Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 33847 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Day 1 - Hammerings to Continue Until Morale Improves
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2019, 11:54:26 am »

This was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I decided to join in this game. For those wondering, I absolutely would have voted ICT for their comments Day 1 as town. It was basically a gut reaction to make sure they saw my post.

Glad to see my urging ICT to do a Hail Mary worked out. Given NQT's choice of tie+ random lynch, I could have randomly lost D3 otherwise. Although we were basing it on mistaken information, it worked out for us.

ICT: This was the breadcrumb.
Its only been an hour since the game started and I keep getting preempted by new replies. Good to see activity right out of the gate, hopefully that keeps up.

Shadowclaw: Nice to see a new face, but that probably means you're going to be getting a fair amount of attention right out of the gate. How do you think you'll handle that?

Deus Asmoth: Census or random inspect, which would you rather have?

Superdorf:
Persus13: Who here would be least dangerous as a serial killer?
There isn't really anyone here that I'd describe as being easy to out as an SK, and Shadowclaw I know very little about. Whereas I'm pretty low key in general and don't really like playing SKs, so I wouldn't consider myself to be particularly good at it. So probably me?

How do you feel about your confidence level now that you've gotten some more games under your belt? Did you feel nervous about dropping that census info? What are you looking forward to in this game?

Naturegirl:
I’m thinking your role has something to do with cops, maybe it triggers when a cop has you as their target? Maybe you’re a cop? Maybe your role causes your target to be seen as a cop even if they might not be? Proc gen roles could be lots of things. I’m thinking on questions. Previous questions I asked in the last game seem to have been unhelpful. I want to make sure my questions aren’t useless
FYI, the code for the generator is freely available, so you can actually look at the code to determine what role combinations are possible. Of course, if you think someone is town, speculating on their role in thread might not be wise.

dolores:
Persus13: theres a developing duologue between myself and ICT about the importance of intentionally disruptive play as scum. Do you think it's reasonable to interpret emotionally manipulative tactics as scummy? Does this only apply to certain players, or to everyone?
Emotionally Manipulative tactics is a pretty vague term to me, so I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. Mafia tactics are usually something I'm not super fond of theory crafting over, mainly because they do tend to vary from person to person though.
Bolding done by me just now. The first letter of part of my initial post spelled out an anagram of INFECT. If I had to claim the infect at some point I planned on bringing that up.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Game Over - Mafia Win!
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2019, 12:11:26 pm »

Could I have played better?, isn’t that obvious I was just mainly lazy and had difficulty of making statement on the shit I wanted to say.
I thought you did okay for a first game. You igniting helped win the game for us, but that's more because there were two arsonists than if it was just you.

My guess was on IceyTea and Dolores being scum buddies after this post since IceyTea was obviously going for the easy to lynch people so I was very suspicious, if you try to get people to lynch for the edge lord or rather the most awkward townies then how is town going to counteract that?
This was essentially going to be my case if I had to bus Tea.

I wonder if Bay12 Mafia ever experienced neutral roles like Jester or Executioner , or maybe something like a Ammesiac (One wants to be lynched, the other has to get someone lynched, the amnesiac gets to choose town or scum with their tole ability)
We have third parties like those in other games. The main issue is that those usually need larger games to work well in.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]