Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 27677 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2020, 09:17:28 am »

I think it is arrogant to assume we are a god, I don’t want to offend the gods or Ciara
I feel it enforces the fact that we're insane and offending stuff is fun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2020, 11:47:20 am »

I think it is arrogant to assume we are a god, I don’t want to offend the gods or Ciara

It is arrogant of the gods to assume we are on the same level.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2020, 12:27:19 pm »

It is arrogant of the gods to assume we are on the same level.
when have the gods assumed we are on the same level? Mortals told us about the Black Cat, which means the Black Cat must communicate with mortals too, or they wouldn’t know about him

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2020, 04:07:10 pm »

"Oh, yes. I'm here for my offerings you see. My last follower offered me but a piece of silver, which has currently been chopped in half. You would think that guy could have made change with another half piece of silver instead of cutting up a perfectly good full piece. They'll be nothing but half silvers if he keeps up like that. Oh, look at me ramble! So just point me to the statue that looks like me, if you would kind priestess. And maybe the god of Thieves. I'm pretty sure he would be cool with me stealing his coins. It is like his thing.

My god Senses are telling me you are...Clara, one knowledgeable of the Black Cat? I wouldn't mind getting to know them either. You could tell me of them on the way."

+1

She looks at You with an unreadable smile carved into her face.

‘Ciara, actually.’

She turns away and begins to walk in the direction of the previous Courtyard You were in.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spellcasting (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2020, 05:59:43 pm »

You ignore me at your own peril!
Go snoop around the room Clara Ciara Sierra Mist that old women came from
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 21, 2020, 03:18:20 am »

+1 We will find our own answers!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 21, 2020, 06:39:47 am »

Follow the person we just talked to
(I thought we said Ciara?)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 21, 2020, 07:02:29 pm »

+1 We will find our own answers!

You ignore me at your own peril!” you yell in her direction.

‘It’s veryl very polite of You to show concern for mere mortals such as myself, but I won’t inconvenience you with my burdensome prescense.’ comes the somewhat cheery reply, dripping with snark and completely failing to cop on to Your obvious mental instability. You turn away from Her and head towards the large building ahe came out from, and You open the door, as a few disparate drops of rain hit Your clothes.

You are inside a massive round chamber, lit by tall thin glass windows far, far above, and lanterns hsnging from wall hooks all around You. There are small stone balconies all around the sides of the building, accessed from small stairways. All across the walls from floor to the windowsills high above are little arched nooks, and inside almost every single one of the maybe hundereds of little nooks is a statue or figurine or symbol or something, usually with some writing, ranging anywhere from a few little sentances to a few massive paragraphs chiseled onto stone tablets, almkst every singke one of the  accessible from at least one of the balconies. Some of them have little offerings, some have bread or coins or beads or litrle crystals or spilled alcohol or ashes. And at the far side of the room, at head height, is a small statue of a cat, painted black. You’re not alone in the room, though, a few Humans and Kobolds are here too. An orange-scaled Kobold looks up at You from the Shrine He was looking at when He sees You.

‘What are you doing here, Vagabond? Take Your bloody, thieving mitts somewhere else if you’re here for trouble.’

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spellcasting (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 21, 2020, 07:16:55 pm »

I have fallen from the below in search of divine knowledge and purpose! Being rudely ignored, I have taken the initiative into my own hands. I come to learn the specifics behind the worship of the One they call Feline of Blackness. The dreams! Every night, the dreams! They speak to me!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2020, 07:57:10 pm »

I have fallen from the below in search of divine knowledge and purpose! Being rudely ignored, I have taken the initiative into my own hands. I come to learn the specifics behind the worship of the One they call Feline of Blackness. The dreams! Every night, the dreams! They speak to me!
+1 And I am no longer who you can, Vegabond. I am Robert Raphael [insert third name] Castau

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2020, 08:09:44 pm »

Look around like we are looking for the vagabond he is talking about. Then look confused at the cat.

"Wonder what that guy's deal is. Anyway Black Cat, big fan, heard much about you. Love your show, really evocative. It is great to finally meet you in person! You are just as they say. Black. And a cat. It is much more descriptive than most mortals names. Really efficient, doesn't waste any time. Unlike me. I waste a lot of time. Even just saying my name. But enough with that, you keep trying to contact me and here I am! Your receptionist should have rung me in. I figure if you want to talk it is much easier to do it in person!"

Assuming the statue doesn't immediately talk back, ignore the mortals and attempt to take a nap on the shrine.

(Edited to be slightly more period appropriate)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:16:59 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 22, 2020, 05:54:47 am »

Look around like we are looking for the vagabond he is talking about. Then look confused at the cat.

"Wonder what that guy's deal is. Anyway Black Cat, big fan, heard much about you. Love your show, really evocative. It is great to finally meet you in person! You are just as they say. Black. And a cat. It is much more descriptive than most mortals names. Really efficient, doesn't waste any time. Unlike me. I waste a lot of time. Even just saying my name. But enough with that, you keep trying to contact me and here I am! Your receptionist should have rung me in. I figure if you want to talk it is much easier to do it in person!"

Assuming the statue doesn't immediately talk back, ignore the mortals and attempt to take a nap on the shrine.

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 24, 2020, 07:57:20 am »

+1
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2020, 11:32:33 am »

Sorry for the wait.

+1
+1
+1 And I am no longer who you can, Vegabond. I am Robert Raphael [insert third name] Castau
I have fallen from the below in search of divine knowledge and purpose! Being rudely ignored, I have taken the initiative into my own hands. I come to learn the specifics behind the worship of the One they call Feline of Blackness. The dreams! Every night, the dreams! They speak to me! I am no longer who you can, Vegabond. I am Robert Raphael Whatsit Castau!

He gives you a funny look dripping with unspoken judgement, before slowly returning to a small shrine with a small figurine of a horn, occasionally looking at you when he thinks you aren’t watching.

The Cat statue stares at you silently with unmoving stone eyes. You climb onto the plinth holding up the statue. A few people turn to look, but none of them go over to stop you. As rain hitting the roof becomes increasingly audible, it almost becomes a lullaby to you. It feels familiar, warm, inviting. You find yourself curling up into a ball without thinking. Darkness fills the world, and you drift to sleep.

You are standing in an unending darkness. The ground is concealed under slowly dissolving bodies of every colour of the rainbow, all slowly turning a darkening blue, fading to black as they turn to liquid. You recognise many of them, in the brief moments before the faces begin to melt together. A long hand reaches to you from above. It belongs to the the one who caused all of this. As you feel yourself sinking downwards, the hand approaches you, asking you to take it, be freed of this place, and return to its Service. Words appear in your mind, echoing silently:
’So? What happened next?’

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2020, 11:47:45 am »

You're doing a valiant job of keeping up with the madness of your players! I'm curious to see what happens from here.

"Woah woah woah, cat, little explanation before you get with the touchy-feely. You saying I used to be some kind of servant of yours?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29