Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Categorised Job Orders  (Read 692 times)

Dimaethoron276

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Categorised Job Orders
« on: January 22, 2020, 01:55:39 am »

Good day

I've been playing dwarf fortress now for the better half of five years and always seem to come to the same "road block" in prospective forts (150+ Dwarves)

In the work orders list (j-m) i find it very easy to lose track of what is being produced especially if one is trying to automate industries in a large fort. A simple example would be to make drinks (Make 10 barrels (if there is at least 50 wood)), (produce 1 drink from non rotten plant (If 10 drink plant is available, less then 10 drinks but no more then 20)) you get the just. This is all fair untill you get into the bigger industres suh as textile or metal works. The (j-m) list can get very long and i (Not sure who else i speak for) find it very difficult to keep track of single and multiple work orders all in one.

My suggestion

In the (j-m) list, have different tabs (At least two) or even sub-tabs for once off jobs and forever jobs, or many labeled tabs that one could be customize for the different industries (similar to the tabs listed in the stocks (z)) to make permenent job orders more controlled, but seperated and orderly.

Kind regards