Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infinity: Battlescape  (Read 1162 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinity: Battlescape
« on: September 27, 2019, 12:53:28 pm »

i couldnt find a thread about in the forums (albeit found one from years ago when the original Infinity was a thing) so here's a new one.

Steam Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZpWUzJ3USA

Copied from the Trailer:

"Infinity: Battlescape is a multiplayer space-combat game taking place across a massive, true-to-scale procedurally generated star system that is 100% seamless (no loading screens). Multiple corporate factions are fighting for control of a solar system in a war involving hundreds of players, potentially more than a thousand per-server ( without instancing ), that can last from hours to days. Coordinate with other players to destroy enemy infrastructure around strategic locations, referred to as Battlescape's, across a wide range of gorgeous environments including barren moons, gas giants, volcanic planets, asteroid rings, and more.

Participate in space and planetary battles of massive proportions like those seen in movies such as Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and Serenity. It's not unusual in Battlescape to hop from battle to battle, some of them involving hundreds of ships. Climb the competitive ladder, gain ranks, and complete side missions to support the war effort in your own way."

Infinity: Battlescape is a sidegame or main game for the Infinity Franchise. Originally birthed by I-Novae Studio around 2010-2011 (or earlier), Infinity was planned to be one of the biggest Space Games at the time prior or when this genera started to make a comeback. Sadly, the team couldnt pull the huge undertaking they were going to put themselves with even with a Kickstarter backing them so Battlescape is like the starting point of that vision.

the game enters Early Access on Steam as of 27/09/2019 in case you want to check it right now. i hope this will give the studio enough income to further develop their original vision one day
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 02:12:09 pm by xaritscin »

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity: Battlescape
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 02:24:57 pm »

I think the plan was to release this to garner interest and make money, and then use those profits to finance the MMO.

People told him to just kickstart the MMO, but he really doubted he could crowdfund enough. To be fair, outside the anomaly that is Space Citizen, he was likely right.

Really hoping it does well because I love the idea of the MMO. Been wanting to play it since at least 2007.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 12:03:21 pm »

they've been making quite slow progress lately. Instead they've been occupying their time by banning critics of their game and causing silly drama.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 10:54:08 am »

Never really was on my radar, but a quick look around the steam reviews + forum and the footage itself seems to reveal a fairly bland (if graphically well-done) game. Alas, for it seems to have great potential, yet was bungled by its devs, as is common in the indie lot.

Wait ye for Starbase then.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.