Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 33510 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Day 1 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2019, 11:34:19 am »

End of D1

The players hammered TricMagic to death. Afterwards, when they were scrolling back through the newly created logs in the Legend Mode, they realised- all too late- that TricMagic's only offense was illegally modding their character to be lava immune.

Superdorf
Persus13
Dolores
TricMagic - Naturegirl1999, Icytea31, Dolores, Persus13  [4]
FallacyofUrist - Deus Asmoth, Superdorf, Shadowclaw777 [3]
Deus Asmoth
Naturegirl1999
Shadowclaw777
Icytea31 - FallacyofUrist [1]

TricMagic was lynched. TricMagic was town.

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)

It's night. Please send your actions as soon as you can. If you don't want to act, please let me know. Night ends when all actions are in in, or in 24 hours: 22nd December 4.30pm GMT

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - N1 - In the Heat of the Night
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2019, 05:39:43 pm »

N1 Ends

The players logged in to find a ++llama wool sock++ had been left blocking a doorway, allowing a horde of undead to rampage through the lower meadhalls. Superdorf, despite his name, did not survive.

Superdorf was killed. Superdorf was town.

Spoiler: Superdorf (click to show/hide)

D2 Begins!

Persus13
Dolores
FallacyofUrist
Deus Asmoth
Naturegirl1999
Shadowclaw777
Icytea31

Hammer on 4. Day ends 10.40pm 25th December. The mod will extend the day if people want due to it being Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 06:23:55 pm by notquitethere »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - D2 - Sock-related Massacre
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2019, 06:17:09 pm »

NQT: Is Superdorf's role/alignment/cause of death not being revealed intentional? Also, my posting on the 24th/25th is going to be severely hampered due to the holidays, so I'd be in favor of an extension.

FallacyofUrist[: You were focused on Superdorf and ICT for most of D1, and so I didn't talk to you all that much. Is there anything from D1 you're reconsidering now?

IcyTea: Have you read your Role PM now?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2019, 06:25:18 pm »

NQT: Is Superdorf's role/alignment/cause of death not being revealed intentional? Also, my posting on the 24th/25th is going to be severely hampered due to the holidays, so I'd be in favor of an extension.
That was a mistaken omission. Now there.

Day 2 is extended to 10.40pm on the 26th (hammer still at normal time).

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Day 1 - Hammerings to Continue Until Morale Improves
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2019, 08:43:37 pm »

ICT
Whoever replaces dolores is town. I estimated that a decent bait directed against their previous ideas might draw them to post despite being out, if and only if they had the investment in the game common to townies.
How does this make dolores town rather than someone with more time on their hands than expected, which is what dolores claimed to be?

Shadow: if we assume there aren't any alignment investigations in this game, what do you think the best way to find scum is?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2019, 03:04:31 am »

Have you read your Role PM now?
Yes. It changed nothing. I'd like to hear you speculate on why I performed no night action.

How does this make dolores town rather than someone with more time on their hands than expected, which is what dolores claimed to be?
It proves that dolores was highly invested in the game and willing to get a word in during the day to respond to a case, despite thinking they were breaking the rules in doing so. In other words, they still wanted to win, knowing that they could only win by posting during the day. I estimate scum!dolores wouldn't care enough to play after out'ing, as scum can (theoretically) win with passive play.

If you out'ed, do you think it would be easier to lure you back into the game if you were town or scum?

I wouldn't have really classed it as a personal attack though.
What, then, would you classify dolores' argument against you as? The patronizing argument was directly pointed against your self-declared metagame and your knowledge of the consensus mafia theory.

I promised a read list to Superdorf, here it is:

Persus13: Scum or Cop. Sneaky play to stay under the radar. After the meta discussion, there are several larhe posts but most arguments seem to be advice and observations rather than spotlight-stealing accusations. Either has a powerful role they can rely on to win the game, or has another thing to hide.
Dolores*: Town. Extremely invested player displaying effective scumhunting.
FallacyofUrist: Slight town. Orthodox town play. Investigated Superdorf's drop well. Clumsy about keeping their arguments self-consistent.
Deus Asmoth: Slight scum. Posts are few and not particularly content-filled. States that this is their personal playstyle, but it remains that it hasn't been very effective town play.
Naturegirl1999: Slight town. Timid to make accusations, but asks a lot of pretty insightful questions. Doesn't have an obvious buddy.
Shadowclaw777: Scum. Quickly jumps to conclusions and states other players are suspicious, but then doesn't actually chase after them to ascertain those reads. For isntance, voted for FoU speaking a single word directly to them. Active, but not playing for the town wincon.

*Or whoever replaces them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2019, 03:06:11 am »

Shadowclaw777.

See above post. Realized I should include their name in the formatting.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2019, 07:13:21 am »

It proves that dolores was highly invested in the game and willing to get a word in during the day to respond to a case, despite thinking they were breaking the rules in doing so. In other words, they still wanted to win, knowing that they could only win by posting during the day. I estimate scum!dolores wouldn't care enough to play after out'ing, as scum can (theoretically) win with passive play.

If you out'ed, do you think it would be easier to lure you back into the game if you were town or scum?
It would have literally no effect on my decision.

I wouldn't have really classed it as a personal attack though.
What, then, would you classify dolores' argument against you as? The patronizing argument was directly pointed against your self-declared metagame and your knowledge of the consensus mafia theory.
[/quote]
I'd classify it as a poor meta read. I'd also classify your assessment of her argument as wrong, since she hasn't responded to my points about my meta game at all as far as I can tell, nor has she made any real response to my thoughts on mafia theory.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2019, 12:51:49 pm »

FallacyofUrist[: You were focused on Superdorf and ICT for most of D1, and so I didn't talk to you all that much. Is there anything from D1 you're reconsidering now?
Superdorf was town, and now I'm partly regretting pointing out the danger his abilities created to the mafia - after all, he is now dead. If I didn't make him seem so useful perhaps he wouldn't have been targeted. I would rather have been killed myself to be honest, in his place.

IcyTea31 is still a valid vote for the moment, however. I don't like how he considers me to be a town player.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2019, 12:57:32 pm »

Shadowclaw777.

See above post. Realized I should include their name in the formatting.

Pretty foolish on that train of thought, I didn’t pursue the train of thought simple because I doubt it would come up with attention from the others and we had like a day left to pursue that agenda, and I doubt it would come up with attention, I’m simply trying to ascertain who’s doing what is suspicious, and after recollecting you’re previous posts especially on TricMagic, I felt like he was certainly town, you said even if he was town you should still vote him off just because he would be a bad player because of his lack of activity. This is clearly an anti-town move, and my rationale is probably that the ones voted that user off have the potential to have collaborated with you, I don’t know if their is a mafia sub-chat even more so it’s time to reveal my role. You know those questions I’m been asking before?, that role is a Town Vigilante well rather a Town Arsonist, and the one I primed is based on random chance. Anyways if anyone has been most suspect has probably been you and the highest probability for being scum. You have done too many seeming anti-town moves that have created too much suspicion. Maybe defer what your role is too town, to make people trust you. Or do you really have such a powerful role that it needs to hidden?

As for the FallacyOfUrist thing their were people already voting for him; and with his fascination with catgirls I had really nothing to go on, and the logic bringing him up to lynch was somewhat hail marry.

Currently my logic goes to voting IceyTea31

ICT
Whoever replaces dolores is town. I estimated that a decent bait directed against their previous ideas might draw them to post despite being out, if and only if they had the investment in the game common to townies.

Shadow: if we assume there aren't any alignment investigations in this game, what do you think the best way to find scum is?

As stated most likely by founding inconsistencies in people arguments, people who get too aggressive or pushy for someone to be lynched even with lack of evidence trying to get mafia get two kills which they did for this night. Basically simple critical thinking of what other people are saying, and focus on what the people who are leading the discussion are saying, they most likely are trying to stir people to vote for towns since they know who scum is.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2019, 03:12:06 pm »

It would have literally no effect on my decision.
That's a lie you tell to yourself. All of us are vulnerable to the sunk cost fallacy, and knowing that town has to put in more work to win, town is also less likely to throw all that work away than scum. That work is what I mean when I say someone is invested in the game.

I'd classify it as a poor meta read. I'd also classify your assessment of her argument as wrong, since she hasn't responded to my points about my meta game at all as far as I can tell, nor has she made any real response to my thoughts on mafia theory.
You're moving away from her RVS question, which was your original point and the point I was responding to.
Deus Asmoth: activity is the best measure of townyness. You've a history of relative inactivity as scum. How will you convince me you're town in this game?
How is this question and the arguments following from it not provocatively directed at your past performance and arguments?

I don't like how he considers me to be a town player.
Shadow-chasing town is still town. You're making arguments which you believe to be true and asked the right questions to Superdorf to make the drop even more informative to town. Importantly, your posts had some inconsistencies which imply you're not carefully building your arguments and are typing what you honestly believe.

What actually is your argument for lynching me, right now? As far as you've said so far on this day, your vote is pure gut. Previously, you wanted me lynched for not reading my PM, which I now have done.

Pretty foolish on that train of thought, I didn’t pursue the train of thought simple because I doubt it would come up with attention from the others and we had like a day left to pursue that agenda
This is Mafia. Everything you say will be carefully scrutinized. And if you had something to say, why didn't you say it earlier?

after recollecting you’re previous posts especially on TricMagic, I felt like he was certainly town
Tric had made a grand total of a single post in this game. What made you feel he was "certainly town"?

you said even if he was town you should still vote him off just because he would be a bad player because of his lack of activity.
Lynching lurkers is smart even if town, because doing so removes a black hole from the town's knowledge. Anyone you can talk to, you can read the alignment of. If someone doesn't talk, that ability, one of the few abilities town players have on their side, is gone.

the one I primed is based on random chance.
Holy shit. After complaining that you don't want the lynch to be random, you use a random nightkill? In what world is that a sensible pro-town move?

As for the FallacyOfUrist thing their were people already voting for him
This is called bandwagoning. Voting for someone for no reason other than that others are already voting for them is one of the worst possible reasons for it.

and with his fascination with catgirls
Interesting; you've read through some past games on this forum. They should have shown you how daygame scumhunting works, so why hadn't you even attempted doing what people did in those games?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2019, 03:14:44 pm »

why hadn't you even attempted doing what people did in those games?
What I mean by "hadn't": your latest post is the kind of post you should have been making through all of D1; a good post actually trying to make a clear point and investigate a suspicion. Did your scumbuddy coach you to make it?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2019, 03:38:07 pm »

My ability is random, I prime two random targets, and hope for a hail marry that my two ignites are one of those primes. How can this ability be useful for town?, the only way was to synergize with Tric and have the whole town primed and than burn everyone alive. I’m giving you specific details on how my super works, how is that not pro-town?, I’m pretty much putting a target on my head because I specified my ability, you think I’m lying how this ability works?

Also no lol, FallacyOfUrist meme about catgirls existed in Forum Games and Roleplaying and always been a thing to scrutinize about the user, the joke has dried out but no I haven’t check how you effectively scum hunt, you always try to rely on a Town Sheriff or whatever but my experience without powers is certainly lacking. I don’t know exactly how you can get a reliable day one scum lynch, unless the scum users are really bad at making discussion, than your hoping that the target just happens to be a scum.
why hadn't you even attempted doing what people did in those games?
What I mean by "hadn't": your latest post is the kind of post you should have been making through all of D1; a good post actually trying to make a clear point and investigate a suspicion. Did your scumbuddy coach you to make it?

Sorry I don’t got someone coaching me lol, all these arguments come from me. My main thing I’m trying to say is you were the only one being aggressive towards Tric, how would you possibility know that he is scum?, he was easy pickings a part of your scum-discussion and team, everyone would go after the inactive town player, so a easy a lynch. You probably are being apart of the scum team and know that I’m an easy picking because I make “shitty arguments” so your trying to encourage the others to vote me in.

Anyways we probably have 2 or 3 Scum players out of the 7 (I don’t think 4 Scum out of 9, seems exactly fair...) and this is the most critical moment in this game since once we reach the point that their are equal or more scum players, than they can tie-lock and kill each night. So if their is three scum players, if the lynch comes out to town, unless their is another vigilante to even the odds the scum practically win, unless their is 2 of them.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2019, 03:59:24 pm »

the only way was to synergize with Tric and have the whole town primed and than burn everyone alive
HOW?! Tric is dead, and was dead when the night started; unless you have a revive in your pocket, you're literally planning to kill everyone. Since the chance of hitting town with a random move is much higher, the only thing this "hail mary" can reliably do is lose the game for town.

If you're not scum and actually are this incompetent, please, PLEASE go read some of those past games and learn how to play this game. Seriously, in the pre-game, dolores even offered to mentor you! Why didn't you accept?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2019, 04:02:03 pm »

Oh, and you wanted to know my role? How about you try to answer the question I asked Persus?

I'd like to hear you speculate on why I performed no night action.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13