Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Imperial Armory manufacture - Clothes, bags and dinosaurs  (Read 1623 times)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Imperial Armory manufacture - Clothes, bags and dinosaurs
« on: October 08, 2019, 03:34:08 pm »

I'm not in a mood for modding, but don't worry, I'm not abandoning my modpack yet. I'm guessing that actually playing may spark that modding fire once again, but I did want some twist on this fort. How about... dinosaurs and... fashion! That's it, the only things Imperial Armory exports are clothes, but to make things more interesting a few mods are in play:

-Primal by Enemy Post
-What Lurks Below by ZM5
-Asin's Expanded Fantasy Mod by Asin
-All Races Playable by Lovechild
-More Leather mod by Sackhead
-Animal Diversification project by me (only extinct animals not included in Primal)
-Tannable scales and chitin by me

Dwarf... Humaning?

Humans are ripe for the picking!
Starting 7:
SQ Peachclap - clothier/manager - branch manager (male 25, likes Troodons, Beelzebufo meat, grape wine)
?? Martyrshock - spearman - chief security officer (male 21, likes Compsognathuses, Polacanthus meat, cassava beer)
?? Clinchchucked - miner/mechanic - maintenance engineer (male 26, likes brown recluse spider meat(!), foxtail millet beer)
?? Obeycooks - record keeper/brewer - secretary (female 35, likes Styracosauruses, Purlovia meat, slime beer)
?? Stickshoveled - butcher/tanner - processing engineer (male 23, likes turnip plants (really), Aepycamelus cheese, mead)
?? Stoppedbasements - grower/brewer/cook - caterer (male 27, likes Armigatus meat and sweet potato wine)
?? Oiledrasps - appraiser/wood cutter/carpenter - sales executive (female 30, likes Compsognathuses, cave fish meat and dwarven rum)

Others:
None yet

In their infinite wisdom the Armory's board of executives has announced the creation of a new manufacture, most likely due to our company's biggest competitor, Gucem, expanding their selection rapidly while we have not released a new collection since the last spring. I, SQ, have been chosen to be the branch manager of the new outpost. Where will said outpost be located?

The Jungle of Devourers. The name sounds foreboding, but I have been assured that the area is very close to several high elven cities, although there are still no real roads, and the woods are still full of dinosaurs that will either serve as material for Imperial Armory products or will be our end.

Other than the nature we will be dealing with neighbors of many races; other than human merchants from our company and our high elven customers, we will be trading with dwarves and wood elves who have not been constituting for a large percentage of sales in the past. We hope to establish a fruitful cooperation with those two demographics.
Goblins and orcs may be harder to sell to, maybe even impossible due to existing conflicts between them and, well, the entire civilized world.

My six acquaintances and I have been provided with everything we will need to satisfy our basic needs; everything else we will have to take from the unforgiving wilderness and our unforgiving customers. Other than those supples, we have been given four Poebrotheriums for wool production, four Compsognathuses to protect our stocks from vermins, and two Dilophosauruses for defense.

Finally after a long trek we have arrived! Ere the Inestrancevias get hungry! Let's strike the earth!

We've just embarked and we've already made our first mistake - no axe. That's okay, because we can still dig and smelt. As humans we'll be living aboveground, exposed to elements and dinosaurs. I just hope we won't get insane the very second rain starts.

And no, this isn't LCM canon.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Armory manufacture - Clothes, bags and dinosaurs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 04:49:40 pm »

Human me, or whatever, the next mechanic that turns up.  Put me in charge of 'advertising' using useless mechanical doodads spread out around the embark, (a few windmills here and there).
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 05:53:16 pm »

Please human me as Martyrshock please ! Also if I can have all relevant informations about him, that would be perfect. Good luck on your run !

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 07:11:38 pm »

Hey, cool, you're playing Primal! This'll be fun to watch. Please human me as Stoppedbasements. He likes Armigatus, and I enjoyed making the fish.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 05:49:07 am »

A fort that gets eaten by dinosaurs will be interesting.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 10:00:55 pm »

Count me in! Human me as "Lucky"  The Fisherman!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:03:27 pm by Luckyowl »

archivis

• Bay Watcher
  • I am not here. Remember me not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 10:20:56 pm »

:)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 01:03:45 am »

Aw man, this is gonna be a blast. Are there any clothing expansions included in those mods, or is it just the extra leather?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext