keep harping on about cops? What does this tell you about my role? Why did you say you'll attempt to ask more questions, and not ask any questions?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2019, 12:21:22 pm »

Naturegirl1999: why do I keep harping on about cops? What does this tell you about my role? Why did you say you'll attempt to ask more questions, and not ask any questions?
I’m thinking your role has something to do with cops, maybe it triggers when a cop has you as their target? Maybe you’re a cop? Maybe your role causes your target to be seen as a cop even if they might not be? Proc gen roles could be lots of things. I’m thinking on questions. Previous questions I asked in the last game seem to have been unhelpful. I want to make sure my questions aren’t useless

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2019, 12:28:50 pm »

Superdorf: any particular meta tells (regarding other players) you feel it's important to highlight now for the benefit of those players who aren't aware of them?
Persus13: theres a developing duologue between myself and ICT about the importance of intentionally disruptive play as scum. Do you think it's reasonable to interpret emotionally manipulative tactics as scummy? Does this only apply to certain players, or to everyone?
notquitethere: why is the order of players in the list 231456789?
TricMagic: in the previous game I played with you, you presented arguments which seemed totally illogical to me when you were playing scum, almost like you were taking the basis of a town game and just flipping the voting pattern/reads resulting from that. How will you play better this time as scum?
FallacyofUrist: I'm pidgeonholing Tric as scum preemptively even though he's a ostensibly a weaker player. Does it bother you that I'm setting up a lynch on someone who, theoretically, I don't need any help constructing a theoretical case on if he is actually scum?
Deus Asmoth: activity is the best measure of townyness. You've a history of relative inactivity as scum. How will you convince me you're town in this game?
Icytea31: you're a cop who has received a guilty result on a player your get tells you is 100% town. No other players have claimed and it's D2. How do you proceed?

Shadowclaw777: unlike ICT, I don't really believe in thinking about what you're saying. If you just write out a stream of consciousness, and you're town, you'll like like town. If you're not town, well, feel free to let us know. I'm looking for you to start RVS with a list of questions like superdorf had. If you can also do some crazy off the wall batshit play to stir up action, that's great too. I'm giving you pride of place, cos it's the easiest to get out of the D1 lynch if you're a RVS bandwagon target, especially because I, for one, don't like short D1s when I'm not scum. Or when I'm scum and don't know the other player's roles. Or in general, honestly. D1 is my favorite day.
Naturegirl1999: how can we prevent this focus on a possibly weaker foreign player that I've just created from sapping our ability to exert pressure on other players in the thread? Does pressure like that even matter, or does a 4mask catching trap where scum are outed by their lack of motion when not under the light work better?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2019, 12:35:35 pm »

Superdorf: how will you distinguish between a lazy cop player leaning on their power and scum this D1? What will you do to get a cop player to stop being lazy and engage with the daygame?

I'm... not sure. The two are depressingly similar in-thread... I'd expect a lazy-cop to at least poke folks they're not planning on investigating that night? Maybe? There are subtleties here I've little skill in.

If I were to spot a lazy player, I'd to try and prod them in-thread: gently at first, not-so-gently as time wears on. Eventually-- barring a more urgent case-- I'd call them out as scum, and place my vote accordingly. That holds true regardless of said lazy player's alignment.

New question: why claim a powerful role early on, thus painting a target on yourself?

Wonder of wonders, I've got-- of all things-- concrete D1 mechanical information!

There is a Save ability in play.
There is a Brainwash ability in play.
There is an Infect ability in play.
There are at least two Prime/Ignite abilities in play.

PPE: More material from dolores; I'll address that next post.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2019, 12:37:28 pm »

I'm... not sure. The two are depressingly similar in-thread... I'd expect a lazy-cop to at least poke folks they're not planning on investigating that night? Maybe? There are subtleties here I've little skill in.

If I were to spot a lazy player, I'd to try and prod them in-thread: gently at first, not-so-gently as time wears on. Eventually-- barring a more urgent case-- I'd call them out as scum, and place my vote accordingly. That holds true regardless of said lazy player's alignment.

New question: why claim a powerful role early on, thus painting a target on yourself?

Wonder of wonders, I've got-- of all things-- concrete D1 mechanical information!

There is a Save ability in play.
There is a Brainwash ability in play.
There is an Infect ability in play.
There are at least two Prime/Ignite abilities in play.

PPE: More material from dolores; I'll address that next post.
How did you determine this mechanical information?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13