Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT  (Read 54318 times)

spiderApocalypse

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2020, 03:41:23 am »

Hey, i posted this on the reddit bi-weekly thread two times and got no answer. Maybe people in this thread can answer and/or do something about it.

At https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Adventurer_mode#FAQ, on the subject of vampires we can read : " Your strength, agility and toughness are doubled. They're still fixed forever, so, again, be prepared "

However at https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Vampire#Adventure_mode, we can read : " Physical attributes such as endurance are still able to increase after becoming a vampire ".

Which one is true ? If someone knows, could we fix this issue ?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2020, 03:47:32 am »

Ooh. Extra pressure.
In yesterday's podcast Toady said "we'll make a tutorial for the basics, but nothing can replace the wiki!".

https://literate-gamer.zencast.website/episodes/172

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2020, 12:02:28 pm »

How up-to-date is this page?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Known_bugs_and_issues

It's linked from the reddit sideboard, so it probably gets a lot of traffic.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2020, 12:44:02 am »

How up-to-date is this page?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Known_bugs_and_issues

It's linked from the reddit sideboard, so it probably gets a lot of traffic.
Mostly not updated to reflect changes in 47.x. Especially in the "new" and "lingering" bugs.

At a glance, some have been fixed outright (ex-spies for example) and some like the raiding crashes have seen improvements which makes them happen less often (indeed, not sure if anyone's posted a raiding crash from a world generated in 47.04 without any prior corruption - people on the tracker referring to "my" crash still happening and such indicating otherwise. Toady said that if a save is already corrupted it would probably stay that way).

Better off linking to the bug tracker (on the wiki and at Reddit) to indicate the status of bugs. Kind of defiies point of having a bug tracker if you're having to do double the work to manually update the wiki each time. The intro is good and is really all that's needed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 12:55:36 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2020, 07:44:34 am »

Meridian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2020, 03:57:21 am »

I'm not sure how new the token are, but Descriptor Shape Token is probably in need of an update due to how various tokens get used and the presence of them.
[CATEGORY:] (Simple, Dice), [FACES:], and any others would probably be good areas to explore.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2020, 05:51:33 am »

Some boilerplate in need of refinement.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2020, 10:40:31 am »

I think I found some data that hasn't been current since version 0.28, but I don't know enough about the subject to correct it. The "Cost of Items" section.

The cost of a weapon or piece of armor in metal bars can be calculated by using material size/3 and rounding down, with no item costing less than one metal bar.

I don't think Material Size has existed since DF v0.28.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2020, 01:15:26 pm »

Going by the description on the material size page, I'm pretty sure it is still a thing (at least the part about different items returning different amounts of metal when melted). From the history, it looks like the page was moved from the main namespace when the 40d namespace was created, and maybe should have been migrated to newer namespaces too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2020, 01:48:18 pm »

I kind of thought all articles were migrated automatically, so this one must have been purposefully excluded.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2020, 02:55:30 pm »

It's done by a bot, and the bot that did it in 2010 probably doesn't exist anymore. From the edit summary, "moved Material size to 40d:Material size: 40d namespace migration", it's hard to tell if it was done before or after a 40d -> v0.31 copy. I wasn't even around in the v0.31 days, so for all I know, all v0.31 (DF2010 at the time) pages were created manually and that one got missed.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2020, 04:03:00 pm »

I'm not sure how new the token are, but Descriptor Shape Token is probably in need of an update due to how various tokens get used and the presence of them.
[CATEGORY:] (Simple, Dice), [FACES:], and any others would probably be good areas to explore.
Roger roger!

Meridian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2020, 04:24:03 am »

Roger roger!

oh my god. a savior

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2020, 04:16:13 pm »

Roger roger!

oh my god. a savior

;) The WORD token still needs researching, though. I would assume its tied someway to what words(symbols) the entities prefer, but I'm not sure.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2020, 07:22:11 pm »

On a few of the above ground crops that can be brewed, what does the phrase "However, it is not as delicious as any of the underground crops." actually refer to mechanically?
Rat weed and prickle berries for example.

It links to the page on alcohol, but there's no reference to "deliciousness" there.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15