Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A Chaos of Prophets  (Read 7319 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Chaos of Prophets
« on: December 18, 2019, 02:31:49 pm »

A Chaosing of the Propheters

Another 243 years have passed.

The Great Chubby Teddy Bear has returned, with his Stick of Woe and beady black eyes full of malice. With a pounding of his Stick he summons the Chaos Gods, great and small, to the world.

EVERYONE WHO POSTS IS A CHAOS GOD!
Your favor may be sought and you may grant boons to prophets who please you. Of course I, the great Lord of the Ewoks, will decide how many boons and blessings go through in a turn, and most of the times which ones (“randomly” of course). Your gifts can be anything from mundane equipment to terrible artifacts to mutations to a baby cherub following them around constant and shouting your praises at the top of its lungs. Go nuts.

If and when you die as a prophet, you will gain the ability to make one Wish, boon, blessing or curse that you can use or save till any time. I will only lightly question it and then send it out into the world.

The Gods may do other things/roles depending upon the whim of chaos.
Your general appearance as a god is assumed to be your avatar, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be the case and doesn’t really matter all too much.

PROPHETS
You are chosen by the Gods to carry their wishes into the world. You begin as a norma human, though you may ask for one blessing or boon upon your ascendency (which I will roll for). Your job is to compete with each other and carry out tasks which Chaos has assigned to you.

The winner will receive several “blessings” determines by the Gods, while the loser will immediately, uh, “expire”.

When posting your main action for a turn, keep a spoiler with your name, brief appearance and any mutations you have ready.

We shall begin with 3 prophets, decide on a starting mutation or blessing (can go for laser eyes or arms and armor, stuff like that) and your regular human appearance and name. Keep a spoiler with that saved to post with your actions (will be helpful keeping track of mutations.)

(Others will start on waitlist. When you die you will be added to bottom of waitlist, may keep same prophet ,with either all your mutations or none, or start with a new one)

Basically if you a prophet your goal is to try desperately to please the whimsical and mercurial gods who may or may not gift you fantastic powers or horrible deformities. When you are a god think of interesting and creative gifts you may bestow upon your followers and prophets!

The first Challenge:

Convert the most villagers of the town of Grigora to Chaos!

You all begin in the town square, a basic village with two taverns, a small manor and a small church sit above a small fishing bay. Larger setting is essentially generic idyllic fantasy kingdom. You will have a random amount of turns to accomplish this task.

Remember: Everything is made up and the points don’t matter!

The Previous Prophets of Chaos
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Chaos of Prophets
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 02:33:17 pm »

CURRENT PROPHETS:
Glass

King Zultan

WAITLIST:
Rahx
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:06:22 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 03:01:32 pm »

Any problems with me straight copy-pasting Jack over here again, but with a “silver tongue” mutation? (Both figurative and literal, because why wouldn’t it be?)

...actually, is there any expression for when someone is a very convincing writer? Or is it still a silver tongue?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 03:06:28 pm »

Nope no problem at all! Even if he dies in this game you can continually resurrect your favorite prophets.
 I like the mutation idea as well.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 03:22:39 pm »

Gonna nick one prophet and give them a hypnotic voice. Lets get a party going.

Just to be clear: convert people through the hypnotic voice.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 04:44:31 pm by Rahx »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 03:24:09 pm »

Nope no problem at all! Even if he dies in this game you can continually resurrect your favorite prophets.
Alright, thanks!

Jack had always been a revolutionary and an anarchist.

Not of the bomb-throwing variety, mind you, but of the intellectual bent. He'd already gotten one (fairly controversial) book published extolling the virtues of a society without kings, where all men are equal and rules are unnecessary to the common good.

He looked the sort, as well. Clean-shaven, pale in skin, maybe a bit on the short side - though, as an elf, that still put him at a few inches above the average human - and with a quill pen perpetually perched over his right ear. His left eye had been replaced with a mechanical replica, a memento of his younger years when he fancied himself a duelist; his chest bore a scar from a similar incident. The one thing about him that immediately and obviously set him apart from others was his silvered hair, which he had been born with.

Overall, he supposed it not unusual that the gods - or beings, or entities, or maybe simply aspects - of Chaos had chosen to approach him as their prophet.

They told him to recruit others to their cause. And they asked him what gift he may desire to this end.

His tongue was plated in silver, his fingers shone the same. His words flowed like fire and gold in speech and in print. Whoever could not be convinced to join him?

It was time to write some pamphlets.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 05:29:34 am »

I'd like to be a profit with Laser eyes mutation, so I can conquer the village with violence in the name of my god.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 11:13:06 am »

Turn 1

Lightning strikes the ground, three times in a rapid staccato. The market place stops and stares, shrieks splitting the air as a few faint in shock. The sky is bright blue, with nary a cloud in the sky. An old priest blanches. He knows the old stories that were told to him as a child, that such things were a sign of Chaos’ return.

Slowly the haze lifts from the ground the lightening struck.

Alright, thanks!

Jack had always been a revolutionary and an anarchist.

Not of the bomb-throwing variety, mind you, but of the intellectual bent. He'd already gotten one (fairly controversial) book published extolling the virtues of a society without kings, where all men are equal and rules are unnecessary to the common good.

He looked the sort, as well. Clean-shaven, pale in skin, maybe a bit on the short side - though, as an elf, that still put him at a few inches above the average human - and with a quill pen perpetually perched over his right ear. His left eye had been replaced with a mechanical replica, a memento of his younger years when he fancied himself a duelist; his chest bore a scar from a similar incident. The one thing about him that immediately and obviously set him apart from others was his silvered hair, which he had been born with.

Overall, he supposed it not unusual that the gods - or beings, or entities, or maybe simply aspects - of Chaos had chosen to approach him as their prophet.

They told him to recruit others to their cause. And they asked him what gift he may desire to this end.

His tongue was plated in silver, his fingers shone the same. His words flowed like fire and gold in speech and in print. Whoever could not be convinced to join him?

It was time to write some pamphlets.

Jack was revealed first. (2) His tongue and fingers were apparently dipped in silver paint that couldn’t be rubbed off. The crowd couldn’t look away however. His mechanical eye was also a hit with the crowd

Gonna nick one prophet and give them a hypnotic voice. Lets get a party going.

Just to be clear: convert people through the hypnotic voice.
The next revealed was the prophet of Rahx. He appeared perfectly normal, but his voice (1) literally puts people to sleep due to its incredibly hypnotizing nature.   

I'd like to be a profit with Laser eyes mutation, so I can conquer the village with violence in the name of my god.
The last prophet of King Zultan stood, his eyes (4) blazing red. They can shoot laser beams that can burn thru flesh in seconds, however metal and heavier materials can slow it’s cutting.

A crowd of about 53 stand before you, there are 147 people in the town able to be converted.
You have three rounds to gather the most worshipers of Chaos. The winner will recieve “gifts”, the loser will be eliminated (if there is no one on the waitlist you will be immediately resurrected though)

Glass’s prophet: 0/147
Rahx’s prophet: 0/147
King Zultan’s prophet: 0/147

You can ask me or any other player gods for a boon, artifact, or for divine intervention. I will often require some sort of sacrifice though. Others may be less demanding.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 11:57:36 am »

As I believe I stated, I want to go get some pamphlets written and distributed on the why anarchy and what is known to the populace as “Chaos” is, in fact, preferable to the rule of kings and clergy. Stress the freedom and equality, the implicit goodness of all races that is corrupted by power, etc. (Based on questions, not time for this right now. I can pursue this next turn and use the topics in the debate.)

If there is not time to do this, then as soon as the old priest starts trying to declaim against us, challenge him to a debate, where we shall argue the validity of our causes in a rational manner. Of course, if his gods and ways truly are the better, then he should have no troubles convincing the populace of this, yes? (At least, that’s how I’ll frame the challenge... ;))

(Additional note: making me as convincing as my literally silver tongue would imply would be rather nice. C2 was less than helpful with that.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:41:44 pm by Glass »

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 07:16:27 pm »

Grab or make a ritual knife, and begin gathering the least critical people out to a river (anyone that wont be missed), for a practice concert lets say. Sing to them, either as a group or individually.

Perhaps, though the successful process, the prophet may get a name for himself. The chaos gods are fickle after all.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2019, 01:31:48 am »

So anyone posting can do random chaos stuff ?

Gift Rax silver staff of warpfire - it shoots eerie stream of rainbow coloured flame 

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 03:13:38 am »

The priest is questioning my god, I must act quickly and LASER his face off, and the face of anyone else important looking, then tell the populace that if they don't bow down to my god I'll LASER their faces as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 03:42:11 am »

As a Voice of Chaos give...

Glass or rather the Jack the Prophet a mutation, that mutation being that he can alter his physiological self and disguise himself to look like another person however he can only shape-shift to look like the females of other humanoid species, he can choose if these disguises have the mechanical eye.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 08:02:47 am »

Whoever does the best next, I want them to be able to see people as they were meant to be. For the worse, they must see them as what they are:

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 01:21:01 pm »

Turn 2
(1st round of contest)

C2M’s Blessings:
(5)Jack’s mechanical eye gains the ability to see a persons inner desires and how best to manipulate them.
(4) A Ritual Knife for the Prophet of Rahx, scored with eldrich markings that it would cause sacrifices to bring more favor. It glows a terrible red.
(5) A Tyrant’s Crown. A gold crown with shards of obsidian. Those who fear you are more likely to obey you.
(Dang you got some good rolls here! I figured I would give my own blessings here to get you started, you won’t be getting these from me every turn :P)

The crowd stares with wide eyes as an old priest stumbles to the fore.
“Beware these villains, for they come to claim your souls!”

As a Voice of Chaos give...

Glass or rather the Jack the Prophet a mutation, that mutation being that he can alter his physiological self and disguise himself to look like another person however he can only shape-shift to look like the females of other humanoid species, he can choose if these disguises have the mechanical eye.
Before Jack can step forward, a purple beam from the heavens slams into him. (1) He can feel his flesh mutate slightly. You now know that you have the power to transform into a woman one time in agonizing slowness. Your eye also begins to feed you information as it whirls into motion.

As I believe I stated, I want to go get some pamphlets written and distributed on the why anarchy and what is known to the populace as “Chaos” is, in fact, preferable to the rule of kings and clergy. Stress the freedom and equality, the implicit goodness of all races that is corrupted by power, etc. (Based on questions, not time for this right now. I can pursue this next turn and use the topics in the debate.)

If there is not time to do this, then as soon as the old priest starts trying to declaim against us, challenge him to a debate, where we shall argue the validity of our causes in a rational manner. Of course, if his gods and ways truly are the better, then he should have no troubles convincing the populace of this, yes? (At least, that’s how I’ll frame the challenge... ;))

(Additional note: making me as convincing as my literally silver tongue would imply would be rather nice. C2 was less than helpful with that.)

Jack shakes his head clear and challenges the priest to a debate. (5) The old man is no match for you as you talk rings around him as he screams platitudes at you. The crowd is starting to get on your side. These prophets obviously have power, they think, maybe we should listen to them.

The priest is questioning my god, I must act quickly and LASER his face off, and the face of anyone else important looking, then tell the populace that if they don't bow down to my god I'll LASER their faces as well.

The Prophet of King Zultan has received his crown, glimmering on his head with an ancient malice. He notices the debate and is annoyed by the preacher screaming at his fellow prophet. (4) Laser beams shoot from your eyes and burn thru the preachers skull, dropping him to the ground.

(1) Jack panics, and flinches right into the path of the laser beams. Instead of burning him, they arc harmlessly around him. Those already convinced by his words drop to the ground before him for protection. (+13 converts. ) (Prophets may currently not harm each other or their converts.)

The rest scatter and flee, screaming at the sight of the old priest being killed before their eyes. The Prophet of King Zultan laughs before demanding they bow down before him or they will be lasered. (3) A few drop to their knees before you in panic, (+6 converts) but the rest of the 40 odd crowd flees into the streets, some heading for the small church and the rest heading towards the keep (about 20 to each).

Grab or make a ritual knife, and begin gathering the least critical people out to a river (anyone that wont be missed), for a practice concert lets say. Sing to them, either as a group or individually.

Perhaps, though the successful process, the prophet may get a name for himself. The chaos gods are fickle after all.

The Prophet of Rahx finds a knife in a market stall. His eyes were drawn to it, and it’s eldrich symbols swam before his eyes, demanding to be picked up and used. (6 oh damn) Without using your words you guide a terrified group of around 20 people to the edge of the river that feeds into the lake. There you sing them into slumber, and you ritually sacrifice them.

So anyone posting can do random chaos stuff ?

Gift Rax silver staff of warpfire - it shoots eerie stream of rainbow coloured flame 

With the sound of horses beating and the rumble of a chariot, a flash of a chaos God appears before you and deposits into your hands a most Terrible Staff. It is known as the Mutating Staff, but you can give it a different name.

The Silver Staff glows, as if lit by an ever color shifting flame. You grasp it and know that it possess power to mutate creatures and people into monsters. You point it and shoot out warp fire, and whoever it touches mutates and falls under your control. You can add or mutate one trait (Super strong, fast, armored skin are examples).

The sacrificed bodies’ eyes snap open with a baleful fire that matched that of the chariot.

(With Sacrifices and offerings, generally the god it was offered to can do something with what was given. In this case, I had Sprinkled Chariot usurp the offering to me and combined Rahx’s wish and Chariots staff.

So now, Chariot can do something with the 20 bodies, such turn them into zombies or perhaps giant monster. This is not creating another character to follow, think of it as creating something and giving it a general directive, and then I’ll control it from there. )

Rahx’s mutated monsters in the future will count as followers, however his 20 sacrifices do not since they are now Chariots creatures.

CONVERT RANKINGS
Glass: 13
Zultan: 6
Rahx: 0

Whoever does the best next, I want them to be able to see people as they were meant to be. For the worse, they must see them as what they are:

Jack eyes glow, and he sees the people gathered before them as what they could be, great scholars, artists, and warriors.

The Prophet of Rahx’s eyes glow, and all he sees are bodies to harvest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4