Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Escape: Escape the Graveyard (6/6, waitlist open)  (Read 21055 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Escape: Escape the Cheerful Caretaker (6/6, waitlist open)
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2020, 06:12:23 pm »

Look around for something that would be better for a club and practice using it as a club. If I fail to find a better club than just Continue practicing with my current club.

Code: (notes) [Select]
Title/Name: Mario the Marvelous and Mischievous, or 3M
Weapon: a moderate-quality club, and has 0.5x practice with it (add +0.5x if quality upgraded)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2020, 10:38:09 pm »

Escape. Find a fist-sized rock, preferably with a sharp-ish side.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 04:38:17 pm »

Check my pocket for my phone and wallet, then call a cab back home.

Phone, check. Wallet, check. That’s good.

[Easy difficulty: 2+1]

You call a cab, but you suspect that at this hour it might take a while for a cab to get to your current location.

Escape confirmed. I spend my time picking flowers and humming happily.

You have escaped.

[Trivial difficulty: auto-4]

You pick a few flowers out of the ground, humming while you do so.

Confirm escape, check to see if I have any pocket money or phone on me, and than meander in a random direction until I found something interesting

You have escaped.

You have about a hundred dollars in your wallet, and you have your phone.

[Medium difficulty: 2]

You find nothing of interest besides a few trees and flowers.

Start blinking in Morse code before thanking her for her time

[Medium difficulty: 3]

In Morse code, you blink a message that’s probably close enough to “THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME”. The errors you made seem to have confused her, and she begins to talk (in English, and at a normal speed) to her grandfather about what the message might be. This means she’s no longer paying attention to you.

All obstacles overcame. Confirm escape?

Look around for something that would be better for a club and practice using it as a club. If I fail to find a better club than just Continue practicing with my current club.

Weapon: a moderate-quality club, and has 0.5x practice with it (add +0.5x if quality upgraded)

[Medium difficulty: 6]

You find a piece of wood that would make for a good club; better than your current one, at least. Only problem is, it’s still attached to a tree. You climb the tree, and try to break it off. You try to use your weight to get it to snap off without falling down. You succeed at the first part, but fail at the second, hitting the ground with a thump.

To be specific, your experience with clubs is in using large clubs. You have a good club, but it’s not as large as you’d like.

Escape. Find a fist-sized rock, preferably with a sharp-ish side.

You have escaped.

[Easy difficulty: 1+1]

Somehow, you fail to find any rocks larger than a pebble.

Spoiler: Location/Players (click to show/hide)

Somehow, the easy-difficulty rolls were a 1 and a 2. And then MonkeyMarkMario got two sixes. And then TricMagic got a crit-success on a behind-the-scenes roll for time by rolling two 1s.

I think we can move on to round 3 now.

Chapter 1, Attempt 1, Round 3: Grassy Meadow

You and the picnic table are in a grassy meadow with a few trees.
It is surrounded by a chain link fence.
Worryingly, you think you see a man walking around the outside of the fence, shining a flashlight around.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 04:52:35 pm »

Wait behind a tree for the cab.

Once it's here, hop the fence and get in the cab before the guard can react. Give my home address so we can go.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 04:57:53 pm »

Escape Confirmed I guess this happened already...

Do some stealth; using trees as cover and perform some recon on the watchman. How big is he? Is he armed? Does he have a predictable patrol path?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Escape: Escape the Grassy Meadow (6/6, waitlist open)
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 06:35:13 pm »

Wait until the watchman has passed, then hop the fence.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 08:18:31 pm »

See if I can sneak up on the watchman and knock him out with my club. If I fail to knock him out or he sees me before I can introduce myself and tell him from the back he looked like my rival.
"Don't worry guys I'll distract him, I hope."

Weapon: a good-quality club, and has 1x practice with it (add +1x if size increased)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2020, 12:44:56 am »

Can I be added to the waitlist?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2020, 01:21:58 am »

I shall just sprint as fast as I can, and just climb the chain link fence to get over it

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2020, 03:35:26 am »

Now it's just Coolrune left to post.

Can I be added to the waitlist?

Done.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2020, 03:56:42 am »

Climb over the fence and run with the others, hoping someone else distracts or incapacitates the guard.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2020, 12:46:30 pm »

Wait behind a tree for the cab.

Once it's here, hop the fence and get in the cab before the guard can react. Give my home address so we can go.

You hide behind a tree and wait. A quarter of a minute drags into half a minute drags into a minute drags into a turn. It shouldn’t be much longer.

Escape Confirmed I guess this happened already...

Do some stealth; using trees as cover and perform some recon on the watchman. How big is he? Is he armed? Does he have a predictable patrol path?

[Medium difficulty: 3]

The grass rustles as you move around, but aside from a few momentary glances in your direction, the watchman ignores it.
The watchman is of slightly above average height, and when he passes under a streetlamp you see that he is unarmed. His predictable path takes him all the way around the fence, and it’s a fairly large park - it’d probably take him at least ten minutes to walk all the way around, maybe even fifteen or twenty.

Wait until the watchman has passed, then hop the fence.

[Medium difficulty: 1]

You almost make it over the fence, but then your foot catches and you end up shoving yourself backwards. You fall to the ground with a clatter and a thump.

See if I can sneak up on the watchman and knock him out with my club. If I fail to knock him out or he sees me before I can introduce myself and tell him from the back he looked like my rival.
"Don't worry guys I'll distract him, I hope."

Weapon: a good-quality club, and has 1x practice with it (add +1x if size increased)

[Medium difficulty: 2]

Unfortunately, trying to climb the fence while also being stealthy is difficult. You only manage to get one foot off the ground.

I shall just sprint as fast as I can, and just climb the chain link fence to get over it

You sprint towards the edge of the park, and leap on top of the fence with a loud clatter.

Climb over the fence and run with the others, hoping someone else distracts or incapacitates the guard.

[Medium difficulty: 1]

You end up climbing the fence a little too close to everyone else, and fall to the ground when someone steps on your hand.

The watchman swivels around and shines his flashlight at the three people on the other side of the fence, and then at Shadowclaw, who is perched on top of the fence.

One has to wonder what he’s thinking.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 02:09:08 pm »

Wait behind the tree as the patrolman investigates shenanigans. While he is distracted, go to the fence on the opposite side of the park (and far away from the patrolman) and try to climb it
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:31:13 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 02:19:08 pm »

Stealthily find the gate and go out that way. If the guard sees me introduce myself and claim that I lost track of time.

My Forum game(s):
None for now

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2020, 02:51:58 pm »

Scream like a banshee, clamber over the fence desperately, and flee while continuing to scream.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10