Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Men Of Flamebite  (Read 1241 times)

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
The Men Of Flamebite
« on: January 21, 2020, 01:02:06 pm »

We have been exiled. Why? Because Our EX-majesty has exiled us for the crime of
Wait for it ...

- not making a slade throne.
Why? Because she wants a room made entirely out of precious materials. WITH A SLADE THRONE TO TOP IT OFF.
urgh.

My name is Rovod Crankgear, Metalsmith, and we are exiled because of the machinations of a daft half-insane queen who was dropped seven times by the previous queen as a baby.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Men Of Flamebite
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 01:08:21 pm »

Granite 15
We have arrived at a great jungle. Me and Kadol searched the wagon we had been given for supplies. There was a pick, a battle axe, two barrels of ale, fifteen plump helmets and a pig tail rope.

To start off, I have designated every tree on the map to be chopped down. Better do it before the hippies come and complain.

Slate 2
Some giant thrips have appeared. They are on top of a tree. I order the tree not to be cut - its down. And silly Deduk has been covered in thrips. They wander off, luckily.

(Sorry about the lack of pictures, I will post very frequently.)
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:16 pm »

I forgot what date it is, something 4 no 8, no 3? 5? I think I'm losing my mind
I have lost track of time. I mean, there are no calendars, all I do is plant alfafa, haul alfafa to the stockpiles and PLANT MORE F'CKING ALFAFA.

Oh. I should introduce you to my freinds.
I used to be a metalsmith apprentice but now I'm a planter.
Deduk, the woodcutter - the one that cut down the tree full of thrips.
Kadol, the fisherdwarf. Likes slade. And eating JUMPING SPIDERS!?!!? Why? Nobody knows. What even is slade? I am beginning to think he was sent here by the queen to keep an eye on us.
Rovod and Reg, peasants. Now planters. They are lovers. Reg likes horses and blue jade.
Erib, the carpenter. He likes peach wood and bismuth bronze.

My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Nil Udoskosh

• Escaped Lunatic
  • And They Sang 'Sword!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 06:23:30 pm »

Ah, a story thread, interesting. May I request dorfing?
“A man is better than the worst thing he's ever done.”

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 12:21:06 pm »

Yeah sure. Name, preferred gender and preferred profession?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh great.
Really.
It is raining putrid mucus.
The weather has cleared.
It is raining putrid mucus.

Why is it raining MUCUS of all things.
Not rain, not snow, MUCUS that causes swelling of the fingers.
That has got to be the most random syndrome ever.
Why didn't I read the map?

Oh well. EVERYBODY GET INSIDE!!! HAUL ALL THE FOOD, FORGET THE ROPE!!!!

Wait migrants? Leave them.
The door is locked.
Somebody peeks out.
I copied the others unit list down here:
tiger corpse
tiger corpse
stray water buffalo cow repugnant mist wretch
stray horse repugnant mist wretch
kea corpse
kea corpse
kea corpse
kea corpse
kea corpse
stray llama repugnant mist wretch
Udil Indigobells, Keet repugnant mist wretch
Avuz Hallportent, Tanner repugnant mist wretch
Tholtig Roofpole, Brewer repugnant mist wretch
Ast Pikesplatter, Peasant repugnant mist wretch
Onul Dutycalled, Peasant repugnant mist wretch

Wait - Onul is Proficient Biter.
Uh oh.
I think we embarked in an evil biome. She was certainly trying to get us killed.

There is a cloud of repugnant mist hovering over the entrance.
Those thrips were normal, luckily.
Why did I not notice that earlier?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 12:38:18 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 04:12:46 pm »

Yow. That's a lot of nasty stuff for one evil biome.  :o
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 12:47:24 pm »

I left for popcorn and juice and this happened because I forgot to pause. Luckily we appear to have eleven dwarves actually inside due to an erlier wave.
Anyway, back to the chaos of the Deadly Jungle.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it appears that the surface is dead to us now. Unless that cloud of mist goes away, and the undead migrants.
Meanwhile, only three dwarves are not gumming up the hospital with the injury of "My fingers are slightly larger". Great.
Well, time to meet the migrants.
Doren Waxkey the brewer.
Aban Claspvessel the farmer.
Tirist Trumpetcheese the peasant.
Amost Dukelever the carpenter.
Atis Splatterchair the mason.

Deduk,me and Reg are the only ones actually working instead of piling on the one hospital bed. Really?
Anyway, I tell the dwarves that the hospital has been disabled till they stop complaining.
They just get off the bed and cover the floor while complainining of a minor injury nonstop and spamming my announcements with canceled jobs. Apparently they are "too injured" to do anything.

Rovod Crankgear, Metalsmith is throwing a tantrum!

AHHHHGGGG STOP THIS NOW
GRRRRRRRRR
GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND WORK!
NOW!!!!!!
STOP THIS MADNESS!!!!!

"throws  table across the meeting hall"
The flying -oaken table- strikes the brewer in the upper body, bruising the muscle, bruising the skin, cracking the left lower true rib and shattering the left lower true rib!
The metalsmith punches the carpenter in the left lower leg, bruising the fat!
The metalsmith attacks the carpenter but He rolls away!
The metalsmith scratches the carpenter in the head, tearing the skin!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 12:52:15 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Nil Udoskosh

• Escaped Lunatic
  • And They Sang 'Sword!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 02:38:32 pm »

I want someone in the military, name them "Nil Udoskosh", gender is not important. Great stuff so far!
“A man is better than the worst thing he's ever done.”

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 10:59:37 am »

A military is important if we are to reclaim the surface. I draft Tirist and order him to pick up the rhyolite kindling axe newly created in the Rockforge. People have gotten to work. WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE HOSPITAL. Oh. Your ribs have been shattered. Why are they shattered? Because I threw a table at him. Why do I constantly lose my temper?

He is in a constant state of internal rage.
Oh.

In other news, Tirist has decided to call himself Nil Udoskosh. Strange. I think the mist might have gotten to him.

We decide to sneak a peek at some lizard people. Turns out lizard people are immune to the repugnant mist for some mysterious reason. We might use these three lizard men to reclaim the surface.

Good. It appears that the tribal chieftain has agreed to work on a outdoors farming area. And clean up the repugnant mist. YEAH!

DFHACK RULES!!!! TWEAK MAKEOWN IS AWESOME!

(I'm using Masterwork with Monstrous Manual.And the migrant races mod.And DFhack.)
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:51 pm »

Weel my dad was "cleaning the computer" today. All my mods and my save in the bin. Now I have to reinstall DF and my mods. Flamebite is unretrievable. And he said it was by "accident". Yeah. Right. You never approved of me playing "violent" games.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll