Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 27989 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2020, 05:44:16 pm »

Go back inside and get the food we left.

We literally just gave a sermon about how wasting food is a sin.
Do this then this.
Talk to group of humans
Excuse me, pardon me, but I'm looking for the local house of worship! Would you kindly direct this lost poor soul towards salvation? I'm terribly confused and lost in this town and need someone to enlighten me on my status or lack thereof of my possible quasi-divinity.
+1

As the People populating the Common room of the Inn return to their old lives, as the group You originally started chatting with returns to a discussion of something or other in a tone that suggests calm patience, but over a topic that suggests mutually assured murder isn’t far away. Then, the door opens, and You run in over to Your abandoned seat, wolf down the remnants of Your scrambled eggs, and run atraight out again as You are watched in bewilderment by People who really have no idea how to react to You.

Back outside, You chase down the group of Humans and jump in the way of their path.

Excuse me, pardon me, but I'm looking for the local house of worship! Would you kindly direct this lost poor soul towards salvation? I'm terribly confused and lost in this town and need someone to enlighten me on my status or lack thereof of my possible quasi-divinity.

The three stand staring at You for a few seconds while they fail to process everything You just said before giving up, at which point the older Woman speaks.

‘Are Y’lookin’ for th’ Temples? If Y’are, just ‘ead up th’ road from ‘ere, n’keep goin’ until Y’reach the Tailor, then turn right n’Y’should see i’. If Y’re lookin’ for somethin’ else, I’m afraid You’ll have t’explain Yourself a wee bit clearer ‘en ‘at. And, uh... If it’s alrigh’, may I ask, ah, Who Y’are? Never seen someone lookin’ like You before.’

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spellcasting (click to show/hide)
I have been mistakenly leaving the Orb with Ye’s long after You left it with the University Kobold, and it has been removed from the inventor. Lucky Youse.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2020, 05:50:32 pm »

Nobody. I'm nobody. I'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo. I'm a boxcar and a jug of wine. I'm an experience. An amusing anecdote. A funny memory. I'm a source of local gossip. I'm confusion and bewilderment. I'm everything and nothing. And I must be going.

Off to the temple!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2020, 05:51:47 pm »

Nobody. I'm nobody. I'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo. I'm a boxcar and a jug of wine. I'm an experience. An amusing anecdote. A funny memory. I'm a source of local gossip. I'm confusion and bewilderment. I'm everything and nothing. And I must be going.

Off to the temple!
+1 also thank them for the directions

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2020, 04:03:33 am »

Off to the temple!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2020, 03:23:50 am »

Off to the temple!
+1
Nobody. I'm nobody. I'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo. I'm a boxcar and a jug of wine. I'm an experience. An amusing anecdote. A funny memory. I'm a source of local gossip. I'm confusion and bewilderment. I'm everything and nothing. And I must be going. Thanks for the directions.

You immediately head off in the opposite direction, continuing until You reach the Tailor mentioned by the Old Woman. You turn right, down a small side-street, and enter into anither, larger street. On the left and right are more of the same tall, stone, high gabled, whitewashed buildings, but up ahead, the street opens out into a plaza of sorts. Entirely taking up one side of the plaza is a large wall, behind which You can see rooftops, stained glass windows, small domes, and various other works of fine architecture. At a large gate in the wall stand two Humans and a Kobold, the Humans in plain brown robes, but the Kobold in bright, flowing red robes, decorated with embroidered artwork of dragons in every colour of the rainbow. They’re arguing over who has to clean one of the Dwarven Shrines, but as You approach, they stop and turn to You, immediately going from snarky debate to smiles and politeness.

‘And what may We do for You?’ Says one of the Humans, a very old Woman with a face covered in scars and an eyepatch over one eye.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2020, 03:59:21 am »

”I would like to know information about the various deities”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2020, 09:20:41 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2020, 12:59:12 pm »

"Good day madam! I am Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau, and--"

+1

"--you offer in this fine establishment."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2020, 01:13:34 pm »

+1

+1
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2020, 02:59:31 pm »

+1

+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 14, 2020, 04:56:43 am »

+1

+1
+1
+1 For the +1 pile!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2020, 06:02:23 pm »

+1

+1
+1
+1 For the +1 pile!
"Good day madam! I am Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau, and I would like to know information about the various deities you offer in this fine establishment."

She stares at You for just long enough for it to become clear She didn’t expect You to ask that and now regrets acknowledging Your existence in the first place. She quickly recovers.

‘I’m afraid that won’t be possible. The Lentish Temple complex serves a number of faiths and beliefs and, if I may be somewhat blunt for a moment, no-one alive could name every Entity worshipped here. Most of them are known by their epithets Here anyway. We do run tours though, if that would suit You better.

While She speaks, the Kobold (proud, green-scaled and elderly-looking) and the other Human, (Younger though not by much, red-bearded, and exhausted-looking) begin to speak together in a language they probably don’t think that You can understand. The Human starts.p the conversation, spewking with a notwble accent.

‘“The various deities You offer in this fine establishment.” Every day this place feels more like a common business. Going in and buying favour. It makes Me sick.’

The Kobold thinks for a while before responding. His voice is smooth and unaccented, this is probably His first language.

‘You’re the ones running it. I don’t see why You can’t change it around until You find it working again.k

‘We can’t change anything as long as pompous shitheads are coming in Here like this. They don’t care. They’re just here because that’s what You do.’

‘Regardless, You’re the ones in charge. If You wanted to change Your image, I’m sure You could quite easily. We’ve discussed this before, You know. And You’re not doing Yourself any favours if that’s Your attitude to Worshippers..’

They stop talking when the Lady talking to You gives them both the evil eye. She turns back to You.

‘If You want a tour, I’ll speak with Baachen and We’ll get You someone to give the tour. It alone’d do a much better job of listing them than I could. Otherwise, just head on in and don’t go into the mausoleum, it’s being cleaned.‘

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2020, 06:05:58 pm »

Try to speak back in the other language we just heard!

"No thanks, I'm not much for window shopping. I heard you had a cute little kitty here, what can you tell me about a 'black cat'?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2020, 06:26:34 pm »

Try to speak back in the other language we just heard!

"No thanks, I'm not much for window shopping. I heard you had a cute little kitty here, what can you tell me about a 'black cat'?"
+1 I had a dream last night about a burning city and an undead creature burning, I asked around and someone told me the Black Cat could be trying to talk with me”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2020, 06:32:56 pm »

Speak in the same tongue as the other two. "I do hope I've not come across as untoward! I am here to learn, not to purchase." (Bow.)
Revert to the common tongue. "Perhaps another question would be more suitable:"

I had a dream last night about a burning city and an undead creature burning, I asked around and someone told me the Black Cat could be trying to talk with me”
Say this.

"Have you any knowledge of such matters?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29