Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: LCM - Less Crazy Modpack  (Read 13700 times)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: LCM - Less Crazy Modpack
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2020, 02:47:12 am »

The last update I was kinda stuck on ZM5's mods, particularly the Turok addon. Had to cut some features that don't fit the non-insane theme of the modpack. Turok universe itself is just a messy bundle of random ideas.

Then there was the Lands of Duality mod. It's yooge and high quality, but I consider it the weakest of ZM5's mods. There's only so many eldritch humanoids with tentacles coming out of random places that I can take.

In between those there was the Slaves to Raius mod. It's really extensive and with many features I don't want in the pack. It will add some luxury to the lives of dwarves, hito and drows, letting them make many new dyes, fragrant perfumes, and rose water. Coming back to Genesis I re-added tea. I learned how drinks work. So that's why.

I'll update the mod list later.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2020, 07:10:15 am »

After I'm done with ZM5's Diablo mod (after getting out of the hospital first), I'm going to run a test fort. If anyone's got any stray raws, I can assure you that I'll find some nook to cram them into.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2020, 12:45:09 pm »

Looking forward to seeing the fort!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2020, 01:02:31 pm »

I probably won't be able to work on this for a while, but I can report some old news I forgot about in the past: Seiggrain's farming and stuff!
That mod adds mostly metals of various kinds, including diamondium that was extensively used in Dungeonevened. I had been tinkering with the mod since the I had lost the save, and even before that if you count my struggles to fix some bugs that might not have been there in the first place. I've rebalanced bulk smelting reactions so that we eon't miss on gold when smelting diamondite, changed some alloying reactions to follow the law of equivalent exchange, renamed spartan metal to hoplite bronze because no spartans in DF.

More integration patches! Spear mint and black mint were renamed to cave mint and shadow mint respectively because the actual plants don't grow underground, and their drinks were made into tea as they should be.

Sugar can be made into candy, and that includes sugars from various mods: crystal cane sugar candy, cave sugar beet candy, cane sugar candy, etc.

Painter's roses can be turned into rose water and perfume. It's mainly a dye plant, but it's a rose still.

Oil can be turned into perfumes in most cases.

Flour can be baked into bread: cave barley bread is now a staple food for slaves in drow towns.

All good seeds can be used in the wonderworker workshop reactions, including otherwise useless seeds from good trees added by some mods.

I change interaction targets and syndrome immunities as I go, using my system to decide what should and should not work on what. That way creatures from various mods can use their abilities to their fullest, or sometimes fail ro freeze a monster made of ice for example. ZM5 uses WATER_ELEMENTAL for cold immunity while I use the old COLDIMMUNE. In my clasification WATER_ELEMENTAL is a subclass of ELEMENTAL which is a subclass of OUTSIDER.

Drow ethics also needed rethinking. For LCM 2 I planned to make rhem good guys. They are still good guys, but not very good. Slavery is very much acceptable, many lesser crimes go unpunished, while more heinous ones are punished with death. Eating sentients is shunned rather than outright forbidden. It's supposed to reflect the influx of "deep drows" into Dungeonevened after grand matriarch Yetine Shadycarries moved in. Values and personality changed slightly to make them less obviously evil and more alien. They should still side with dwarves.

I fell in love with cavvekans - the bat-faced dogs of drows. I could imagine one running along a herd of rothe, clicking and whistling, imitating the calls of the underdark bovines. In the test fort I'll breed a plenty of them just ro have them around. Hunting and war will be left to Speleoraptors that are better for this anyway.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2020, 02:14:18 am »

I've got good and bad news to anyone waiting for the test fort:

Good: I'm leaving the hospital tomorrow, meaning I'm gonna be able to continue the work.

Bad: I just remembered there's a ton of stuff from Forgotten Realms Direforged that I want to add before testing. It's a good thing in a long run; enchanting metals, mining flarestone, setting nail traps, hunting iconic d&d monsters, you name it.

Edit:
Diablo mod and DDD implemented. DDD contains some of my favorites including moleweasels and badgerdogs, both found in dwarven fortresses as of now.

Working on Direforged now. I've realized no mod has had owlbears yet, not counting Warcraft's owlbears that don't count because they're Warcraft. Direforged also has a plenty of plants, including desert moons that were used in Dungeonevened's dye industry.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2020, 03:04:50 pm »

Quick announcement: the modpack is available for download.

Zalthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2020, 11:47:59 am »

You utter madman, I cannot even fathom how this is possible.

Why are Dwarves currently unplayable, by the way?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2020, 03:27:55 pm »

Didn't feel like adding reactions to them. I'll make them playable very soon.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2020, 03:30:47 pm »

Looks like fun, I'll probably try it out next time I play Dwarf Fortress.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2020, 09:51:50 am »

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction fe_AQUARIUM_GLASS_CLEAR
fe_AQUARIUM_GLASS_CLEAR: Unrecognized Building Token: fe_FISH_PROCESSING_WORKSHOP
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction fe_AQUARIUM_GLASS_GREEN
fe_AQUARIUM_GLASS_GREEN: Unrecognized Building Token: fe_FISH_PROCESSING_WORKSHOP
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction fe_AQUARIUM_GLASS_CRYSTAL
fe_AQUARIUM_GLASS_CRYSTAL: Unrecognized Building Token: fe_FISH_PROCESSING_WORKSHOP
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction fe_MOUNT_FISH
fe_MOUNT_FISH: Unrecognized Building Token: fe_FISH_PROCESSING_WORKSHOP
*** Error(s) finalizing the interaction CONV_TO_LUNGFISH
Unrecognized Creature/Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: FISH_LUNGFISH:FEMALE

This is all I'm getting in the error log, not game-breaking, especially as it is fish processing, but someone might hold that as important.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2020, 10:44:59 am »

Using my duplisearch tool, I found several objects sharing the same in-game name. Most of them seem to be from "conflicting" (for lack of better phrasing) ZM5 mods, or are within the same file and thus probably intended, but there are also a few like the ginseng that seemingly is both in OldGenesis and Dwemer, and there being multiple ents, imps and swamp trolls etc.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2020, 01:19:34 am »

I'm taking a quick break from this project, but once I get thback to it I'm gonna take a good look at, well, everything. Currently I'm working on something else entirely though.

Hellzs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2020, 02:05:00 am »

Im so glad to see someone is still working on Rhenaya's Drow in some way. I went looking for more up to-date version of it and found my way here.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2021, 03:51:48 pm »

Slowly coming back to this after a long, long hiatus. My last test fort was annihilated by a single Qurupeco. You may call me a salty whiner, but I had to nerf those guys.

1. Qurupeco flint interaction range reduced from 25 to 5. Ideally non-megabeast creatures would be completely unable to breathe fire, but I'm not that salty.
2. Deviljho summoning interaction wait period increased from 1000 (less than once a day) to 100000 (a little short of a season).

Thanks to squamous compiling all his old mods together, I'll be tinkering with those for a long, long time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]