Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mod for 'Warsim: The Realm of Aslona'  (Read 1261 times)

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Mod for 'Warsim: The Realm of Aslona'
« on: December 24, 2019, 11:32:33 am »

Hello everyone,

So I've recently made a few mods for Warsim and at first I wasn't sure how I'd do a Dwarf fortress one as unlike games like Skyrim and Mount and Blade, dwarf fortress doesn't have standard kingdoms.

Luckily for me there are great legends such as Cacame and Bronzemurder, so this mod is basically Dwarf fortress legends.

You play as a ruler called King Urist McYou and rule a small humble kingdom with a little population and territorial holding.

The Kingdoms you share the world with are

* The Kingdom of Bronzemurder (Bronze Dwarves)
* The Creation of Ferns (Elite Dwarves)
* Glazedcoast (Stupid Dwarves)

* The Kingdom of Boatmurdered (White Dwarves)
* The Field of Kindling (Cannibal Elves)

The Creation of Ferns is somewhat of an anomaly being a dwarf kingdom ruled by an Elf

There are also 5 bandit groups

[And several mercenary groups such as The Pit Dwarves led by Urist McKhur the Lost.

[You have a great group of staff to help you rule the realm.

I've tried to honour Dwarf fortress as best as I can in the mod as it was a great source of inspiration for Warsim.

Check out the mod announcement at the bottom of this post https://www.reddit.com/r/WarsimRpg/comments/ef30p4/warsim_christmas_update_2019_0785_100_new/.

If anyone is interested in trying the mod out, it currently comes preinstalled with the latest update of the game on steam.

The game is Warsim: The Realm of Aslona and it's currently 35% off at $3.24 on Steam and it's got a 97% positive rating there as well as a small following of 1350 subs on /r/WarsimRpg though I'm trying to share this post here for fun rather than shameless plug.

Store page here - https://store.steampowered.com/app/659540/Warsim_The_Realm_of_Aslona/?beta=0

Happy to answer any questions at all about the game, the mod, etc! :)