Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT  (Read 53905 times)

Su

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Angel Island Zone
Re: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2020, 02:44:43 pm »

Intrigue#Fortress_mode, justice, and the dungeon master all need some love. some science i performed today: interrogating the "wrong" dwarf doesn't seem to have any negative effects.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2020, 09:42:24 am »

A page on how to actually complete the various agreements or quests you receive in adventure mode could be useful.

Also I'm touching up the needs page a little bit.

Finally I don't know where this would even go, and despite looking into it it's really hard to reproduce, but a lot of things that cause "bad thoughts" don't necessarily have to actually cause bad thoughts. some combinations of personality, experiences, facets, or whatever can cause dwarves to get happy thoughts from normally negative events like people dying, miasma, nudity, crowded tables, sentient corpses, etc.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Libertine Angel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2020, 01:49:02 pm »

I've added a section to the Justice page for Interrogation, it's only a few sentences so far but it's better than nothing.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2021, 03:20:21 pm »

We seem to have something of a problem:

It is likely that dice with more sides have more extreme effects: dice with fewer sides than 12 cannot cause the stronger effects (shown in bold), both good or bad.

...the entire list, like it or not, is in bold ATM. Suggestions?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2021, 07:49:44 pm »

It would be helpful to link to the page you're talking about - https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Die in this case.

The bold was originally added to some list items in this revision: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?title=DF2014:Die&diff=250225&oldid=250205
And it looks like you then made everything bold in this revision: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?title=DF2014:Die&diff=253926&oldid=253922
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2021, 08:52:14 pm »

When Sphere page will get effects of spheres? Like list of spheres that make regions into evil, spheres that add HFS experimenting or summoning or UL et cetera.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2021, 03:10:45 am »

When Sphere page will get effects of spheres? Like list of spheres that make regions into evil, spheres that add HFS experimenting or summoning or UL et cetera.

Huh?  I didn’t know that was in, already!  I thought regions being tied to different spheres (instead of just “good”, “neutral”, or “evil”) wasn’t coming until after the Big Wait.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2021, 04:05:07 am »

Huh?  I didn’t know that was in, already!  I thought regions being tied to different spheres (instead of just “good”, “neutral”, or “evil”) wasn’t coming until after the Big Wait.

There’s the specific effects of SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER and then there’s the bogeymen presumably being restricted to nightmare-aligned evil regions. I don’t recall how this works, whether it’s intristic to NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN or if it’s a combination of the former and the bogeyman’s sphere alignment. Also, the devpost says they were restricted to ”certain primordial evil regions and nightmare demons”. The nightmare demon part is obviously about those spreading the sphere, but are the primordial evil regions also aligned, or do they simply have a toggle allowing boogiemen? It’s not clear.

Oh, and deities can gift secrets of their spheres to their believers. In vanilla, it’s used for granting the secrets of life and death/necromancy.

I think that’s it though, the new necromancer stuff is handled by other tokens.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2021, 05:19:54 am »

We seem to have something of a problem:

It is likely that dice with more sides have more extreme effects: dice with fewer sides than 12 cannot cause the stronger effects (shown in bold), both good or bad.

...the entire list, like it or not, is in bold ATM. Suggestions?

I took the liberty of unbolding the two that were originally not bolded, as lethosor outlaid. Better would be to do the advmode verification testing, though (albeit personally I'm unexperienced with adv mode, so maybe someone else can do that).

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #174 on: January 07, 2021, 01:11:53 pm »

I just rewrote the Development Arc page. I did not have much info about the old "arc system" as I wasn't here back then to remember it. The pages for specific arcs also need a rewrite, or be merged into the Development Arc page. They're all very short and stub-like.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2021, 06:52:48 pm »

Updated the Valley Herb page with something long-planned - since 43.05, in fact. Sanity-test as you wish.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:51:53 am by Silverwing235 »

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2021, 12:49:46 pm »

Hey all, I stopped following this for a while because it seemed people were just listing pages that needed updates but few edits were being made. I'll come through soon and update the main post and get things current.

Libertine Angel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2021, 02:15:41 pm »

Searching for "Plot" currently redirects to Farming, does anyone else think it might be sensible to set up a disambiguation page for people who are looking for Intrigue plots rather than Farm plots?

Su

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Angel Island Zone
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2021, 11:49:27 pm »

Searching for "Plot" currently redirects to Farming, does anyone else think it might be sensible to set up a disambiguation page for people who are looking for Intrigue plots rather than Farm plots?

how's this? https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Plot

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2021, 05:48:20 pm »

Can I make a suggestion for the Wiki? On pages that have items, could we include the stockpile/s go in? I was thinking they could go in the table on the right.

Quoting this not because I've reached the level where I know how to edit wiki templates, but as it is a good idea I don't want to bury.

Another addition i think would be very useful, for the creature token page https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token instead of clicking on the blue token just leading you back to the same page and the same spot, each should link to the category page where creatures containing that token, so for instance instead of linking you to https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token#LAYS_EGGS it links you to https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Category:DF2014:Milkable An link linking you to the same page and the same place on the same page feels kinda pointless

These are two things I've been wanting to do for a long time but it seems like a large chore. I'd like to do this for all tokens, not just creatures, is there any simple way to create a category page from all known Tokens and then populate it from the raws that token appears in? I can imagine a script that could do it with the raws themselves but I don't know how it would work in on a wiki.

Maybe we could also make a template sidebar for items/objects (like creatures have) that holds the common item info like the translations, description, the stockpile it belongs to, possible materials, tile, image from the premium release, possible workshops it can be made in, etc?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15