Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: CYOGTCG SG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 24062 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG SG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 11:15:06 am »

Our deck shall be G, representing all the Gs.

How many words start with G? Goat, Grand, Game, Gambit, Goal, Ghost, Gentle. All the cards start with a G word.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 04:58:05 pm »

Choosing your deck theme with the crystal-ball thing is serious business, and the crystal ball pinpoints the ideas that are even the slightest bit workable. Do you want to use one of the following themes?

> Super Mario
> The Legend of Zelda
> Risk of Rain
> Waifus
> Heads
> Zebras
> ptw
> G

>_
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 05:07:51 pm »

I'm fine with any of the first four, but I personally support Risk of Rain

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 05:25:40 pm »

Waifus
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 05:46:30 pm »

ptw theme best theme
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 05:49:33 pm »

> Waifus
> G

These two plus 1.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 05:50:07 pm »

Hm. Clearly we need something that can collect all these perfectly workable and sane ideas together.

How about our deck theme is “ComboCards”! The deck works around combining two or more weak cards into a stronger third card. So you would have a Zebra card you could combine with a Head card to get the Zebrahead card, combine the Super card with the plumber card to get a Super Plumber Mario rip-off (we still can’t afford the rights to Nintendo IPs). We could then do different combos, like mixing the Zebra card with the Waifu card to get a zebra Waifu, or mixing the Plumber card with the Waifu card to get a plumber Waifu.

It should be solid enough to form a deck around without being restrictive in what we can do with it.
+1 I like the sound of all of this.
+1 to all of this

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2020, 03:32:18 am »

Zebras
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 04:36:58 am »

+1 Waifus
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2020, 05:12:58 pm »

The crystal-ball thing swirls around and eventually stops to reveal your deck theme. Your deck theme is now Waifus!

It seems that the deck themes are not being immediately announced to everyone. The official reason for this is so that it will be a surprise when you first start playing.

You take a look at your class schedule.

>CYOGTCG !!Science!!
>CYOGTCG Art
>CYOGTCG Math
>Lunch (And playing CYOGTCG)
>CYOGTCG History
>CYOGTCG Language Arts

The assembly for deciding deck themes has taken precedence over the first class, so next up is CYOGTCG Art class! This will be your first opportunity to start making cards!

Today you have learned that the images for cards should be 100 pixels vertical and 180 pixels horizontal! The background of a card can be any light color, but dark colors are not allowed.

(For reference, this is the correct size for a card picture)

Because you are just starting out, the only information that you can provide when creating a card is the card name, the card image, and the card background color. The rest of the card will be finished via Soul Tuning. Cards that you create will be added to your collection, and there is no downside to just creating cards.

You can now take the opportunity to try it out using the following format, but each person can only design one card per opportunity.

Card Name
Card Picture
Background Color

>_
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2020, 05:48:36 pm »

Oh geeze, I'm torn between two ideas, so I'm just going to ask, which are you guys more interested in:
A. A girl who is a T-Rex
B. A girl who is a Giant Robot

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2020, 05:58:35 pm »

A T. rex
I am not at a computer right now so I won’t be able to create a card yet, unless I use Markup on my IPad, I need to look up what Waifus even sre

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2020, 06:14:33 pm »

A T. rex
I am not at a computer right now so I won’t be able to create a card yet, unless I use Markup on my IPad, I need to look up what Waifus even sre

Cute girls basically.

Oh geeze, I'm torn between two ideas, so I'm just going to ask, which are you guys more interested in:
A. A girl who is a T-Rex
B. A girl who is a Giant Robot

Those are both wonderful ideas. I can't choose between them :V
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2020, 06:27:15 pm »

A T. rex
Basically just 'attractive girls rendered in an anime/manga type art-style'. They don't technically need to be in such a style, but it's generally more 'on-theme' if they are.

Also, considering I've been liking the image for the robot girl more and more since I started(and am not quite happy with the only two workable images I've found for the T-Rex girl... though I'll admit I haven't checked Pixiv yet), I'm going to wait for some more opinions. I'll wait... I dunno, a little while into tomorrow, and I'll probably post the robot one if nobody else has picked T-Rex by then.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:56:31 pm by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2020, 07:33:24 pm »

Hmm, alright, so, I've got three possible images for the T-Rex girl(because I'll probably make it anyway during a later opportunity if I don't choose to do it now, same with the robot one), I'm... not all that sure on any of them, so I'd like your opinion.

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 3 (click to show/hide)

I'm currently using image 1, but I also like 2 and 3 and I don't know if either of them really work better or not.

Edit: Also, should we use the characters name in/for the card name, or go for a more generic/royalty free naming scheme of just naming them different variations of 'Waifu' (examples: Waifu-Lizard King and Heavy Artillery Waifu)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:49:36 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30