Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28108 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2020, 10:48:39 pm »

He will probably stop before killing us.

Probably.

I'd... rather not rely on the self-control of a big angry guy who's just been told it's OK to beat us to a pulp.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2020, 05:19:12 am »

”It’s only fair. I hope you get better, and I’m sorry for that” Await the punching
It’s only fair. I hope you get better, and I’m sorry for that.
He steps back, enters a fighting stance, winds up his fist, and punches you in the gut. For a few seconds, the only thing you know is pain, followed by the unmistakable sensation of falling over and hitting the ground. The World stays like that for a while. Then you feel a hand under your shoulder, and within a few seconds, you’re in an upright position again, being patted down by the titanic Monster that just used Its powers of pure pain inducement on you. The Titanic Monster seems to be speaking, in Its Titanic, Monstrous voice. It says that Its name is Tom.

‘Yeah, that’s more or less what you did to me, except you left a bigger mark on Me when you did it. I don’t think I left a mark at all.’

He’s inspecting your stomach, under your ragged clothing. You did not consent to this, and you let him know with a well-aimed whack to His hand.

‘Alright, sorry. It’s just that more like punching a block of cheese than I expected. Anyway. Follow me, I’ll do this in the Tower. There’s chairs in there.’

Before you can reply, he grabs your wrist, and begins a fast walk to the small doorway leading into the Tower. Inside, after a climb up a ladder, through a trapdoor, and an unlocked doorway, you find yourself in a small, circular chamber with a wooden ceiling. There’s a fireplace in one side, with a peat fire burning steadily. The walls re covered in hooks, and rolled up hammocks attatched to some of the hooks. He gets two wooden chairs and fetches a pitch black candle, which he lights in the fire. A warm, yellow glow fills the room as he placs the candle in a clay candle-holder. He begins to speak.

‘I shouldn’t’ve gotten angry at you. That was probably the worst thing I could’ve done there, honestly. But I’m not going to apologise, and I’m going to explain why. Calmly. Calm.’

He’s reassuring himself again.

‘Right. So the night before last, I come down from the Tower. It’s been a long day, and I’ve been working my arse off fixing th’ roof. I come to the Inn, and there’s a Blue-skinned Vagabond with a massive bag there. So I’m there asking questions, since it’s my job, and you refuse to say anything. I take a look in the bag, since if there’s a weapon in there, I want to know, and there’s a big black orb in there. And I say what’s that, and I say it quietly, because it looks Private, but I still have a job to do, and then you get up, and you punch me.’

He stops talking for a second, and stands up.

‘Only before you hit me, time stops. Nothing can move, but I can still move my eyes, and my mouth, and I’m still breathing. And you look at me. And you start to talk. You say that if anyone asks me what startes the fight, I’m going to tell them I asked your gender. And you say that I’m not just going to tell the others, more People’ll come, and they’ll come asking about th’ orb, and they’ll come asking about You. said they wouldn’t look like you, they’d look more like me. And you said that you were sorry, and that you promised you wouldn’t come back. And I agreed. And then you punched me for real. When I got home, I was bleeding.’

He throws a sod of peat into the fire, and a shower of sparks fly up the chimney.

‘Now you’re obviously in a state, so I’ll tell you this for free. I’m not stupid. You’re trailing bullshit. In the Reach, there’s no army to come out and help you, no King to ride out and rescue you if something happens. You have th’ weapons you can make, and th’ Towers you can rebuild. Bullshit means death out here, death for everyone you know and care about. No-one’ll care if another Village disappears. Every moment you spend here is more bullshit that’s getting closer. So I’m not going to say sorry for getting angry at you. But I am going to ask you to leave. I’m going to say it politely now, but if this keeps up, I’m going to say it much less politely later.’

Tom points to the door through the dim light. His expression is complicated enough to be unreadable, but he’s definitely not happy at you.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2020, 05:25:12 am »

"I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused you. You have been quite polite, all things considered, so I'll do as you request."

With that, we should leave the village.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2020, 07:03:54 am »

"I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused you. You have been quite polite, all things considered, so I'll do as you request."

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2020, 08:08:07 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2020, 08:24:28 am »

Back the fuck up, you sayin’ I can stop time?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2020, 08:28:57 am »

Back the fuck up, you sayin’ I can stop time?
We can figure things out once we're out of his way.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2020, 09:19:58 am »

+1
+1

You walk out the door, head through the trapdoor, climb down the ladder, and exit the Tower without another word.

You head down the path, pass by the Inn, through the fields, and back to the T-junction. After walking for five or ten minutes, passing a rocky mountain, the dirt road abruptly stops, connecting to a wide stone road that disappears into both horizons at another T-junction, a grey stone obelisk acting as a signpost. On the other side of the Road, the ground rises up into tall, rocky hills almost immediately.

The cracked, ancient obelisk is covered in writing from about a dozen different languages, five of which you recognise, though the writing is small enough that it gets hard to read. One language is written with crosses on long lines, each collection of crosses and marks representing a different letter. One language is written in flowery script, while another is written with very angular letters. One of them is written from top to bottom, while another sees all the words written bottom to top, assembled into a circle, and read counter-clockwise starting at the left. The sign points in three directions: back to The Village, Marked as Klausbyr, to the Right, Marked as Kesch, and to the left, Marked as Lent.

It’s windy here, under the cloud-covered sky. You’re starting to get hungry. And thirsty. You sit down for a second while thoughts begin to bubble up in your head. You feel tired already.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2020, 09:27:09 am »

Set up camp, have a drink, and boil a potato for dinner

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2020, 09:28:36 am »

+1 And lets try to find somewhere sheltered from the wind for our camp.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2020, 09:33:24 am »

So guys... we're probably being hunted. With that in mind, I pose the question: should we be crossing the Graves after all?

klonk
Sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2020, 09:41:37 am »

I think that’s something to consider when we are more prepared/stocked up on inventory/ have more knowledge about what the hell is going on.

For now, I think we should check out some of the other villages mentioned to us

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2020, 09:45:22 am »

+1

The Graves definitely seem interesting enough to return to in the future, but let's try to retrace the steps we took before we lost our memory first.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2020, 09:53:55 am »

I suppose we can drop by Lent first... we do want to consider safety options sometime soon tho. Heading to the village in first place was perhaps a sloppy move on our part.

klonk
Sigtext

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2020, 10:04:12 am »

+1
It’s still early afternoon, but you decide to have dinner anyways. There’s very little cover, and no trees to speak of, but in the shadow of a particularly large rock you find a small bush. Soon, using branches from the bush combined with your fire-striker, you set up a small campfiee. You take a drink, fill the pot with water, and leave a Potato to boil. In the time it takes for all this to happen, combined with how long it takes for the Potato to boil, not a single soul passes by on the road.

The potato is delicious, if plain. You eat it skin and all, and that seems to be enough to satisfy your hunger for now.

Everything feels very still. There’s no sound beyond the crackle of the fire and the wind in the grass, and there’s no smell other than woodsmoke. Your hunger and thirst are both satisfied, and it looks to be mid-to-late afternoon, juding from the dim light breaking through the cloud cover in places that you assume is the sun.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29