Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A fort update every 10 (in-game) years: Chucktool  (Read 1002 times)

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
A fort update every 10 (in-game) years: Chucktool
« on: February 05, 2020, 12:47:28 am »

Starting at the day of creation (really 5 years after), I'll be having a fort where one can only see the development of it, every 10 in-game years. It's a dumb idea I know, but this is what I think of most of the time; just lazy ideas. Starting in year 5. Wait until year 15 for an update!

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A fort update every 10 (in-game) years: Chucktool
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 02:03:30 am »

Neat idea! How large is the embark and how many dwarfs you intend to keep?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 02:28:10 am »

Why not give us a 'first update,' so we can compare it's current state to year 15? Right now this thread is just a tease.

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 07:10:45 am »

It's about 7 dwarves, many of them have a main job, with several smaller jobs just in case they have to. The first dwarf, Giltsplits is a furnace operator. The second dwarf, Wheeledclasp is a brewer. The third, Arrowglzed is a butcher. The fourth, Tamelashes, is a mechanic. The fifth, Equalcloistered is a wood burner. The sixth, Brigdegilds is a grower and a speardwarf. The seventh and final dwarf, Platedknife is an architect and is a speardwarf. All of them have combat stats just in case they have to fight off a gobbo or something like that. The only mod I have is a bread-making mod that I've made myself. It's just there so four can be used. I'll post the layout of the fort when it's done.

I intend to keep around 21 dwarves (max pop cap set). It's small to avoid FPS death, at least until the items/cats start to pile up.

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 10:53:12 am »

1st level (Food, Clothes, anything that is not stone, wood, or metal level):

The first area in the middle was the temporary meeting zone, but it will now be refurbished into the Trade Depot area. The area on the right is the farming one, for making drinks, and for cooking with plants. The area on the left is the butchering/meat one.

2nd level (Wood level):

Self-explanatory.

3rd level (Stone and metal level):

Ditto. The first area on the top is stone. The second area on the bottom is metal, along with ores.

4th level (Dwarven personal areas level):

Ditto. The one on the bottom is the dwarves' bedrooms. The areas on the left are for guild halls. The area on the left is the meeting/eating area.

5th level (Barracks level):

Ditto. All of my dwarves will be in here at least twice (all of my dwarves will be in the military). 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:54:40 am by ArrowheadArcher »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 10:55:38 am »

PTW.  Yo, Arrow - you can embed images with [img] tags. There's a button for it.