Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT  (Read 53901 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2020, 05:46:45 pm »

Someone beat me to it by the time I got home.

I did, however, take time to extract some sample RAWs and do (minimal, initial) clean-up on them. It might be worth posting them, as is done for angels, as examples of the commonalities in experiments. Or at least, it provides some idea of what is universal among experiments.

found a new token in those raws i think:
NO_GENDER

Also,
[NIGHT_CREATURE] token with no arguments
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:48:49 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2020, 09:41:46 am »

I did, however, take time to extract some sample RAWs and do (minimal, initial) clean-up on them. It might be worth posting them, as is done for angels, as examples of the commonalities in experiments. Or at least, it provides some idea of what is universal among experiments.

NO_GENDER

Also,
NO_GENDER is quite an old tag.
Do you have any idea what NO_GENDER does?

Also, the I:SOURCE EXPERIMENT has a link to one of my posts. I don't know for sure what it does, as I haven't experimented with it, and that post was more, I found this new tag, here's what I assume it does.
Could that link be removed or changed to a post that explains what it does?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »

NO_GENDER

Also,

Also, the I:SOURCE EXPERIMENT has a link to one of my posts. I don't know for sure what it does, as I haven't experimented with it, and that post was more, I found this new tag, here's what I assume it does.
Could that link be removed or changed to a post that explains what it does?

I updated the wiki with what Tarn said about experiments. I think what you said about I_SOURCE:Experiment is pretty on point, i tried testing experiments myself but . think i screwed up because when i added it my necros didn't even bother making towers anymore. very strange behavior.

ANyway heres what tarn said:
Artifact etc. magical stuff is all on the giant table for the magic release, but no idea what we'll support on the first go.

The SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED tag was a precaution after I had one bug with effects not fully manifesting due to low levels.  It may not be necessary, but I decided to give everybody a full dose of the juice until I could get a closer look at it.

EXPERIMENT_ONLY: Rather than just a source, it should probably be mixed with USAGE_HINTS somehow, but it has to be starker in stopping it from being used outside the experiment context.  It's just a cludge for the mix there since I didn't have time to do better.  It stops the use in play and also encourages the usage specifically to create experimental population.  Theoretically, though I didn't check this, if you have an invader in w.g. that does experiments, they should apply any modded effect that has EXPERIMENT_ONLY and an ADD_SYNDROME effect, no matter what it is, to make whatever kind of army (though these armies will probably be treated as less than intelligent/soulless in some contexts since they are expected to be zombieish.)  An "invader that does experiments" here is a UNIQUE_DEMON with deformity or chaos (and the demonic experiments param is set) or anybody with NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER, who also knows a relevant interaction.  I'm less sure about the demons -- they can know lots of secrets since they get them for free through spheres, but I don't know how easy it is to link one of these ghoul-type interactions to them.  Doing it as a deformity or chaos I_SOURCE:SECRET/IS_SPHERE may work.

The ghoul interactions get applied in world gen. And so they must work. Though not nessessarily user_defined. As far as i can tell.
If you want you can update the link to that FOTF reply. But i think its fine.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:14:01 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2020, 09:36:45 am »

Ok, I declare https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Intrigue the central villains-related-stuff page.

I need someone to help with filling out the dwarf mode section, as I haven't properly played fort mode this version yet. Also linking up the page with the rest of the wiki. And in general, if you are reading this page what kind of questions pop up?

To explain, I have been helping out with Legends Browser, so I now know quite a bit about the different plots and strategies and such in world gen, but it is very much a heap of data, so I am not sure what to prioritize. Furthermore, we got a ton of knowledge from the devlogs, but again, how to structure it? So if we have some key questions people want answered then it'll become easier to figure out how to structure that information.

(Though, part of the problem here is that due the limited interaction it's "mostly a giant mush of data until we add more structure" as the release notes say...)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2020, 01:15:26 pm »

Alright here's some stuff that needs to be detailed:

-Monastic orders (expand current pages, update pages for Pilgrims and Monks)
-Mercenary orders (current page for Mercenary just mentions the visitor type)
-Merchant companies and counting houses
-Adv mode guildhalls
-How religions are formed and spread, prophets arise, holy cities get founded, people get persecuted, etc.
-The whole "account" system and how it relates to various acts of sabotage, corruption, etc.
-Private city towers
-Intelligent undead ("lieuteneants")
-Abominations/experiments
-New and revamped bogeymen
-Civs breaching into hell in worldgen
-Specific kinds of demons/evil and their related effects (nightmare -> bogeymen, death -> zombies)
-Bandit forts
-How "evidence" works
-New relationship stuff
-Slow/fast aquifers
-New character/party creation screen in adv mode
-Alliances

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2020, 03:01:02 pm »

Is tactical mode in adv mode on the wiki?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2020, 03:09:32 pm »

if it is, it's on https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Adventurer_mode somewhere... That page really really needs to be split up :s
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2020, 03:14:20 pm »

if it is, it's on https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Adventurer_mode somewhere... That page really really needs to be split up :s
I searched for 'tactical' on that page and did not find it.
It also need to mention the changes with curses, that some can be from dice, and that you can only get one from a statue of your god's religion.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:18:49 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2020, 05:15:31 pm »

NO_GENDER

*facepalm* Apart from the obvious, I think you mean? Not really, no...that is, me neither.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2020, 05:50:50 pm »

NO_GENDER

*facepalm* Apart from the obvious, I think you mean? Not really, no...that is, me neither.
Hmm... I'm not sure why I said that. I should have been able to look it up on wiki even then. Maybe I meant to write some other token, but wrote the same one as the first one?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2020, 08:26:06 pm »

I plan to collect all the new suggestions for v.47 and add them to the main post soon. I started a new job a few weeks ago and haven't had much spare time.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2020, 09:22:10 am »

EDIT: Looks like a resolution from upstairs occurred  - I'll be slightly more careful with wiki formatting in future, obvs.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:45:21 pm by Silverwing235 »

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2020, 03:46:47 pm »

@Silverwing235: The submitted raws were messy, they had a couple non-raw characters from the extraction process. There was an = sign that transformed the unnamed param (for the template) into a named param which caused the error. Make sure to clean up the code and preview your edit before submitting. Also the raws are all examples of experiments, not nightmares. I fixed and moved them to the correct article, but next time please don't copypaste raw extracts before checking if they've been cleaned or not, and cleaning them if it's required. No worries.

@Pillbo: you can check off kobold caves from the list.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:16:46 am by Doorkeeper »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2020, 04:14:51 pm »

Do dice not have a page yet?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!