Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not-to option in Burrows  (Read 762 times)

qratz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not-to option in Burrows
« on: January 04, 2020, 10:07:30 am »

As simple as an option when creating borrows that allow you to make that burrow a not-to-go zone. So everything that is not borrowed is where dwarfs can interact. Is quite easier than making a burrow of the whole map but erasing just a certain area.

TheyreAllGullyDorfs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-to option in Burrows
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 01:54:41 pm »

I feel like somewhere in my DF wanderings I found some way to designate areas as monster lairs.  Maybe that is like what you're talking about?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 04:49:41 pm »

I feel like somewhere in my DF wanderings I found some way to designate areas as monster lairs.  Maybe that is like what you're talking about?
Pretty sure that's not a thing in the current version.

Radircs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 04:13:58 am »

Well since this is already in the game why you ask for it?
Their is the restriction feature in the traffic section (make a tile so costly on path finding dwarfs avoid it like hell if their are other options)
If you don't even want dwarfs to pick up jobs in a restricted are you have to make the entire map a burrow except the restricted area and get every dwarf in this burrow.
Of course a "negative" burrow would make sometimes things a bit essayer to set up, but they are with the current mechanics not impossible to create.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 05:20:39 am »

Well since this is already in the game why you ask for it?
Their is the restriction feature in the traffic section (make a tile so costly on path finding dwarfs avoid it like hell if their are other options)
If you don't even want dwarfs to pick up jobs in a restricted are you have to make the entire map a burrow except the restricted area and get every dwarf in this burrow.
Of course a "negative" burrow would make sometimes things a bit essayer to set up, but they are with the current mechanics not impossible to create.
It's not in the game, therefore using the suggestions forum, the op suggested it. It's how things work.