Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack Artifact Creation  (Read 1913 times)

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
DFHack Artifact Creation
« on: December 18, 2019, 04:17:35 pm »

Is there a DFHack script to force an item to become an artifact/create an artifact from scratch, for use from a workshop? I've found this https://gist.github.com/Putnam3145/2d1609e935f91f2e50371c9787914b6b and tried to use it from the DFHack command line - but it hasn't been updated in a while so I think it stopped working (me being too stupid to get it to work is also a very distinct possibility). That script also just generates an artifact in the world, rather than creating one on-site. I would like to, for example, create an artifact steel sword or any other arbitrary combination of materials/items and have it appear on-site in fort mode.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack Artifact Creation
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 09:41:19 pm »

I don't know about directly creating artifacts from scratch, but there's a plugin for triggering a strange mood (and optionally specifying the type, the skill, and the Dwarf) which will eventually result in the creation of an artifact. Unfortunately, the exact type of item will still be random, unless you pick a dwarf/skill combination that can force a specific item type via personality preferences.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 09:45:39 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Artifact Creation
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 06:45:22 am »

First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone (late I know).

There is the create-item script that creates any type of item at the feet of any selected dwarf. Does this solution fit you?