Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to check who is sieging me?  (Read 826 times)

Lurdiak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to check who is sieging me?
« on: December 19, 2019, 09:52:23 am »

So my fortress was sieged by a large contingent of dwarves, all of whom had goblin-sounding surnames and which were announced by a "vile force of darkness" siege message. I understand how worldgen, child-snatching and all that can create situations like this, much to my dismay (dwarves are definitely tougher to kill than goblins), but I find myself wondering exactly which dwarf-inhabited goblin pit this all-dwarf squadron came from. How can I check which civilization and government they belong to? Is it possible at all to check this for a creature that isn't a citizen of your fort?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: How to check who is sieging me?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 10:19:36 am »

There's no generic way to check the civ of a creature that isn't part of your fort, but in the case of sieges you can check their equipment. Breastplates in particular will be decorated with the symbol of the army's civ. (Soldiers in adventure mode also have this going on)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 10:30:23 am »

In game you can see in the civ tab ( c-c) you can see the civs that you have established contact with and see with which you are in peace/war. For more info on which specific site send that siege you'll have to look into the Legends.

The in game way (Legends mode) requires that you don't have an active fort in that world so make a copy of your save and on that copy, retire your fort, go into the legends mode and look up your fort. Alternatively once inside Legends Mode you can export the world's history and use a 3rd party tool like Legend Viewer to look up the info you want.

DFHack can open Legends Mode even within Fortress Mode but it's not recommended.

There's no generic way to check the civ of a creature that isn't part of your fort, but in the case of sieges you can check their equipment. Breastplates in particular will be decorated with the symbol of the army's civ. (Soldiers in adventure mode also have this going on)

Really? I had no idea.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 11:12:08 am »

Yes, and if you retire a fort, start an adventurer in the same fort, the sheriff/captain of the guard of that fort will also have obtained a decorated breastplate with the civ's symbol. Which will still be there when you unretire the fort.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 05:40:41 pm »

*deleted*