Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dear Armok; May us Dwaves have Pools of Blood?  (Read 1279 times)

Umbra Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dear Armok; May us Dwaves have Pools of Blood?
« on: December 22, 2019, 11:49:56 am »

-I looked around on the forums briefly and did not see this suggested; if it has, I apologize-

Nearly a year ago I created a fortress with the simple and humble goal of creating a pit of blood for the glory of our dear lord, Armok. After creating a narrow bridge over a hole several hundred feet where the bottom was jagged spears and broken bones from those that have fallen to spill any future invaders bloods who dared enter my fortress, I found that other than merely dirtying the stone below with nothing but a spilling of their blood, it never pooled like it would water. This made my little dwarf heart sad.

I prayed to Armor, "Armok! Why hath though not leteth me spill the blood of the non believers to create a pool? You are the god of blood, nay"? I then was struck with a fey mood shortly after and only recently completed my task and am now onto this one; suggesting that with enough blood on the surfaces, they can slowly but surely pool.

Lets be honest, we have all wanted to have a pool of blood. They are soooo useful. It serves as a great warning, you can place creatures in it (person favorite would be giant ticks), and I am quite sure they would make great areas for dwarves to hold parties. Plus, you can spot a thirsty vampire in no time with one.

We could all use a pool of blood in our lives and fortresses. Come to think of it, can we make pools of booze? I want to drown my nobles in it. I may be doing an experiment right after this thread to find that out. Then I will see if children can be made even if the parents don't have direct contact with one another.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Armok; May us Dwaves have Pools of Blood?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 01:52:09 pm »

Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer would be able to be supported as a map flow at a given time.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Umbra Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 01:59:51 pm »

Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer would be able to be supported as a map flow at a given time.

Ah, I see it has been suggested after all.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 12:15:20 pm »

In the meantime, you can always fill a small pit with water, then shred things into it. Liquid base, blood-red color.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:17:18 am »

In the meantime, you can always fill a small pit with water, then shred things into it. Liquid base, blood-red color.

Two thin coats?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 04:34:59 pm »

Likewise, could we create the equivalent of aquifers for other fluids (pettroleum, gas)?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 12:37:56 pm »

Likewise, could we create the equivalent of aquifers for other fluids (pettroleum, gas)?
Maybe "sand aquifers" on desert biome embark site edges?