Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are some good Role-playing ideas.  (Read 1845 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
What are some good Role-playing ideas.
« on: December 22, 2019, 06:03:54 pm »

I really want to know any good RP ideas. Currently roleplaying as a human vampire who woke up naked in a world where all civilization had fallen a 1000 and all that is left are the ruins of massive towns.Her quest is to find out who she was, all in while  finding the 12 dragons that had brought the world to an end and killing them.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What are some good Role-playing ideas.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:15:18 am »

take over a player fort and become a military commander(bonus points if you kick everyone out but your adventurer), proceed to recruit selected groups of people in means of populating your fort with battle harden folks across the world, use artifacts you made to win them over to joining your fort as a military-dwarf.

bonus RP idea, locate bandit groups and recruit the members there so you can send them out to take over their former bandit camp.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:55:12 am »

Find a world with a human or elf civ taking a beating (from goblins generally) and a relatively well-off dwarf civ. Make a fortress in the dwarf civ. Preferably some distance from the other civ.

Now start your Adventure as a big animal person (elephant, rhino, etc) from the civ which is taking a battering. Then you've got a multiple part adventure to enjoy to save your adopted family.

First things first, a journey to visit the dwarves to win yourself a suit of steel (or better armour). The only armoured animal person in the land. Gobbos won't know what hit them.

You'll need to build your reputation as a fighter as you travel. When you arrive at the fort you made earlier, request they make you a suit of elephant-man armour. But, cunning dorfs aren't going to give up their secrets that easily. 5 years military service in exchange for a full suit of steel (with hints of something possibly better). They'll only take you on in the militia if your reputation is good enough by that point, so you'll probably need to sort out some of their troubles.

Fortress mode for 5 years. If your adventurer survives he'll be a hardened warrior (possibly insane from stress, um..Dfhack that out...).

Finally you've got your candy suit, a big steel/platinum maul and you're ready to go home and save your friends (if there's anyone left, and so much the better story if they're all dead).

(Might require removing [MEANDERER] tag from your animal person of choice, or he'll be fairly useless in fortress mode).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 03:57:34 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 08:43:24 am »

They'll only take you on in the militia if your reputation is good enough by that point, so you'll probably need to sort out some of their troubles..

or you bribe them with artifacts *cough* *cough*
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:28:47 pm »

They'll only take you on in the militia if your reputation is good enough by that point, so you'll probably need to sort out some of their troubles..

or you bribe them with artifacts *cough* *cough*
Oh really? Cool!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 01:54:21 pm »

yeah most of the stuff I done was the result of naming some items I picked up and giving it to them, they instantly be ecstatic and basically lets you do anything that isn't 'relive them of their noble position.' being known as a treasure hunter seems to be alot more favorable than being known as a murder for hire. like the current end game adventure mode is currently for me is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"body swapping and YOU!"

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 12:51:23 am »

I find something quite fun to do. Body swapping NPC, more particularly, Slaves. I am about to play as an orc slave (after I am done with my martial art elf who is training to fight the strongest fighters from my world to become the legendary warrior). My Idea is to have the orc slave escape from his captors,leading him down a path of vengeance, returning to his home to rally his people to rise up against the human advancement. Who are slowly taking orcs land leaving only 4 hamlets from the original 10. I do not know if he will be successful, but i hope he will have a glorious death.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:53:29 am by Luckyowl »

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 11:14:57 pm »

Right now I'm working on building a hunter's lodge up in the mountains. I've got a gang of dwarven beast hunters (total coincidence) with me and we've stockpiled a good amount of food. I plan on spending some time in a fortress, leaving my most trusted companion to run the place while I'm gone, using DFHack in fort mode to change my characters sexual orientation so she's not asexual, then returning to make a name for myself hunting and robbing my way to riches. Retire, and check back every now and again to see if she hasn't gotten hitched and started a little bandit family.

I think it would be really cool to play an adventurer with a family.

Also some trivia I learned while playing this adventurer: if your band is too large for others to want to join, you can tell your companions to wait off-site, and come back and recruit more people. You should be able to get a stupid large adventuring party this way, though I haven't tried going past four companions at a time yet.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 12:43:00 am »

I think it would be really cool to play an adventurer with a family.

Oh! You know you can bodyswap NPC? I like to do that time to time so I can make an NPC achieve his or her goals. My favorite one was this NPC who was enslaved at. the age of 10 and made to be a dancer to entertain his captive,  at age 16 he wrote a book about his struggles as a slave. I picked him up when he was in his mid 20's he escaped from his captors  and was on his way back home. He slept on the ground, drank the river, clumsily killed a bird so he can quench his hunger for three days, but he arrived back home with a bit of injury he sustained from the bird he killed. His village was a complete ghost town with one guy and the elder of the village. From the elder he learned that  his family were killed during the same war he was enslaved. All were dead instead of one, His little brother who was enslaved a year after my character was but escaped from his captors, returned home got married and became chief of our civ at age of 12 but a year after he was imprisoned in a different war with a different civ, our civ didn't really care to save him since that same year there was a bloody civil war that left 54 killed,  that was 6 years ago.So. his quest was to rescue his little brother.  annnnd I got owned by a Minotaur... I was a  devastated...but that's DF for ya...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:47:56 am by Luckyowl »

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 06:27:18 am »

That's a fantastic story  :'(

Maybe if my adventurer does get a family started, I'll come back in some decades and play as her child.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 08:42:06 pm »

kinda got me thinking about if the adoption option that nested away in the order menu could help on 'the be with family dream.'

that said I felt like it's possible to just Roleplay with your companions in fort mode

uhh a good one that I probably do after fully grasping how far my adv manual Migrant research goes is convincing an hostile unit that would think of you as an dangerous beast and get them to join a fort through giving them expedition leader status thus making them civil enough to join you on adventures as companions, so far i only got vampires and werebeasts to show up to the site like this, also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"body swapping and YOU!"