Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 27673 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« on: January 06, 2020, 05:30:29 pm »

You are flat on your back, staring at the sky. A weakening smell of smoke drifts through your dulled senses. Far above, the clouds soar past under the bright blue sky. Fierce gusts of wind whip at your ragged clothing. The ground below you is hard and cold. Your thoughts are empty, save for a lingering feeling that whatever you just did was a really, really bad idea. All is silent, except for the wind.

Of Ghosts and Whispers
A suggestion Game

Spoiler: The rules (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 05:58:00 pm »

Look to see where the smokey smell is coming from
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 06:14:37 pm »

Get up first, but yes.
I postulate there's a smoking crater nearby.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 07:13:04 pm »

Get up first, but yes.
I postulate there's a smoking crater nearby.

Your body is reluctant to go through the trials and tribulations of getting up, but after negotiation your arms forge an alliance with your torso and begin maneuvering your body upwards, eventually pressuring the legs into joining as you finally reach something approximating an upright position.
   You are standing on top of a wide, tall, round stone tower, albeit one with all the walls blown off and soot coating every surface. Also known as a smoking crater with extra bits. Your eyes pan the horizon, revealing in one direction a dirt path that originates from the base of the Tower bwfore dissapearing behind stumpy, rocky treeless hills. In the opposite direction, the horizon is made up of similar hills, but between you and them, going from left to right with no visible source or end is a long string of vast, steep, moss coated chasms which eventually descend into impenetrable darkness below, with very little space between them.
   As you inch away from the ower’s edge, your gaze returns to the floor, and two previously unnoticed things finally catch your attention; A stairway which seems to be leading downwards, and a perfectly spherical black... thing at the centre of the thing that may once have been a room. It’s almost invisible against the soot.

It’s very cold up here. The wind is cutting through your clothing with ease. It’s quiet.

Spoiler: Not unlocked yet. (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 07:26:19 pm »

Anything noted as "perfectly spherical" is worthy of note. Investigate.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 07:40:48 pm »

I have a bag of marbles to sell you at generous prices.

We should take a nap! Our body will be in better shape so we can move without breaking.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 07:42:33 pm »

I have a bag of marbles to sell you at generous prices.
Marbles aren't perfectly spherical. If you could make something that was truly perfectly spherical, it would be exceptionally noteworthy.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 04:00:12 am »

Just grab the thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 04:02:39 am »

Marbles aren't perfectly spherical. If you could make something that was truly perfectly spherical, it would be exceptionally noteworthy.

What, were we the royal sphere appraiser before losing our memory? We just see a random ball and call it a perfect sphere. It isn't like we took a scientific instrument to the thing.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 04:10:29 am »

Just grab the thing.
You reach out two purple hands and pick up the black sphere. When what little soot there is has been wiped off, you discover it to be covered from head to toe in lines and patterns. Some are round, some of them are right angled, and they only very rarely repeat themselves.
We should take a nap! Our body will be in better shape so we can move without breaking.
Your body gives a sigh of relief as you put down the sphere, taking note that in spite of it’s shape it doesn’t roll away, and slowly work your way towards the floor, which welcomes you with open arms and a thick coating of soot. You curl up in your bundle of rags, and close your eyes. The bright sun shines down at you from its zenith. The cold wind cuts through your clothing. Your body, once relieved, is now.
What, were we the royal sphere appraiser before losing our memory? We just see a random ball and call it a perfect sphere. It isn't like we took a scientific instrument to the thing.
Actually, that’s an interesting thought. You took one look at it and said ‘Yeah, that’s a perfect sphere’. Some potential answers spring to mind, but no actual answers posit themselves.

You wrap yourself tighter. It’s very, very cold.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 04:20:33 am »

Lets go down stairs so we can get away from the wind, and take the sphere with us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 04:54:10 am »

Lets go down stairs so we can get away from the wind, and take the sphere with us.
After vigorous debate, your body agrees to lift you again. You pick up the sphere, and you slowly set off down the stairs, away from the cold wind.
The bottom of the stairs comes to a small alcove off the side of a circular room with a vaulted stone ceiling. At the opposite side of the room, there’s another stairway going further down. In the middle of the room, there’s a small, dying campfire. Positioned beside it is a bedroll, a bag, and an empty plate, still greasy from the last meal eaten on it. The sight beings with it new, forgotten senses. Hunger. Thirst. You have more than plenty of both.

The new sensations are distracting, but you can plainly feel that it’s dry, and less cold down here without the wind.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 05:26:45 am »

Some other hobo might also be here, given the fire here is still going and the soot outside is cold. See if we can shout “hello”.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 05:54:30 am »

Some other hobo might also be here, given the fire here is still going and the soot outside is cold. See if we can shout “hello”.
+1 But it might be our stuff from before we blew up, also sit by the fire long enough to get warm.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 06:55:19 am »

+1 But it might be our stuff from before we blew up, also sit by the fire long enough to get warm.
Your mouth opens, and a word comes out.
Hello?
You lapse into a fit of coughing, and instinctively your body extends an orange hand to cover your mouth until it stops. You’re not sure what you were expecting, but that didn’t sound right. It sounded like your body tried to decide what voice to go with, and changed its mind several times even as the words were coming out. Everything feels confused and broken. You kneel down and settle into a cross-legged sitting position, and your red hands move to warm themselves over the embers of the dying fire. A few minutes pass, and your words receive no answer.

It’s actually quite cosy here. Warmth has spread to every part of your body, and you can feel yourself relaxing. But as the cold disappears, it only gets replaced with more hunger, and more thirst. The quiet, distant roar of wind slowly gets drowned out by the crackling embers of the fire. It’s quiet.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29