Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28005 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2020, 10:22:00 am »

Pack up and head in the direction of Lent while there's still sunlight
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2020, 10:30:40 am »

+1
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2020, 11:20:25 am »

+1
+1

Be sure to put out the fire before we go.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2020, 11:33:00 am »

+1
+1

+1

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2020, 11:33:28 am »

We don’t have any money to pay for a room. It might be better to spend the night camping
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2020, 11:53:21 am »

We don’t have any money to pay for a room. It might be better to spend the night camping
Counterpoint: It's not night yet
Could also find shelter as we travel
Could also camp out on the outskirts of town if need be
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:58:00 am by TamerVirus »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »

Counterpoint: It's not night yet
Could also find shelter as we travel
Could also camp out on the outskirts of town if need be

If we want everyone to think we are a crazy hobo instead of a crazy hobo with time powers, sure.

I'd like to mess around with the orb more before perusing backstory things. If people are after us it'd probably be nice to know how to use it.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2020, 04:23:27 pm »

+1
+1

+1
You stand up, stretch, and stamp on the fire until it goes out. You pack what little of your things you unpacked, and you set off. The road goes on, and on, and on, and on, winding between hills and mountains, occasionally giving way to patches of thin forest. You fill your waterskin at a stream running underneath the Highway, drinking enough to keep yourself going. You pass a few ruined stone buildings, and at one point ring of stone walls, which presumably once contained a Settlement built out of less long-lasting materials. The sun is almost out of sight by the time you crest a rise in the land, and see Lent ahead.

It’s an impressive Place. A small mountain, steep and rocky on one side but descending gently on the other, plays host to the City, the bulk of which covers the gentler side in a sea of black, slate rooftops. At the base of the hill, a wall seperates it from another, far smaller section of the City with its own, much much smaller wall surrounding it. At the very top is perched a Castle, a marvel of engineering that looks as if three People wanted to design three different Castles on the same small space of land, and never noticed that a fourth Person managed to sneak a Monastery into the blueprints while they were arguing. The result is a hodge-podge of rooftops, battlements, Keeps, and undersized courtyards perched on top of a Hill which looks like it’ll shove the whole mess off at any moment. Surrounding the City over a wide area are dozens, if not hundreds of fields of grains, vegetables, and who knows what else.

In the distance, as your eyes take the visual cacophany laid out before you, you spot something else. Vast pits, deep chasms, the land sloping downwards to meet them, occasionally split up by thin slivers of ground. The Graves are closer here, and much, much wider.

By the time you reach the gates of the lower part of the City, night has almost completely fallen, and you’re getting very hungry. Inside the gates, you find a collection of mostly wooden buildings, built in the thin space between the two walls. A number of closed market stalls and shop windows fill what pass for streets here. The first layer is much smaller, and thinner, with wooden scaffolding built for People to stand on. The second layer is thick and tall, made of ashlar masonry, with two big, moss-coated Towers guarding the closed gate. A group of nine individuals wearing large green cloaks and peaked helmets stand outside. One of them notices you, features invisible in the darkness.

‘Heading in?’

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2020, 04:27:32 pm »

Well that crazy old lady told us not to, so lets do it and see what happens since we are here already.

"No, I just came to enjoy the wall. It is a very fine wall, the best I've seen in years. You must be very proud of it. I think I'll build a wall just like it around my own city one day."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2020, 04:34:33 pm »

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2020, 03:41:52 am »

Well that crazy old lady told us not to, so lets do it and see what happens since we are here already.

"No, I just came to enjoy the wall. It is a very fine wall, the best I've seen in years. You must be very proud of it. I think I'll build a wall just like it around my own city one day."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:11 am »

‘Heading in?’

"Please."
"Please."
‘Alright, do you have papers, or money for the toll, I-‘
+1

‘... what? I... look, are you going in, or staying out?’
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2020, 05:58:32 am »

"I lack both papers and money, but I can offer you something with even greater value!" Pull a potato out of our bag and hold it up like its something amazing, then say, "Its a magical wishing potato and I will give it to you as payment for the toll!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2020, 10:32:02 am »

"I lack both papers and money, but I can offer you something with even greater value!" Pull a potato out of our bag and hold it up like its something amazing, then say, "Its a magical wishing potato and I will give it to you as payment for the toll!"
You hold the potato up to the sky as though it was a baby destined to end all hunger which would die instantly if it wasn’t given constant attention. There’s a pause.

‘We accept copper, silver, ceramic, beads, shards, sherds, bloody-gold, and a few others, but while I’d like nothing more than to accept your Wishing Potato as payment, it won’t be accepted as legal tender, I’ll get in trouble, and I’ve heard that wishing Potatoes don’t work for the unemployed, so no. If you’re not going in, the soup kitchen’s down Bluff street, and they have shelter for the Homeless.’

The tall figure turns around and begins chatting with the other figures. It’s cold out tonight.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2020, 10:43:15 am »

Take out the black sphere and attempt to stop time

if nothing happens, put sphere away and sulk off towards the soup kitchen
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29