Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Broker Triggered My Traps and Died.  (Read 889 times)

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Broker Triggered My Traps and Died.
« on: January 17, 2020, 04:19:33 pm »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdapgwf6oom3ugd/brokertrap.png?dl=0

I'm pretty sure this happened in a moment between being requested at the depot and cancelling requested at depot.

I've never seen this happen before.
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: My Broker Triggered My Traps and Died.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:30:03 pm »

He probably fell asleep on the trap, or something.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 04:38:25 pm »

There are a few common causes - citizens falling asleep, citizens passing out from pain, getting affected by a syndrome, knocked out by cave-in dust or falling from a height onto a trap

Why did they cancel the job order? Did it specify anything?

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 03:30:22 am »

Umm, it's possible he fell asleep. I used Siren to get his attention and get him to the Depot as the Caravan was about to leave. I guess between him being summoned and the caravan leaving he had time for one tick of sleep on the traps. Though I'm not convinced.
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 06:02:31 am »

Dodging can also result in traps being triggered.

It can also be mentioned that you can switch to "anyone can trade" (not sure the quote is correct) for the trade depot if you're in a hurry to trade before a caravan leaves.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 11:48:39 am »

I think all the other causes besides sleep would show up in the combat log.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 08:59:30 am »

As i understand, sleep is the one thing that normally should *not* be possible, since dwarfs are said to absolutely refuse to sleep on top of traps. I can't find the research, but the effect is referenced more than once, e.g. here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134194.msg4830952#msg4830952

However, there's been a "sleepwalking" bug in the 0.40 range of versions. Perhaps the "Siren" plugin accidentally re-implements that bug by summoning units without properly waking them up?

(Footnote: you might find reports of dwarfs coming to harm when sleeping on top of traps, but that was an emergent bug ca.2008, when dwarfs' trap immunity was revoked when unconscious, without sorting out the "sleep on the floor" choice of sleeping spots. That one was corrected long ago (before 2010?) to the state documented in the post quoted above.)