Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Conquest - Super Effective History  (Read 11982 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Conquest - Super Effective History
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 07:20:43 pm »

These first three conquests are basically tutorial still - they do get a bit tougher later on, but the fight gimmicks are where the real enjoyment lies. Greenleaf has a cool victory condition.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 11:50:12 pm »

Greenleaf has a cool victory condition.

Cut down all trees? :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 02:24:20 am »

I wish there were more "salt fields so no Pokemon will grow" objectives...

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 09:25:57 pm »

Part 3: Greenleaf

Music: Grass This track is weirdly mild.

Let's get a closer look at Greenleaf before we go about burning it to cinders.

Motonari is cool. He's got one of my favorite Warrior abilities in the game (although, I don't think he uses it in the battle), and a Snivy. Snivy was the Gen 5 Grass starter. All of the starter Pokemon have the same ability - attack up when at low health. Our Charmander and Tepig have the same, called 'Blaze' for Fire types. He also has this item, Emerald Grace. It's like 3 potions as long as you're on grass tiles. Most of the game is on grass tiles, so these are pretty good. Anyway, let's get to killin'.

: That means our Fire-types should shine! Water-types will be in for a long, hard battle, though...
((The game will give you this basic advice for every battle for a while.))

This is my favorite part of the game. It feels the most like being an actual warlord, or playing a real tactics game. You can see golden lines in between these kingdoms - those are roads. There must be a direct road to call people in from other castles. Here, they're all adjacent, but soon we'll have castles which don't directly lead into other castles.

It also sends the message too early, then plays an animation of your warband descending on Greenleaf. Oh, never change, Pokemon Conquest.

: I've heard a lot about you... But I didn't expect you to be this young. I suppose you need a bit of youthful energy in this rough old world. Maybe it's time for my generation to call it a day...
((Motonari might be the only character in this game that I don't instantly hate.))

((Motoharu on the other hand...))

: I suppose I'd better do what's expected of me...

So this is pretty cool. There are three banners which you have to claim. This fight is probably the first one you'll lose while playing this game solely for that reason. The enemies have a positional advantage and will almost definitely grab two of the banners before you do. They'll camp out on them, and send their two other units toward whatever banner you've claimed. The AI is smart enough to grab the banner instead of fight you - so a likely situation is that you move to attack the enemy, and then they just move to claim the banner and win the fight.

: What do you think it takes to win battles, Lord Pitiwu? You're thinking...strength, right? But strength alone is not enough. Do you understand what I'm saying? Doing battle is not just about defeating your enemies.
((Little does Motonari know, the best strategy here is to use overwhelming violence.))

The game explains the banner mechanic for you. It'll come up a couple more times in the game - but not exactly like this. Let's look at the map, since it kind of has a lot of mechanics.

If I wasn't so lazy, I could have cropped these all together into one image, but eh...c'est la vie. These are the three banners and the main battle-field. The pink tree is just a tree, but the flowers are called "strange flower" and they will throw you a few tiles away - usually far enough away for the enemy to move onto your banner. Punishing curiosity is good game design.

The patches of grass will teleport you to the patch of the same color. This one doesn't have a match, and if you get curious and try - it punishes you by sending you to the bottom corner of the map - the furthest point from any banners.

Motonari's squad start up top. You'll notice that they're right next to a teleport grass which leads them easily toward the top right banner. Snivy and the green monkey "Pansage" have Vine Whip - which attacks the 3 squares in front of them horizontally. It's a good crowd control move. Those two bugs are Sewaddles - like Caterpies. They are bug/grass type, meaning they're double weak to Fire. They'll be gone soon.

We start pretty close to a banner and near some teleporting grass too. Alright, let's get started!

Tepig's the only one who can reach the grass, so it'll make a run for the left-most banner.

Jigglypuff and Darumaka rush B. Charmander and Eevee move toward the top right banner.

Oh right. Every turn this bridge grows and the next turn it shrinks again. There's not much reason for us to go up there, so it's basically only used by the AI. I told you there was a lot going on in this map.

The game makes sure your child-brain understands the recommended tactic of this fight.

The enemy in this map will claim two of the banners immediately. I use this to our benefit, since they will stay on the banner to ensure its capture. That means they effectively put two of their fighters out of the battle. We have no abilities or moves which can move enemy Pokemon, so there is no actual way to win this fight without using Strength to mutilate the opposition.

Bad screenshot, but you get the point. Jigglypuff will do the same - she has the most health and has a healing ability, so she'll just park herself there and do nothing. This ensures we can't instantly lose. Also of note, all the Fire Pokemons' attacks require them to be one square away. Jigglypuff and Eevee can attack adjacent enemies. If, say Charmander, were in this position - he wouldn't be able to defend himself because if he moved off the banner, the enemy would claim it and we'd lose. It's actually a pretty clever fight. The game also tells us you'll regain health if you stand on a claimed banner.

Oh, and here's the final gimmick. Pitfall traps - these are not 100% random, but I believe they change slightly every time. They cancel your attack for that round, and you lose the next round. Enemy AI seem to know where they are, as they don't fall in them. This is what makes the banners so easy to lose - you might move to attack, then fall in a pit and be fucked for an extra round. Also, these show up in other fights later in the game, but never so annoyingly as this fight. As you can see, Sewaddle claimed that banner.

Takakage's Sewaddle is a real tank. It has the ability Grass Cloak - upping defense when standing on grass. Sewaddle's attack is Bug Bite. In the main games, that'll eat a berry off the enemy Pokemon, but in this game, it'll use the Warrior's item on itself. It takes a couple rounds to kill this Sewaddle, but Eevee and Charmander get it done. Snivy has claimed the banner in the back there.

Read: He who knows where the pitfall traps are shall not be defeated!

Pansage hopped on the grass and is getting pretty close to my banner. Eevee finishes Sewaddle and celebrates by going down to fight Pansage. Charmander follows.

Expected damage numbers are not absolute. There's a standard deviation of about 2 in either direction. We don't get lucky on the RNG here. I keep Jigglypuff parked on the banner - it's tempting, but Jigglypuff misses a lot and there are pitfalls. If things went bad, I'd have to restart the whole fight.

Darumaka is basically a grenade.

Two banners down. Since we've cleared this half of the map, these two can move toward the center and help out with the fight. If, somehow, they come and claim this one, Jigglypuff's banner should be safe.

Fuck. Don't worry - this is the next round, so Eevee and Charmander take care of it.

Fuck.

: Hey, by the way, I read that there's some faraway world where people put Pokemon into these little balls and carry them around! Pretty strange, no? Now where did I read that...? I guess the peaceful days where I can just focus on my Pokemon research are still a long way away...
((The implications... Nobunaga exists in the same world as Professor Oak.))

Fuck

It's just down to Snivy at this point, so it's not a big deal. He's glued to his banner. We got lucky that we only started falling into these after the fight was half-way over. If this happens at the beginning, you can easily lose.

FUCK

Rikyu, throw a solution at this problem.

He says, looking down at our Pokemon, who are all in holes.

The fight doesn't end there - you still have to claim all the banners. You know what that means, boys.

Loot the place.

The same recruitment rules apply to boss fights - although the leader will not be recruitable in that fight. Since we knocked out those two with fire damage, they're on the team now. We'll need a couple Grass types for the next fight. Motonari is not recruitable at all, I think - but later Warlords will be.

Motoharu: "Lord Motonari..." (I'm not getting a screenshot for two fucking words.)
: Surely now I can be left in peace? You are a more worthy Warlord for Greenleaf than I, Pitiwu. I ask only that you take good care of my beloved kingdom.
((Rikyu kicks over a potted plant and hurls Darumaka into some dry leaves, instantly starting a grass fire.))

This is a weird use of the word "obliged". Since we have 5 warriors in Greenleaf, but recruited 2, we have to shuffle them off to another territory. They get sent off to Aurora to work in the Pokemon fields.

The game prompts you to save and moves to the next month. We will need to bring Eevee and Jigglypuff to Fontaine. Sewaddle's attack is bug-type, but his Grass typing makes him pretty defensive against Water Pokemon. There's really only one recruit that I'm looking for.

We can see that there are some Warriors available in Greenleaf. Let's hope the one I want is there. I send Eevee and Jigglypuff back to Ignis.

Hell yeah. That handsome chap with the blue bandana is Takeyoshi, and his Pokemon is great. With him, we'll be ready to go to Fontaine. Get in there, Rikyu.

Carnivine's Vine Whip hits three squares, he has great attack, Takeyoshi's ability ensures a hit on the next turn, and for some reason, Carnivine fucking flies. That increased mobility is a game changer in the next fight, plus he's the right type for it. Those other Pokemon are Cottonee - who have Absorb, which is fine. I'll probably take this old lady with us too.

No one can stand up to Darumaka's insane damage output. Ekei's Warrior Ability is Convalesce - which heals for three turns and heals adjacent allies too. It's pretty good, but Cottonee kind of sucks.

We take all three just for the next fight - that puts us up to 5 Grass types already. So we're ready for Fontaine! Oh, but we have to use up everyone else's turns first...

For maximum gains, I send each of these Warriors in alone. You have to control these fights, which slows down the game a lot - but hey, it's not that bad so far.

Let's check out the shop, since we haven't done that yet. Each Warrior has an array of stats - Strength, Wisdom, and Charisma. Higher Charisma gets you a better deal in the shop. It is fucking laughable that Pitiwu has that high of a Charisma. Motherfucker can't even speak!

No thanks, I can do that. Different items will be available depending on the story and the level of the shop. Right now, they all basically have the same stuff - none of which is useful to us. The most useful is probably this item here.

I might slap one of these on Jigglypuff since I've been kind of neglecting Oichi. Sewaddles show up pretty regularly now, though, so there's always a risk of losing it to a Bug Bite. When you leave the shop, you get a small boost to Link. It's less than 1%, and I think it's the same if you join a battle but do no damage. Anyway, we're all trained up, everyone did some fighting or shopping, and we already have 5 Grass types.

Let's boil Fontaine.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 05:01:08 am »

I've only ever played Yellow and was wondering does type advantage make any difference in the newer games as i didn't seam to matter in Yellow.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 05:43:37 am »

Still the same in that Fire against Water is 1/2 damage but Water against Fire is 2x damage. There are a few more types now and several types have straight up immunities.

In this game, it's important. In the main games, you can just grind to oblivion and then it doesn't matter any more. This game, you probably could, but the returns would be very very slow.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2020, 08:43:45 am »

Part 4: Fontaine

Music: Water Battle, sounds like a Japanese-themed Dungeon from Chrono-trigger, right?

So here's Fontaine. Looking pretty and pristine. Be a shame if someone conquested it. Let's look inside.

This hunk of emo meat is named Motochika. Besides being garishly over-designed, he has a great ability and Oshawott, the Water Starter from Gen 5. We've already seen this attack - Water Gun. We'll be bringing some Grass-types to resist the damage.

: Fire-type Pokemon might find it hard... But Grass-type and Electric-type Pokemon should be real useful!
((Note, it's impossible to have Electric type Pokemon at this point. Like I said, they give this same warning before each fight, in case you don't know the type advantages. I complain about it, but this is a pretty good feature, honestly. You can still back out of the fight at this point.))

We take from Ignis: Pitiwu and Oichi, then from Aurora: Ekei (old lady), Takeyoshi (blue bandana), and two others who I don't give a shit about.

Oh, Takeyoshi. You're about to be so much more right than you thought.

: So you are Pitiwu...? I'd heard that Aurora had a new Warlord... But I always thought that we would meet on the battlefield in Aurora, not here. Well, never mind. A battle is a battle, no matter where it takes place.
((This is the most coherent Motochika gets. His dialogue after this seems to be either overly dramatic, or poorly translated. My money is on both.))

Your honor. Exhibit A.

Wait, the water or the spirit...?

As I'm sure you, the reader, are also completely fucking dumbfounded by what is happening - let me illuminate it for you. Those switches open the water gates. You can't walk across water. Got it?

: Defeat is only a matter of time unless you do something.

I really dislike Fontaine. This is the premise: they aren't going to fight you. You have to get to them, and so you'll eventually lose because the clock will run out. This is a dumb premise and very poorly implemented. Also, the game forgets it instantly and tells you the failure condition is defeat:

OH RIGHT, WE'RE UNDER LOTS OF TIME PRESSURE. This is laughably long for Motochika's strategy. Honestly, I think 5 turns would have made more sense and would be feasibly failable.

So here's the battlefield. Pretty simple, honestly. The buttons will immediately open/close the gate they are next to, stopping or allowing the flow of water. Anyone in the riverbed when the water flows takes a tiny amount of damage and is placed back on dry land, usually on the side away from the enemy. Motochika's team is his Oshawott, a Piplup (Gen 4 starter), a Panpour (third monkey in the Pan-monkey gimmick thing) and a Wooper. Surprisingly, Wooper is the most valuable of all of these - he is Water+Ground typing, making him immune to our next enemies.

When I looked at this, I knew there was something about it I didn't like, but I couldn't remember what.

Let's get started - with Top Speed we can close the lower gate, opening the left half of this map for our Pansage and Jigglypuff team.

Sewaddle is a bit slow and I decided I didn't want him here as soon as I started the fight. So I put him to work collecting potions from these trees.

Oh right. That's why. Standing next to this fountain does a tiny bit of damage to you. Why? Game design. That's why. Cottonee and Carnivine move up near Eevee. Pansage takes the water damage because it's nothing but annoying.

: It's a wave... A crushing black wave... But it will not sweep me away. I will continue to fight, continue to cry out...
((What the fuck is this guy talking about?))

In some sort of Galaxy Brain scheme, Panpour opens the way for the rest of the team without me doing any work. I think the AI is broken.

Subplot, I guess this is Morichika's first battle. He um...doesn't do well.

Eevee is the first through the trenches into the fray. On the second turn, it's still too far away to hit anybody. Pitiwu craves blood. I put Carnivine in the trench, trying to bait them to press the button again, but they don't. Carnivine flies, so the water doesn't do anything to him.

Good job, Sewaddle.

What you're seeing here is Piplup hitting Eevee and Cottonee with a Water Gun. It does almost no damage. These Water Pokemon are extremely weak.

It's time.

Carnivine's flight gives him insane mobility. He just floats over the enemies to get into a good position and then...

Immediately kills two opponents.

Cottonee is no slouch either. Keep in mind, Wooper's Ground+Water Typing makes him double weak to Grass.

Good job, Sewaddle.

Since this fight was over before it began, let's talk about the ability Melee. It's a cool one - the Pokemon who has it, does a little damage whenever a Pokemon next to them is attacked by an ally. Good positioning and some long-range attacks can bait out a lot of extra damage this way. The Pan-monkeys are likely to have this ability (our Pansage does, and this Panpour does), but also Zubat and Cottonee have it.

Carnivine teleports behind you. "Nothing personal kid."

We get some unlucky RNG, Carnivine doesn't one-hit Panpour, and Cottonee's Melee does minimum damage.

Eevee cleans up the last of the army.

Oh, we get to recruit Nobuchika because this was still only 3 rounds in. We won this entire fight so fucking fast.

I think these are the first words from Pitiwu in two updates.

Thanks to our speed and type advantage, we can recruit the whole team. Motochika fucks off somewhere.

: But even though my castle is lost, my Pokemon will never leave me. Together, we will continue to resist the tides of fate.
((Is he like this because the tragedy of his family after his death? That doesn't make sense - he lived in the golden era of his clan.))

Anyway, we shuffle the new soggy recruits to Ignis to dry off. Wooper is all we were here for.

Chikamasa has a good ability. The other two were underwhelming and won't appear in this LP except for Morichika's Wooper to be there in the next fight.

((Listen. I'm trying, okay? I know I'm not good at this screenshot stuff.))
: ... You've heard the stories too, haven't you, Lord Pitiwu? The legendary Pokemon who is said to appear before the one who conquers all the kingdoms... The truth is that...right now... Ransei is on the brink of destruction...
((Again, Oichi is the only person who has told us this story so far. We get another cut scene like last time, it's not clear if Oichi is saying this. Maybe we're hearing it from God-mon.))

A certain Warlord had set out on the road to conquest.

His stated aim was to conquer all of the kingdoms and destroy Ransei.
: If Nobunaga is trying to destroy Ransei,he probably wants to use the power of the legendary Pokemon to do so. So... I think we should find this legendary Pokemon before Nobunaga does! That way, we can save Ransei!
...Luckily, Nobunaga's reach doesn't extend this far south yet.
Pugilis, Violight, and Chrysalia are the three kingdoms closest to us. Each of their Warlords is famed far and wide for their courage and strength. If we could get them to join us, our army would be truly formidable...

((We just bodily stomped Fontaine. I don't see what the big deal about Nobunaga is. He's exactly like us - killing his way to God.))

We now get access to see Pugilis, Violight, and Chrysalia on our map, but we've run into the increasingly annoying task of exhausting all the Warriors we have before moving to the next month. Uh, Rikyu, throw some solving at that problem for me.

Thanks bud.

Here are our three new targets - Electric, Bug, and Fighting types respectively. Before we can consider that, Oichi tells us what to think.

: Pugilis, especially, is full of Fighting-type Pokemon. They might be too strong for Normal-type Pokemon like Eevee and Jigglypuff... And I have a feeling these Warlords might try invading our kingdoms, too... If we don't station Warriors to defend our castles, we could be in trouble... Just be careful, alright?
((So we've revealed a new mechanic: enemy Warlords will invade you. Personally, I've never seen this happen more than once. I play this game pretty fast, but if you mill about training everyone up, you'll get Pugilis or Violight messing with your holdings. That's pretty neat. You have to fight them on the battleground of that Kingdom, if I remember right. Chrysalia is a non-threat, so I might bait an invasion out from them so we can see it.))

Looking at Strength levels of the opponents, it's clear which way we're supposed to do this. There's really no benefit of not doing it in that way. You can pick up a Ralts from Chrysalia, giving you type advantage in Pugilis, but it's not essential. We can do this however we want. Violight can be trivialized by a Wooper, since it's immune to anything they can do, except for the dumbfounding bird and Panpour they have for some reason.

Note the golden background on the Violight guys - that one actually has two Warlords. Now that Oichi has mentioned that they might join us, these guys become recruitable. Usually you don't get them from the boss fight, but they'll show up in their Pokemon fields eventually.

Next time: Violight or Pugilis? What do you prefer to see first?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2020, 06:21:41 am »

I say we go after the electric ones first.

Also why are just now seeing bug types, I always thought they were low level crap so I figured they'd be the first thing we'd fight.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2020, 10:54:47 am »

Not really sure why Sewaddle gets sprinkled in so much... I guess to steal items off you with Bug Bite. As for the Bug castle...no clue. Hell, the main guy's Pokemon is Grass there. Basically every type gets its time to shine in here somewhere. With 17 Kingdoms, and 17 Pokemon types, it's inevitable.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 08:54:16 am »

I'll get back to this - I've been digging joyously into Morrowind for the past week, basking in delicious modded nostalgia. That was the result of this LP, though.

I got Nobunaga's Ambition - Spheres of Influence and played the hell out of it for three days.

That lead to redownloading all the CK2 DLC and modding it until I was playing as an Argonian in control of the Summerset Isles.

Which inevitably led to Morrowind.

Anyway, Nobunaga's Ambition is much better than I had thought based on my early experience. It has simple city-building sim elements, a simple Total War style combat, and simple diplomacy, favors, and requests like CK2 - making a pretty damn good balance between all of them.

Here's an run through of the game as I experienced it. I'll grab screenshots offline as I didn't make any of my own just to convey the points I mean.
I started at the lowest rank possible - a retainer substitute. Pleasantly, you have unique artwork for all 2000+ characters, including a few female officers. I chose a dude from around where I used to live - a sort of scruffly looking samurai loosely based on a historical picture somewhere, I expect.

At retainer rank, the map of Japan is pretty useless to you, instead, the game focuses in on a map of the castle town you are managing. It's resource balancing as certain things do better next to certain other things (for example, markets should be by roads but also near entertainment. Rice paddies should be near water but also temples). You can only do so much work per month, so there's a preparation and execution stage. Basically, it's just building in this part of the game. Occasionally your lord will call you in to join a fight somewhere far away, which happens instantly.

This game has missions and goals. So as a retainer of a daimyo, there's a goal all of the lesser lords are working on in the form of missions. Perhaps the goal is "Take Kishiwada Castle", and the missions will be "send 1500 gold to the daimyo", "gather 1800 troops", or "raid Hideyoshi's forces at Osaka castle" if you can do them, they happen instantly. Combats that fail leave the quest open to be finished by yourself or the AI retainers of your level, who will just sort of randomly pick up quests and finish them after a couple months. Your effort on these quests reward you with honor, which eventually pushes you up in the ranks, to different game modes.
Chamberlain, for example just manage a castle - viewed from the world map, they have less direct control but more streamlined simplified versions of resource management. Missions at this rank tend to be more military focused.
When you own a castle and army of your own, you get retainers to do jobs for you (with skills similar to Pokemon Conquest). Anything from convincing foreign retainers to defect to overseeing road construction. Diplomacy gets bigger here, and your daimyo can give you extra castles or retainers if you have the honor to trade for it, and if they're available.

Each level of play has similar elements, but higher up the game is more military focused, as that's the only way to gain land.
When you're in charge of a clan's military effort, the quests disappear because you're in charge. The AI will join up if you start attacking castles. If you defect or start your own clan, the same is true. I didn't unify Japan at any point, but I imagine that's the goal.

Combat is underwhelming, to be honest. It is directly between CK2 and Total War - as CK2 has a terrible system and Total Wars combat is great and basically the whole game. In this, you have direct control over one unit (made up of 4 parts which can only be of 4 types - cavalry, infantry, gunner, archer). Each unit can have up to 3 officers in charge (you and two of your subordinates) which give buffs and debuffs on a timer to activate as you please. Positioning, timing, and reactions are important, which is pretty fun. Castle sieges are snappy enough, but you can usually feel if it will be successful or not within the first few seconds. Ally AI is fine, but won't come around and flank enemies as you would want them to, sometimes even waiting for you to get killed off before heading in to fight... Numbers win the day, it seems - as I just swarmed enemies and stomped my way all over Shikoku when I played with the Chosokabe.

Similar to CK2 there are a few different time periods to play in, but these are all a bit closer together - around 1550 to 1610 across the whole spread. Historically, this chaotic time did have enough difference to make this engaging.

The game is serious, with a larger than life attitude toward history. There's very little dark and gritty, but occasionally it does come up. I don't know how succession works as the game goes month by month, my character didn't get old enough to die. I did get married, though, but didn't have any kids, at least that I noticed...

There are story missions as well, but I didn't get drawn into them enough as many of the main characters of those are also the main characters of Conquest. There's a bunch of extra features like making your own officer, changing all the main characters into cats (from a Japan only Nobunaga no yabou release). Overall, I recommend it if you can pick it up on sale or play it used on PS4 (maybe PS3 too, I forget) if you get the chance. It's a cool game.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 02:16:23 pm »

I'm pretty sure we're Tokugawa. Nobunaga is in the game as the final boss. Again, weird decision said don't mention him in the game until about 1/3 through it - even though it's in the Japanese title ("Pocket Monster + Nobunaga no yabou")

I'm rather fond of this game, to be honest.  It's definitely light fare, but fun.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 02:24:27 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 [2]