Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28169 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2020, 07:40:13 pm »

Look at our neck. Do we still have a massive cut that would be suspicious to the guard?

It was still marked as a "wound" in our last status/inventory update-- but I am curious to see how it's closing, if at all. +1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2020, 07:50:04 pm »

"Very well sir-- I shall attempt to obtain money. Could you possibly direct me to the nearest constabulary?"
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2020, 03:35:40 am »

Why is there a toll, anyway? What is so important beyond this Gate that requires payment?!? This artificial bourgeois construct is ABSOLUTELY DISCRIMINATORY against the hardworking public!
He is taken aback by that.

‘... Look, the toll’s literally half a penny. Three coppers, or one red bead, or two sherds, or 12 shards. It’s not that much. If you want to go in and out for free, just... get some fucking papers from the Constabulary.’

Look at our neck. Do we still have a massive cut that would be suspicious to the guard?

It was still marked as a "wound" in our last status/inventory update-- but I am curious to see how it's closing, if at all. +1
Its hard to see your neck withoit breaking it, but a quick run-over with your hand reveals it to be amaller than you thought it was. So it’s probbaly healing.

"Very well sir-- I shall attempt to obtain money. Could you possibly direct me to the nearest constabulary?"
+1
Go to main street, turn left at the cheese shop, it’s the only Building made from stone.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2020, 07:13:21 am »

Then let us go to the constabulary and obtain some money!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2020, 07:28:06 am »

+1 “thank you”

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2020, 09:24:01 am »

+1 “thank you”
thank you!
‘Alright.’

You follow the directions given to You by the Greencloak. You squeeze through the crowd down the Main Street, and soon spot the Cheese shop, a tall-gabled 3-story log Building, leaning noticably to one side. You take the left turn, and come onto a street lined with similar looking tall-gabled Buildings, crowded with market stalls and People walking between them. At the end of the road, you see a large stone building. Not fine ashlar, this was built with the stuff that locals dug up from their fields. It’s coated in old whitewash, stained dark in places with ash and soot from the chimneys. Once, it was probably two or three buildings, but they’ve long since been fused together with extra walls, roofs, sheds, and windows. An arch, tucked between a large extension and a small extension, beckons You forward into a courtyard beyond.

As You walk through the arch, the smell of cooking food enters Your senses. An ancient looking brown-haired Dog with a green collar looks up at You as You pass, lets out a half-hearted growl, and goes back to sleep. As You pass out into the Courtyard, enclosed on three sides by whitewashed walls and the fourth by the Building itself, You find a total of three Individuals wearing battered chainmail armour and green sashes hanging out their washing. Before You can say anything, however, a fourth Individual, a green scaled Kobold in full uniform with the addition of a beige, flour-stained apron, shepherds You without uttering a single word towards an external staircase, in a doorway at the top, through a maze of coridoors and finally into a small, spartan Office. It has a desk, a cabinet, two chairs, a thin glass window, and a carved and painted wooden insignia hanging on the wall, showing a white bird of some description on a green background. Sitting on one of the chairs, behind the desk, is a Kobold with bluish-grey scales. She looks up as You enter the room.

‘Wait, why did Yo-‘

The Kobold who brought You here leaves before the sentence can be finished. The Kobold sitting in front of You sighs, and she begins to clear the desk of papers.

‘I’m sorry about Him, He got tired of People asking for help a long time ago and He just drags them to Me. If He wasn’t such a Good baker, I’d have killed Him years ago.’

She coughs, takes out a pen and a piece of stiff cloth, and straightens Her back.

‘Right, I’m going to need Your name and the purpose of Your visit. I- wait.’

Her eyes lock onto You, and Her voice fills with suspicion.

‘Do I know You?’

Wounds: 1
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2020, 09:27:48 am »

Surely you must have heard of the many deeds and the dashing good looks of Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2020, 11:10:49 am »

”I lost my memory, so maybe> I have taken the name of Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau or Bob for short. Can you please tell me what you think you know of me?”

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2020, 12:24:12 pm »

Surely you must have heard of the many deeds and the dashing good looks of Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau!

+1, but bow elegantly to show how gentlemanly, dashing, and elegant we are.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2020, 04:07:13 pm »

+1, but bow elegantly to show how gentlemanly, dashing, and elegant we are.

You Bow elegantly, before speaking;

There’s no reply. Her look becomes almost unreadable, save for the certainty that there’s a lot She’s keeping to Herself right now. Out of the many quiet things she mutters without noticing, You only manage to pick up on two:

‘... Kon did remember...’
And
‘... another of the fucking bastards...’

Eventually, You break the silence with Your characteristic schizophrenic enthusiasm;

”I lost my memory, so maybe> I have taken the name of Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau or Bob for short. Can you please tell me what you think you know of me?”

I lost my memory, so maybe. I have taken the name of Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau or Bob for short. Can you please tell me what you think you know of me?

She’s noticably taken aback by the sudden change of tone, and it takes Her what fels like an eternity to think. Finally, in a very cautious tone of voice betraying many, many decades of experience, she replies.

‘... No. A lot of People would get into a lot of trouble. You and me included. If You want answers... look for them discreetly. And this...’

She reaches into a drawer, and takes out a folded piece of paper. She hands it to You.

‘... Is Yours.’

The Paper, unfolded, reveals itself as identification Papers for a Citizen of Lent. The signature simply has an X marked on it. It has a simple sketch of a tired-looking Person who looks almost but not quite like a Human, in ragged clothing similar to Your own.

‘Now. There is no more business for us to discuss, Please leave. If You think that there is, I apologise for the rudeness, but You’re wrong.

She opens the door, and becons for You to leave.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 04:11:12 pm by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2020, 04:10:21 pm »

Bow again, then leave. Wrap our magic potato in this citizenship papers and lets go to the University!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2020, 04:11:35 pm »

"...Thank you ma'am."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2020, 05:36:05 pm »

"...Thank you ma'am."
+1
Go to the guard and show him the papers. When he lets us in, go to the University

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2020, 06:30:56 am »

Bow again, then leave. Wrap our magic potato in this citizenship papers and lets go to the University!
"...Thank you ma'am."
+1
Go to the guard and show him the papers. When he lets us in, go to the University
"...Thank you ma'am."
You bow, and then leave. She follows You out, and as You leave the Courtyard, You hear Her say something behind You.

‘Kon, I need to talk to You, It said It lost It’s memory.’

After that, You hear no more.

You make Your way back to main street, and swim Your way through the crowds, towards the opened gatehouse, where You present Your Papers. The Greencloak who takes them, a Red-haired, scar-faced Dwarf with a forked beard, asks more than once about why a Potato has been wrapped up with Your papers, and no amount of explaining that it’s a magic potato seems to satiate Him. Eventually, though, He lets You through, mostly out of exhaustion.

Finally, You pass through the gates, into the legendary upper parts of Town! The University awaits You! The gates open in front of You!
You are somewhat disappointed.

A cobbled street, overgrown in some places with moss and grass peeking between stones, continues before You. On either side, tall, heavily plastered and whitewashed, thickly-walled, roughly-built, high-gabled ended, slate-roofed buildings rise above You, packed together with almost no space in between. Out of every seven or so Buildings, one looks to be empty. You don’t know what You expected, but You didn’t expect it to be quite this run-down and miserable. After some walking up steep roads, You eventually reach a large square, with a free-standing arch at its centre, proud and tall, smeared with generations of uncleaned soot and ash, with a gallows set up underneath, the nooses hanging from beams lain down on the underside of the arch istelf. There are less People up here, but only compared to the Low Town. The wind is stronger, too.

After some looking around, You find the street with a sign labelling it as ‘Baker’s street’. Lined with Bakeries, filled with the smell of baking goods, it winds ever so slightly to the right, before depositing You at a T-junction. Ahead is what looks like a former Temple, with stained glass windows and flying butresses, which has long since been expanded and mutilated with a dozen or so extra bits shoved on, with dozens of chimneys and windows and doorways and rooftops. At the gates, a Woman with long grey hair and a face composed of wrinkles and angles stops You.

‘You here to visit? If Y’are, I’ll need Yer name, Yer papers, and Yer purpose of visit. No exeptions.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2020, 07:41:21 am »

My name is Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau!
Here are my documents!
I am here to have some mysterious artifacts identified.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29