Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebeast in library  (Read 712 times)

âbirtobul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Werebeast in library
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:02:26 am »

I need this infected scholar to keep learning and writing. If he is in a 1x1 square in the library (fortified) will he take part in discussions on topics? And will he stay sane and live? Thanks, hoping this dwarf (my favorite) can accomplish great things eventually. (I'd like books written by my were elk dwarf).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Werebeast in library
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:54:03 pm »

Every full moon he's going to be a little too angry to participate in much besides wanton wrath and seething rage, but he will stay alive in perpetuity. The were-creature cycle resets thirst and food requirements before they reach life-threatening points. As to his mental health, in my experience a particularly jaded Dwarf can endure the hardship of a solitary life for an indefinite length of time, otherwise the stress can (and will usually) end fatally for the Dwarf. Perhaps you could add a hidden chambre, where you can put a recreation room full of disposable furniture, booze & food the Dwarf likes, just in case they find the stress a little too much? Then when they're ready you can send them back to the library

âbirtobul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 03:48:31 am »

Yeah they went mad. However they did keep in conversation with scholars even when 6 tiles away from the library. I stocked their area with good things but not everything.. ended up exiling the hero werescholar of the fort and memorializing him. I'll see what he gets up to in the world, but no immortal sane scholar for me

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 08:21:17 am »

Legend of the wandering mad sage begins

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 05:20:23 pm »

One thing I would have tried is a cage with fortifications. I don't know if it works though. You should be able to see through them and they aren't passable. Perhaps he wouldn't have felt so alone. You could have made it directly in the library.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 02:41:53 am »

To bad he was not a were orangutan.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 09:39:47 am »