Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: CYOGTCG SG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 24042 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG SG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2020, 12:14:41 am »

Edit: Also, should we use the characters name in/for the card name, or go for a more generic/royalty free naming scheme of just naming them different variations of 'Waifu' (examples: Waifu-Lizard King and Heavy Artillery Waifu)

I guess it depends on how the card game works? Some games need specific cards for effects, like if we have a card that works on "Waifu" cards we may need to have "Waifu" in the name for them to work. Otherwise it gets pretty redundant :V.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2020, 07:08:12 am »

I guess it depends on how the card game works? Some games need specific cards for effects, like if we have a card that works on "Waifu" cards we may need to have "Waifu" in the name for them to work. Otherwise it gets pretty redundant :V.
Well, based on my own experience with making cards, card 'types' aren't really a thing. So I'd assume that if we want cards that affect or work based on 'waifu' cards, we'd need the cards to either have 'Waifu' in the name, or have 'This card counts as a waifu' in its effect.

Also, I've thought of some interesting ideas for card effects already. So needless to say I'm excited both to see what the cards we get are, and to get the chance to make more.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2020, 08:21:39 am »

Well, A good while has passed since I asked, and since it was a tie vote(with my own vote being for robot), I'm going with robot. The only thing I'm not decided on fully is whether or not to include the Mechs name in the card name.

Spoiler: Genista (click to show/hide)
Source material is Genista from DARLING in the FRANXX

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2020, 09:05:51 am »

Spoiler: Nanoha (click to show/hide)

Looking at the other image, may have to edit a new image I suppose? Changed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:07:27 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2020, 06:47:21 pm »

I notice that even though three people voted for Waifus, only one of you has actually made a card for it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 07:43:10 pm »

Well, A good while has passed since I asked, and since it was a tie vote(with my own vote being for robot), I'm going with robot. The only thing I'm not decided on fully is whether or not to include the Mechs name in the card name.

Spoiler: Genista (click to show/hide)
Source material is Genista from DARLING in the FRANXX

+1

I notice that even though three people voted for Waifus, only one of you has actually made a card for it.

We can only make one card, and you already started spitting out ideas.

I have ideas for power up spell card types, but we can't really do anything with those alone and it would be better for us to wait for such things until we can choose their effects and know how the game is played (Like Best Girl power up card, Trap card just for the pun, Harem card that powers up based on how many Waifu card are on the field...)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2020, 07:55:09 pm »

I have ideas for power up spell card types, but we can't really do anything with those alone and it would be better for us to wait for such things until we can choose their effects and know how the game is played (Like Best Girl power up card, Trap card just for the pun, Harem card that powers up based on how many Waifu card are on the field...)
I'm fairly certain when it says one card 'per person', it's referring to us each getting to make one card, not the in universe character only getting to choose one card.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2020, 07:56:32 pm »

I'm fairly certain it's one card per person, not literally just one card.

I think that is a framing device, as in G gets one card (and thus we as voters all pick a single card together)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2020, 07:58:21 pm »

I think that is a framing device, as in G gets one card (and thus we as voters all pick a single card together)
Ah yes, because you can play a TCG with literally just one card :V

In all seriousness though, the entire point of CYOGTCG is that the players get to make the cards. It would be real counterintuitive if only one card was allowed to be made each turn(and that's assuming we even get a card each turn, since it says 'per-opportunity' instead of per-turn, which implies some turns we don't get to make a card).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:02:02 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2020, 08:04:17 pm »

Ah yes, because you can play a TCG with literally just one card :V

In all seriousness though, the entire point of CYOGTCG is that the players get to make the cards. It would be real counterintuitive if only one card was allowed to be made each turn(and that's assuming we even get a card each turn, since it says 'per-opportunity' instead of per-turn, which implies some turns we don't get to make a card).

It isn't like we could play with....what, 6 or so card either :V

@Supernerd how many cards we getting?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2020, 08:12:50 pm »

It isn't like we could play with....what, 6 or so card either :V

@Supernerd how many cards we getting?
No, I'd imagine we'd be getting some GM made filler cards that we'd have to slowly filter out and replace with custom made ones either way, but that doesn't change the fact that 1 custom card per-turn(at maximum) would just... feel like it's failing to be CYOGTCG.

It's like a water bottle that can only hold water for one hour a day, and you're not even allowed to drink out of it the first time it's filled.
Tolerable once you get used to it, but the very least it's something that should have been on the packaging instead of something you had to find out after buying the bottle.

Edit: Actually I just remembered I do have an actual argument to respond to yours with:
From my own experience playing CYOGTCG, we get multiple copies of each card. In fact, we get as many copies as we want.
So we would probably be having, like, 5 copies of each of our starter cards, for a total of like, 20-30 cards, provided that Super doesn't give us a couple filler cards anyway.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:47:03 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2020, 08:41:32 pm »

You can now take the opportunity to try it out using the following format, but each person can only design one card per opportunity.

Kinda strange to think it would be only a single card, since it refers to each person in a rule setting, rather than an IC setting. Likewise, Soul Tuning will be occurring for effects, so those concerns are slightly muted.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2020, 09:01:47 pm »

During CYOGTCG Art class, you manage to create two cards! They have been added to your Collection on the second post.

Next up is CYOGTCG Math! This is another opportunity to make cards!

Today you have learned that all cards technically have hearts, but cards that have 0 hearts are generally treated as "Spell" cards that are expended when they are used. If a card runs out of hearts, it will be destroyed. When one card attacks another card, the attack stat of both cards is subracted from the opposing card's hearts.

You may now specify how many hearts a card will have! Note that Soul Tuning may do unexpected things in order to balance the card if it has a high amount of hearts.

You still have the ability to make cards without specifying hearts, in which case you can leave the heart field blank.

Card Name
Card Picture
Background Color
Hearts

>_
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2020, 09:12:44 pm »

You can now take the opportunity to try it out using the following format, but each person can only design one card per opportunity.

Kinda strange to think it would be only a single card, since it refers to each person in a rule setting, rather than an IC setting. Likewise, Soul Tuning will be occurring for effects, so those concerns are slightly muted.

Well yeah. We are only one person though!

Whatever, Stirk's card!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2020, 09:13:55 pm »

Dang, I admit I would have submitted a more generic/basic character(possibly a Girls Frontline T-Doll of some sort) if I knew it would have had the 'basic mook-card' stats.

Would we be allowed to re-make cards later on with different stats/effects @Super?
(Also, that there is confirmation that it's 1 per-player, not 1 per turn)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:54:53 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30