Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LCM - Less Crazy Modpack  (Read 13696 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: LCM - Less Crazy Modpack
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 08:19:05 am »

I've heard contradictory reports, but I think there might be a thing where a modpack with too many civs added crashes for some reason in this version. I got that on Jawa Fortress with all civs installed. Each individual civ could work, but all of them together crash on longer histories and worlds.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 08:29:13 am »

I've heard contradictory reports, but I think there might be a thing where a modpack with too many civs added crashes for some reason in this version. I got that on Jawa Fortress with all civs installed. Each individual civ could work, but all of them together crash on longer histories and worlds.
I had that problem in 0.44 as well, so it's not new in 0.47. Still, it is very strange.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:14 am »

Huh, Jawa Fortress seems to be working again, after I updated my copy to 47.04 and took away NO_EAT and NO_DRINK from the battle droids.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 11:47:32 am »

It is very likely the NO_EAT/DRINK + Fishing + Merriment crash, I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 12:00:45 pm »

I’ve heard of the other parts, but what’s the problem with merriment?
My mods and forum games.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 02:42:42 pm »

The crash only happens if you've got a creature with NO_EAT/DRINK, who is in a civilization with fishing labours enabled and has a merriment value that is not negative. It's why goblins don't crash, despite not eating and having fishing enabled. It can easily be reproduced.

Type of site does not seem to be a factor.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 02:44:18 pm »

Thanks.
My mods and forum games.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2020, 03:15:01 pm »

The crash only happens if you've got a creature with NO_EAT/DRINK, who is in a civilization with fishing labours enabled and has a merriment value that is not negative. It's why goblins don't crash, despite not eating and having fishing enabled. It can easily be reproduced.

Type of site does not seem to be a factor.

Why merriment though?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 02:54:01 am »

NO_EAT issue I'm aware of and I made sure no civilized creature has it. First time I hear about the merriment thing though. With NO_EAT worldgen crashes after placing civs, AFAIK, which just isn't the case here.

Dwarves are NOT GUILTY, by the way, and neither is any single entity.  Removing all Dark Ages and Genesis files also didn't do anything either.

The number of civs isn't all that impressive right now. I believe ZM5's warcraft mod has more. I actually have some suspicions that I will see to once I'm home, and if that doesn't help, I'll upload the files.

EDIT:

BREAKTHROUGH! Seems like the problems lies somewhere within the Monstrous Manual mod! Maybe? I'll figure it out in no time!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2020, 11:08:32 pm »

NO_EAT issue I'm aware of and I made sure no civilized creature has it. First time I hear about the merriment thing though. With NO_EAT worldgen crashes after placing civs, AFAIK, which just isn't the case here.

Dwarves are NOT GUILTY, by the way, and neither is any single entity.  Removing all Dark Ages and Genesis files also didn't do anything either.

The number of civs isn't all that impressive right now. I believe ZM5's warcraft mod has more. I actually have some suspicions that I will see to once I'm home, and if that doesn't help, I'll upload the files.

EDIT:

BREAKTHROUGH! Seems like the problems lies somewhere within the Monstrous Manual mod! Maybe? I'll figure it out in no time!
If you are using an older version, there were some crashes I fixed. One of them was related to creatures tagged to act as dark fortress demon founders.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 01:43:33 am »

So which tokens don't get along with SPREADS_EVIL_WHATEVER?

I updated your mod manually not to cancel all changes I've done (pelts, extra classes), so I'd rather fix this without overwriting any files this time too.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2020, 09:58:00 am »

So which tokens don't get along with SPREADS_EVIL_WHATEVER?

I updated your mod manually not to cancel all changes I've done (pelts, extra classes), so I'd rather fix this without overwriting any files this time too.
I have no idea, since ZM5 has managed to use those without issues.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2020, 07:56:13 am »

Crisis dealt with, I suppose. There was something wrong with the fiend raws, probably my fault. Now that that's done...

WE'RE BACK ON TRACK BAY-BEE!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2020, 12:05:27 pm »

Re-added the rest of ZM5's misc creatures and Enemy Post's Primal that now includes creatures removed from my Animalia mod (formerly Animal diversification project). Now whatever evil abominations prefer giraffes as their mounts have a choice between basic bitch giraffes, Sivatheres, Brahmatheres, Shansitheres and Giraffokeryxes.

On the matter of completely new stuff, I've updated all the creatures I made originally for LCM 2 (save for T'lethians, but there's still some stuff to be done with them). The lists:

Spoiler: new common domestic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: hito pets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: drow pets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wild animals (click to show/hide)

Wood grouse, quail, sparrowhawk and rhea were removed because when I come back to Animalia, I'll eventually add them there.
Orcish pets - domesticated dinosaurs - aren't needed anymore and, frankly, there was nothing special to them. They're gone too.

For T'lethians, I'll have to modify lobsterman chitin and tasoth scales so they don't act as metal; add deep ones, tentaculats, hallucinoids, xarquids, bio-drones, calcinoids and triscenes; add melee weapons; assemble the entity. Not a high priority job, but I'd rather not leave them half-finished.

My next move? I've got my eyes on Expanded Good/Evil Regions by than402, which should be a quick and relatively pleasant job.

Eric Blank's Spellcrafts mod is also glaring at me, though the thought of working on that is giving me anxiety.

Rhenaya's Drow should be a priority, but everything would require some tinkering: creature and entity need personality and values modified to reflect societal changes after Dungeonevened; faerie fire asks for a nerf, especially making it impossible to stack the syndrome to nuke the target's speed.

DBDB and DDD would inflate the count of dwarven pets, which would be great right now as all they have now is tunnel tarantula.

EDIT:
Expanded Good and Evil Regions is a neat mod that does what it's supposed to, even if there are some problems - the errorlog suddenly started informing me that the game would use Australodelphis cheese without informing me what for. I narrowed the suspects to interactions, then noticed that one of good weather types was using milk template. After replacing it with slime template stuff started to work.

This mod also contains ironwood that can be made into weapons and armor in the wonderworker workshop. Once I finalize dwarven, drow and hito entities, I'll have to make reactions for all weapons used by these civs again. Can't wait.

Also added some creatures and plants from squamous's Long Night total conversion. These mods are more fun to work with now that I know what I'm doing. Can't wait to re-add abrians and serve them with mussels in my next fort.

Another edit:
Spellcrafts added. This mod has a menacing aura, it's gotta be said. Vermin-based magic is an interesting alternative to old smoke-based kind, though I haven't seen it in action yet.
There is one interaction that creates an aetheric weapon; I made it create the Sword of the Creator I made for fun once. I've also changed conjuring reactions so that they create pegasus mats instead of harpy mats. I'm just not sure if dwarves would even use harpy leather.

Rhenaya's Drow semi-added; just have to replace drow weapons and clothing with vanilla and ZM5's ones. No reason to have multiple instances of rhe exactly same item.

I've made some changes to the drows rhemselves:
-no narural skills - drows by default have crossbow and sneaking skills, and because of that they always come packing heat. It's annoying. Now they only have modified learning rates - men learn mechanics, alchemy, sword and spear faster, while women learn medical skills, mace and hammer.
-changed sizes - by default female drows are larger than males, and albinos are even larger. I made them all 60k.
-no longer evil - this is for story reason. Dungeonevened became the new capital, Murknightmare fell along with old elites.
-petting - drows, driders and quaggoths can now pet animals.
-personality changes - drows are now friendlier and less hateful, though they still aren't the nicest ones around.

Panties and scarves, the staple of drow fashion, are back.

New (default) drow pets include deep rothe, cavvekans, hairy spiders, monstrous spiders, blade spiders, pack lizards, riding lizards, spitting lizards and quaggoths. No trolls this time.

Faerie fire got nerfed hard. Already affected creatures can't be targettes, the effects are less severe, and there's a small chance it won't cause dizziness or nausea or whatever the syndrome does.

Also added some stuff I had lying around:
-deep juniper - a plant. Berries are brewable into drow gin
-scorrow - a drider but scorpion. Effect of a curse.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2020, 03:00:01 am »

I've been going like crazy lately. No need to beat around the bush, let's get to the news:

World of Flesh by squamous - a conversion with a rather unsettling theme. Another unsettling thing about it is the ratio of civilized creatures to wild animals. Since the mod hasn't been updated, I skipped the civs.
Fleshy plants now grow only in evil regions.

Monster Hunter mod - processing this one made me realize what a great series I've missed. I even wanted to start from the beginning and emulate the first game with catastrophical effects.
Let's get back to what really matters, shall we? The domestic monsters went to dwarves just because the common domeatic list got a bit bloated.

Aeramore expansion - it's not as good as I thought it would be
 Most creatures are just resized versions of existing critters, and the ridiculous number of metals simply clutters the forge menu. I couldn't be bothered to edit entity files, so I just skipped the civs.

Dwarfest Dungeon by ZM5 - very solid mod. In Dungeonevened Pelagics were buying our mussel shell crafts while sthe Swinefolk sent two thieves - a wretch who made a drow's skin and eyes dissolve, and a swinetaur that marched straight into regrouping troops during a siege. A lot has changed since then, and I'm excited to see those changes in the next story fort.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4