Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT  (Read 53896 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2019, 07:10:18 pm »

Does anyone know how to remove this? It serves no purpose, it should just redirect you instead of having you click it yourself.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Animal_person does redirect as expected.
You linked to https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?title=DF2014:Animal_people&redirect=no - the "redirect=no" parameter in the URL prevents redirects from redirecting, which allows you to view/edit them, but isn't the default. (Maybe you followed the "redirected from" link on the "Animal person" page, or a link provided by someone else?)

When you click this in the search box it brings me to that page with that url.  I actually wind up at this page pretty regularly, I never think to search it singularly.

Hmm, yeah, this is a problem I caused when I moved the pages* over some week ago. It clearly didn't work out as intended. Redirects are tricky, sadly I can't really tell how to solve this either, but I am sorry for causing the problem to begin with.

*DF2014:Animal_people => DF2014:Animal_person
  v0.34:Animal_people => v0.34:Animal_person

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2019, 12:49:22 am »

When you click this in the search box it brings me to that page with that url.  I actually wind up at this page pretty regularly, I never think to search it singularly.

-snip-

Hmm, yeah, this is a problem I caused when I moved the pages* over some week ago. It clearly didn't work out as intended. Redirects are tricky, sadly I can't really tell how to solve this either, but I am sorry for causing the problem to begin with.

*DF2014:Animal_people => DF2014:Animal_person
  v0.34:Animal_people => v0.34:Animal_person

Oh, thanks for the clarification - so it's actually the "Animal people" page that was the issue, not "DF2014:Animal people".
The main cause of this issue is that the move created a double redirect (Animal people -> DF2014:Animal people -> DF2014:Animal person). This is correct per the wiki's current redirect standards, but Mediawiki (our wiki software) has some bugs when it comes to dealing with double redirects. This is probably the most common problem you'll see with double redirects - i.e. when A redirects to B, and B gets updated to redirect to C, A is still cached and won't redirect to C properly. I "fixed" this by editing the page a couple times, and searching seems to work for me now. I did identify a way to clear specific entries from the redirect cache, but it's a bit of a pain to do automatically. I could probably add a "fix this redirect" button on the "A" page pretty easily, though (I've just been too busy to get around to implementing it).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2019, 02:17:09 pm »

I just updated the wiki page on Emigration and added some known bugs. Is there anything else I should add?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2019, 04:48:23 pm »

I just updated the wiki page on Emigration and added some known bugs. Is there anything else I should add?
Maybe add a note that returning dwarves requires testing. That way someone will get round to checking if it's really a thing.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2019, 01:50:32 pm »

lethosor there appears to be a problem with account creation on the wiki. I get this every time I try to submit. There also might be something wrong with the confirmation captcha, I fixed one very minor thing today and I had to click through 12 capcha screens before it stopped just giving me a new one.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2019, 10:22:37 pm »

I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong - from the logs, it looks like several people have been able to create accounts this month. Make sure you're only filling in the necessary fields - there might be a dummy checkbox or text field that only shows up if you have JavaScript disabled that causes the form to be rejected, so make sure you aren't filling that out if it shows up. Also, make sure you're not using the back/forward buttons in your browser - try opening the "obtain a token" link in a new tab if you haven't, then paste the token in the old tab.

If none of that helps, PM me and I'll create an account for you (and I should be able to exempt you from the captcha requirements too, while I'm at it).

The "12 captcha screens" issue is probably a Google thing - not much we can do there, sorry.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »

If none of that helps, PM me and I'll create an account for you (and I should be able to exempt you from the captcha requirements too, while I'm at it).

The "12 captcha screens" issue is probably a Google thing - not much we can do there, sorry.

Tried again today and it worked fine on my first try, same with the captcha, thanks. Also thanks for fixing the Animal People redirect.

Thanks. Severedicks what do you think? That was your suggestion so I don't know exactly what you think it needs. (is there a way to tag a user on the forums?)

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2020, 11:22:27 am »

This seems like a good place to post this suggestion:

Similar to the "new to DF" rectangle with a few relevant links on the wiki start page, it would be great to have a "new to DF wiki editing" section with links to wiki markdown, style guides do's and don't's and in my opinion most importantly an overview of all the templates and categories that are being used and a page on how to use them. The information is mostly scattered somewhere in the wiki, but a central place for reference that can be easily found from the front page would be great.

I wanted to realize this for years now, but I never found the time to do it.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2020, 06:52:16 am »

Lots to do as of the new release. Altars and guildhalls and bastards and monasteries and nobles and mounting monstrosities, dragons and more.
But first, a quick question: how come 0.47.01 (and 0.44.11) are not identified versions by the {{version|0.xy.wz}} template?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2020, 11:16:13 am »

So... I guess we're not getting a DF2020 namespace? :D
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2020, 11:43:35 am »

I'd personally like to see the adventure mode page updated. As well as some info on escaped necromancer experiments. And finally some info on the new generated structures.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2020, 12:10:39 pm »

I am new to this. How should I organize the new interaction tokens associated with SUMMON_UNIT?

Various tags that I don't think are on/ are accurate on the wiki.
[I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT]
[EXPERIMENT_ONLY]
[NIGHT_CREATURE_NIGHTMARE]
[CE_SPECIAL_ATTACK_INTERACTION:INTERACTION:SECRET_GHOUL_7:BP:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:START:0:ABRUPT]
[SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER]
         [CE_STOP_BLEEDING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_CLOSE_OPEN_WOUNDS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_HEAL_TISSUES:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_HEAL_NERVES:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_CURE_INFECTION:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_DIZZINESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_FEVER:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REGROW_PARTS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
[UNIQUE_DEMON], [DEMON], [FEATURED_BEAST], maybe others that used to be generated and not raw.
[I_SOURCE:MEDIUM_CURSE][I_SOURCE:MEDIUM_BLESSING]
[IE_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:token]
            [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_FLAG:SMALL_RACE]
[IE_CREATURE_FLAG:token], [IE_FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_FLAG:token], [IE_FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:token]

HAS_ANY_SUPERNATURAL
ALL_CASTES_ALIVE
HAS_ANY_GRAZER
HAS_ANY_HAS_BLOOD
HAS_ANY_LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE
HAS_ANY_IMMOBILE
HAS_ANY_LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES
HAS_ANY_OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE
HAS_ANY_DEMON
HAS_ANY_FLIER
HAS_ANY_NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER
HAS_ANY_NIGHT_CREATURE
HAS_ANY_NIGHT_CREATURE_NIGHTMARE
HAS_ANY_NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN
HAS_ANY_CARNIVORE
HAS_ANY_NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER
CAN_SWIM
CURIOUS_BEAST_GUZZLER
HAS_SECRETION
CURIOUS_BEAST_EATER
INTELLIGENT_SPEAKS
HAS_ROTTABLE
AQUATIC_UNDERSWIM
INTELLIGENT_LEARNS
HAS_ANY_RACE_GAIT
HAS_ANY_GRASP
HAS_ANY_SLOW_LEARNER
HAS_ANY_FLY_RACE_GAIT
CANNOT_BREATHE_AIR
CAN_BREATHE_WATER
CURIOUS_BEAST_ITEM
CURIOUS_BEAST
HAS_ANY_INTELLIGENT_LEARNS
SMALL_RACE
OCCURS_AS_ENTITY_RACE
HAS_ANY_VERMIN_HATEABLE
HAS_ANY_CURIOUS_BEAST
HAS_ANY_LARGE_PREDATOR
HAS_ANY_NATURAL_ANIMAL
HAS_ANY_BENIGN
BIOME_RIVER_TROPICAL_FRESHWATER
BIOME_RIVER_TEMPERATE_SALTWATER
BIOME_RIVER_TROPICAL_SALTWATER
BIOME_RIVER_TROPICAL_BRACKISHWATER
MATES_TO_BREED
TWO_GENDERS
HAS_FEMALE
HAS_MALE
HAS_ANY_UTTERANCES
HAS_ANY_COMMON_DOMESTIC
HAS_ANY_FEATURE_BEAST
HAS_ANY_INTELLIGENT_SPEAKS
HAS_ANY_UNIQUE_DEMON
HAS_ANY_TITAN
HAS_ANY_MISCHIEVIOUS
HAS_ANY_NOT_LIVING
HAS_ANY_SEMIMEGABEAST
HAS_ANY_MEGABEAST
HAS_ANY_VERMIN_MICRO
HAS_ANY_POWER
HAS_ANY_CANNOT_BREATHE_WATER
HAS_ANY_NOT_FIREIMMUNE
HAS_ANY_NOT_FLIER
HAS_ANY_CANNOT_BREATHE_AIR
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:47:16 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2020, 03:27:44 am »

I added a passage to the article for Mounts to mention the additions to adventure mode. There's also a new Rider skill that the Skills article doesn't mention (and seemingly has no article of its own,) but I am having trouble with creating a page for it.

Edit: I also see that there are forts built by aboveground civs (distinct from dwarven fortresses) that are mentioned on the Sites page, but don't have an article of their own and are redirected to the dwarfy kind where they're mentioned.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:37:32 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2020, 01:11:09 am »

Lots to do as of the new release. Altars and guildhalls and bastards and monasteries and nobles and mounting monstrosities, dragons and more.
But first, a quick question: how come 0.47.01 (and 0.44.11) are not identified versions by the {{version|0.xy.wz}} template?
They need category pages for the links to not be red. Some examples: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Category:Version

So... I guess we're not getting a DF2020 namespace? :D
Historically that has only been done for releases that broke compatibility. Also, it's a bit late to make a new namespace at this point, since DF2014 is being updated with 0.47 stuff. We could consider renaming it "current" or something, though.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2020, 08:51:20 am »

Do the workshop templates get updated automatically from the raws? The craftsdwarf workshop has two new products (dice, altar) that should be added. I haven't found a way to edit the template so I assume it parses the information from somewhere else.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15