Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An Red Dead Online related question. (probably incorrect forum)  (Read 899 times)

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An Red Dead Online related question. (probably incorrect forum)
« on: January 20, 2020, 03:20:14 pm »

I'm quite possibly posting this on an incorrect forum, but oh well. Fortune favours the bold, one wise man said.

Good day, I have a few questions regarding the multiplayer module of Red Dead Redemption II, commonly known as Red Dead Online, or as it's acronym: RDO. Here are the questions:
I: Is it possible to have more than one character on a given account?
I know that in Grand Theft Auto Online, you could have more than 1 character (although this function was well hidden in the menus). I want to know if it is implemented or is in some way accesible in Red Dead Online.
II: If there is no way to have more than 1 character on an single account, then do the perks and benefits from owning the Ultimate Edition carry over to the next character?
Yes, I do own the Ultimate Edition of the game, and it does have some benefits. But I have no idea if they'll stay, should I delete my existing character and create an new one. I plan on doing so depending on whatever the answer to question I is. I know that the Battle Pass progress does not carry over, but unused gold or dollars do carry over. Everything else is an mystery for me.

Hopefully I'll get my answers soon. Have a nice day, folks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: An Red Dead Online related question. (probably incorrect forum)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 07:52:25 pm »

I can't answer your second question, but I can tell you that last I checked there was absolutely, definitely no way to have more than one character. That's why I play on a few different accounts.
That said, it'd be pretty nice if multiple characters was an option.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 10:34:35 pm »

I can't answer your second question, but I can tell you that last I checked there was absolutely, definitely no way to have more than one character. That's why I play on a few different accounts.
That said, it'd be pretty nice if multiple characters was an option.

I had a goddamn PLAN! - Dutch Van der Linde.

Absolutely, definentely saddening. Thank you for providing at least an fragment of the information I requested.

Hopefully the trusty Bay 12 Games forums will provide an answer to my second question as well. I prefer to know all and be prepeared for it than to risk an unrecoverable loss. Should Bay 12 Games forums not provide an conclusive answer, I will ask on Rockstar's forums (assuming such forums exist, of course).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:48:28 pm »

I would recommend asking on the Red Dead Online subreddit if you have a Reddit account.
Generally a good source for all kinds of information!   

A cursory glance suggests that you do indeed retain your Ultimate Edition bonuses on a new character, but the most recent of the posts I saw was from a few months ago so you might want to confirm. I doubt Rockstar would change something like that, but you never know.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 06:59:27 pm »

I would recommend asking on the Red Dead Online subreddit if you have a Reddit account.
Generally a good source for all kinds of information!   

A cursory glance suggests that you do indeed retain your Ultimate Edition bonuses on a new character, but the most recent of the posts I saw was from a few months ago so you might want to confirm. I doubt Rockstar would change something like that, but you never know.   

I'll go and take a look at the RDR2 subreddit. Thank you for your answer.

I need confirmed answers, though.