Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Incredibly complex game like aurora/mekhq?  (Read 6578 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Incredibly complex game like aurora/mekhq?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2020, 12:12:38 am »

I forgot how good it was , lots of fun on my return to that game :D

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2020, 09:28:05 am »

On that note, Space Empires 4 and 5 are great ones in similar veins, with 1-3 being ok to meh, if you can find them. 4 and 5 are on Steam at least.
4x Empire building with ship designing and fleet management. The AI governor(s) are decent and very tweakable.
So basically a more in-depth, and broader MoO.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2020, 02:03:56 am »

OooooOOOoooo, got Stars! running under MagicDosbox (paid version) on Android with a nice keyboard/mouse overlay! Fully playable on my phone now!

Long left click on mouse (for pop/mineral loading), left-ctrl (100 at a time, and for waypoint grabbing/micro-moving with long-left click), left-shift (ship waypoint adding) all on the left side of the screen. Long right click (change production queue autos and ship transport orders), </> (renamed to +/-, for easy warp number speed changing for scouting), Delete (for getting rid of way points), and F9 (for turn generation) all on the right side. The rest is doable by menus.

It's actually completely playable on a mobile phone now! Don't get me wrong, it's slower than x86 play, but I can do a 10-30 turn basic testbed in half an hour to two'ish hours on my phone now. Huzzah!

(MagicDosbox, the paid version, is friggen wonderful for stuff like this. I even got the very old dos version of DoomRL completely playable with it. I totally recommend paying the few dollars for the level of versatility it gives you on setting up touchscreen mouse/keyboard virtual button overlays for almost any game)

((happy to email you the overlay if you want it. I don't have any proper filehosting these days))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:40:44 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2020, 05:12:31 am »

Standard "pics, or it didn't happen" thing. Here ya go. Stars! is on mobile now 😋

https://youtu.be/4PO8q7HaPHY

(PS, feel free to share that link to people on Stars AutoHost. I'll give them the overlay file too)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:48:48 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2020, 09:33:37 pm »

Oh, and here's a mediafire link to the .mgc magicdosbox overlay file, if you want to give it a go:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/is5plqhu23btwf6

(it might seem silly to be championing the paid version of an android Dosbox emulator on here, but the fact is, it makes old games playable on mobile. Stars! The really old dos versions of DoomRL. Whatever. And there's a forum and a community of people making pretty BS-good overlays for them. Mine's really simple. There's someone else making and perfecting a portrait-mode overlay for Eye of the Beholder 1/2/3 for your phone, so you can chill and click-death stuff in a D&D universe. I'm jealous. GoG's probably jealous. Hell, I might make one for Capitalism+, just so the earth can have it. It's really good and very well worth the $3-5 in your local currency. No, I'm not remotely associated with the creator or their huge monies. I'm just saying. One of the only purchases on the playstore that's worth it. Bugger it, play TIE-fighter or Elite 2 on your phone. As-in, actually playable. Or Falcon 3. Because you can :) )
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:14:08 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]