Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Chaos of Prophets  (Read 7310 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: A Chaos of Prophets
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2019, 03:17:43 pm »

I bless Jack with the power of expedited pamphlet creation and distribution.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2019, 05:37:51 pm »

The gods have noticed! But we are too few in number...

Spoiler: We need more (click to show/hide)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2019, 05:42:51 pm »

Gift jack a fancy cheese proof hat. Every time it functions there will be a funny noise and something silly will happen in his vicinity.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2019, 05:46:58 pm »

Whisper the secrets of CHOAS into the town's minds. Let them go mad and kill for the dark gods(that are us)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2019, 10:49:15 am »

Turn 4
(Final Challenge Round)

Now - finally - for pamphlets! The printing house cannot be terribly difficult to get to from here; I want to be printing pro-Chaos pamphlets ASAP! We shall have my converts aiding in production and distribution, with those who are most eloquent distributing at the locations of greatest traffic. They should also be going out now, to secure further conversion prior to the pamphlets being available (and they should have some of the stronger converts with them for protection).
I will be moving briskly to avoid further cheese-related head injuries, and see about acquiring an umbrella. Maybe one decorated with some silver chaos-related symbolism.

(5)
Jack and his followers quickly seize the printing press. It was an old thing, only used to slowly make sheets for the local church, but it is modified under the skilled hands of Jack’s followers to make pro chaos propaganda. The next CHEESEFALL, (ominous voice included), was greeted with cheers as Jack jumped out of the way. One convert hesitantly gave Jack an umbrella hat that he was inspired to make. The few printing press workers are quickly converted. Jack sends out advance teams to prepare and spread the word.  (+3 converts)
(1)
Unfortunately they are unable to find much of anyone, and get too distracted debating theology among themselves to do any serious recruiting. The pamphlets printed sit undistributed. (+2 converts).

Whisper the secrets of CHOAS into the town's minds. Let them go mad and kill for the dark gods(that are us)
The true secrets of choas can be a terrible thing to bare. Some go mad and run through the streets, attacking anyone the run across. Others barricade themselves inside their home.

I have picked the best path, THE PATH OF VIOLENCE!
Have all of my converts take up arms and aid me in treating people with death so they join my cause, then see if I can use my followers at one with nature thing to get some animals to join me as well.
(1)
The Prophet of King Zultan storms the town his followers, running through the streets proclaiming the strength of chaos. However, the streets and town is nearly empty and they find no one. The followers of the two prophets brawl in the streets, each championing their prophet. (+6 converts)
(1)
The few followers that the Prophet of King Zultan sent into the woods somehow “merged” with the trees.

The gods have noticed! But we are too few in number...

Spoiler: We need more (click to show/hide)
(2 Holy shit these rolls are bad)
The Prophet of Rahx speeds his chariot home, tearing up dirt on his path. With a flash of light and loud caw, a loud rooster appears next to him, and is quickly left behind by the chariot. Distant calls to praise chaos follow behind him. He reaches the outskirts of the village and has time to convince a few old fishmongers to join him. (+4 converts).

CONVERT RANKINGS
Glass: 44
King Zultan: 48
Rahx: 6

A loud gong resounds and ripples through the village, sending up a cloud of dust and debris.

A voice from the skies, “The Prophet of Zultan has proven himself worthy! Choose a Boon for yourself, and the Gods of Chaos will vote for another boon to grant you!”

The Prophet of Rahx was raised into the sky, “You have done well, but your service has ended.”

There was a crack in the air; and to mortal eyes the prophet simply disappeared. Minutes passed with no further words, the crowds began to shift anxiously and quiet murmuring broke out.

The Prophet accelerated faster and faster until his insides were liquified and only held together by chaotic power, directly into the moon. As he collided with its rocky surface, his body was transformed into pure energy.

From the ground the world gasped as the moon shattered in half. Thousands of fragments spread across the sky.

Chaos had come.

Send visions with orders to join Rahx in crusade against civilization  to shamans and leaders of wild northern chaos worshipping barbarian tribes

Across hundreds of tribes in the north, memories resurface. Ancient promises, of glory and conquest with the breaking of the moon. Of a prophet who would appear to lead them.
And the moon was broken, and the horns sounded as the barbarians marched to war.

King Zultan won this challenge, and can pick a boon to recieve. The Chaos gods will also choose a blessing to give the prophet (if no clear winner will be chosen randomly from options).

Rahx, good run! will be added to top of waitlist. Other prophets may also apply and join next turn.

Prophets may consider this a free round before next challenge.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2019, 11:05:20 am »

Imic shall grant King Zultan the Boon of REALLY FANCY TROUSERS! Whoever should look at them will become awed by the REALLY FANCY TROUSERS! And feel compelled to serve Zultan... and his REALLY FANCY TROUSERS!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2019, 11:18:44 am »

Oh well.
Organize some more effective spreading of the pamphlets, and take a number myself to distribute at one of the most heavily-trafficked locations.
Also preach, because it’s useful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2019, 02:34:47 pm »

Grant Zultan fancy screaming/cursing/unholy fire spewing chariot made from 26 merged people  previously belonging to rahx

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2019, 04:12:47 pm »

The Imperator votes on the boon of MUTATION. We shall infuse Zultan with our chaotic power and change some things about him. No, we're not going to be specific about it. That's for order pansies. No, we'll spin the wheel and see what he gets. 'Cause that's MUTATION!
Oh, also turn some moonchuncks into divine drugs. A little treat for the mortals. Don't forget the whispers of darkness too!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2019, 10:04:56 pm »

Oh hello... a nameless chaos just bubbling up.

Next turn if any prophets want a horrible rotting disease to afflict them just ask and you will receive it.  It is totally contagious and will cause puss filled blisters and will only hurt a bit (this is a lie it is very painful) before you lose all sense of pain and turn into some kind of self-aware zombie.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2019, 10:54:18 pm »

How about a completely unserious new prophet?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2019, 07:30:03 am »

Give Zultan a winged ferret-donkey with the voice of Ellen Mclain which sarcastically congratulates him whenever he hurts people.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2019, 09:02:14 am »

If I read the update right I have to makeup some form of boon to give myself so I Choose a magical talking zebra that'll help me do stuff, as I feel a talking animal companion is incredibly important and I need as many of them as I can get.
If it turns out I read it wrong and I have to chose from one of the ones provided by the others, than I want Egan's for the same reason as above.

"Woo I won!"
See if the people that merged with trees can still move around, then gather more people into my group using VIOLENCE!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2020, 09:17:00 am »

Invent Double-Entry Bookeeping, to usher in a new age of greed

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2020, 10:57:46 am »

(Is it too late to join? If so, ignore my post)
Spoiler: ignore if too late (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]