Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 27683 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2020, 11:15:37 am »

Take out the black sphere and attempt to stop time

if nothing happens, put sphere away and sulk off towards the soup kitchen

+1, but first...

“Of course the magical potato doesn’t work on the unemployed, or I would have used it myself! Fortunately for me it seems you have pegged me as a beggar, the second oldest profession. I humbly accept this offered job. Magical wishing potato, I wish to be inside those walls!”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2020, 01:05:22 pm »

Take out the black sphere and attempt to stop time

if nothing happens, put sphere away and sulk off towards the soup kitchen

+1, but first...

“Of course the magical potato doesn’t work on the unemployed, or I would have used it myself! Fortunately for me it seems you have pegged me as a beggar, the second oldest profession. I humbly accept this offered job. Magical wishing potato, I wish to be inside those walls!”
Two drunks and a random Guy in a cloak have gathered to watch.
Of course the magical potato doesn’t work on the unemployed, or I would have used it myself! Fortunately for me it seems you have pegged me as a beggar, the second oldest profession. I humbly accept this offered job. Magical wishing potato, I wish to be inside those walls!
The Magical Wishing Potato gives you a stare, the kind of stare that can only be given by a Magical Wiahing Potato. After a while, the novelty wears off, and both the Green-cloaks and the three random strangers leave to return to their business. To your indignation, you remain outside the walls. The Potato goes back into the bag, and the Black Sphere comes out. You trace the patterns with your finger. You pat it in places. You demand and beg it to work, under your breath. The Black Sphere does nothing. If it were a Person, you’d swear it was mocking you with that silence. It is returned to the bag.

You find the sign that says Bluff Street in probably a million languages, you can’t be bothered to count, and follow it to a four story stone building. On the ground floor, there’s a door, and a large window with wooden shutters opened, behind which stands a Dragon. A Dragon with two arms, two legs, no wings, orange scales, clothes, and a tired expression. She gives you a Look as you approach.
‘You here for soup, a bed, both, neither?’
She waits expectantly for an answer.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2020, 01:12:08 pm »

Both and any advice on escaping the cruel tentacles of poverty

Dammit, why does everything cost money?!?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2020, 07:51:23 pm »

Both and any advice on escaping the cruel tentacles of poverty
‘Well, there’s always work for farmhands. Or any labourer. Or Grave-divers, if you’re desperate enough. Begging’s always an option, and some stalls hire extra hands if work gets busy. Couriers, spies, murderers, Plenty of People will pay good money for someone with no connections who can’t be easily tracked to do their dirty work.’
She pours out thick soup into a wooden bowl. As the last sentance leaves her mouth, Her voice has a hint of... bitterness? Anger? It seems odd that she’d be talking about that kind of activity out loud, to a stranger. She goes to the doorway, and unlocks it from the inside.
‘Head on up, first door on the right, Toilet’s under the stairs.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2020, 12:16:33 am »

Eat the soup. Have a look around, is there anyone else here?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2020, 02:50:37 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2020, 04:36:38 am »

+1
You eat the soup. You have no idea what the ingredients were, and it’s probably for the best not to think about it. It’s nice, though, hot and filling. There’s neither sight nor sound of another Soul, as far as you can tell. The street is cold and empty, with the slightest hint of wind.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2020, 05:44:30 am »

Lets go up and get into that room, then look around and see who's up there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2020, 09:46:47 am »

Lets go up and get into that room, then look around and see who's up there.
You leave the cold street behind you and head up the stairs. On the first landing, you take the door on the right, opening into a rectangular room with plastered walls and shuttered windows, the only illumination originating from a candle on the wall of the landing. The ground is covered in straw, and four figures lie sleeping on the floor. One of them is short, stocky and long-bearded, one of them is tall, lanky and beardless, and the other two look to be Dragon-People like the Lady downstairs. None of them stir as you enter.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2020, 09:58:10 am »

They seem to be deeply sleeping, we'd better start screaming stab them throw a flashbang leave them alone and get some sleep ourselves, but make sure we keep our bag close to us so no one steals our stuff..

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2020, 10:15:19 am »

They seem to be deeply sleeping, we'd better start screaming stab them throw a flashbang leave them alone and get some sleep ourselves, but make sure we keep our bag close to us so no one steals our stuff..
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:41 am »

+1
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2020, 02:00:38 pm »

+1
+1
You find a patch of straw that seems suitable for sleeping and, after closing the door, you hide your bag under your many voluminous folds and layers of ragged clothing. Soon, you’re lulled to sleep by the rhythmic breathing of your fellow Vagabonds.

A black pool lies below you. Voices and screams melt into one another. Crystal statues fall into the pool, and are broken and eaten by the thick, black liquid below. It reaches out, and demands you join It. You turn, and run. As you feel the anger fade behind you, a different darkness rises up in front of your path. It devours you before you have the chance to scream.

Your eyes open, and the images fade. Mostly. The black pool remains burned into your mind. You turn over, and look up. There’s light, streaming through open windows. The room is empty. Your bag is still there. You can hear the sounds of People, walking and talking outside. You could use a bite to eat, all things considered.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2020, 02:06:25 pm »

Grab some food and strike up some conversation with my fellow hobo-kind

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2020, 02:59:23 pm »

The hobos didn't rob us while we slumbered? Low quality. We really have to teach these guys how to be proper vagabonds.

Now that we have accepted our lot in life, it is time to become King of the Beggars.

Pull out the orb and hold it aloft, so that all may gaze upon it.

"HERE YE HERE YE! I have right here an object of VAST MAGICAL POWER! That is right, VAST MAGICAL POWER! With an object so perfectly round and also vastly powerful, I have many enemies wishing to steal it from me. I would say definitely but I appear to have lost my memory. I hear from a reliable source that some of you guys may be murderers, spies, and gravediggers! This is great, because I'll probably need all three of those things in the very near future. This is your one chance at a steady job to put food on the table. Who is interested?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29