Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: AI Rights  (Read 26652 times)

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AI Rights
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2020, 07:20:20 pm »

my opinion is that AI should only have rights once they reach a certain point in consciousness (can AI even have a consciousness)

take Fallout 4 (bad example but its the first one that comes to mind) for example

in Fallout 4 (trying to explain this without spoilers is hard, im also going to assume you have never played Fallout 4) there is a faction called the Institute that are basically a group of scientists that are trying to rebuild humanity and they use synths (which are basically androids) to do "field work" (ie combat, physical labor, etc etc).

there are 3 types of androids

Gen-1 - basically your standard robot similar to the Skeletons from Kenshi (great game btw)

Gen-2 - similar to the androids from Ridley Scott's Alien (great movie btw)

Gen-3 - similar to the androids from Detroit: Become Human

basically i think that the Gen-3 androids should have rights and i dont give a fuck about the Gen-1 or Gen-2 androids

human-like androids should have rights but not robots
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:07:10 am by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2020, 07:26:10 pm »

Don't worry about spoiling Fallout 4.  It's a decent RPG story game, but its understanding of AI is shit.

You are saying that synthetic beings should be afforded right when they are semi-human like in Detroid: Become Human.

That's a normal, very natural, take.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2020, 07:30:28 pm »

Is that a fact?  I do love the Conner-Hank dialogue, but I'm skeptical about how much of it is ad-lib.  Because there are so many branches.  Maybe the natural route is ad-lib?

Probably a lot less than I thought.  I remember such being mentioned in the Best Friends LPs of the game, but apparently Connor's VA did a LP on twitch at some point and he gave a bit of behind-the-scenes comments on some bits of the game.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2020, 07:38:51 pm »

-
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:50:17 am by ArchimedesWojak »
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2020, 07:46:57 pm »

Don't worry about spoiling Fallout 4.  It's a decent RPG story game, but its understanding of AI is shit.

You are saying that synthetic beings should be afforded right when they are semi-human like in Detroid: Become Human.

if they can make proper human decisions then there is no reason not to give them rights

if Dave The Android wanted rights he can have rights

but if 01001101 01110010 00100000 01010010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 01101111 rolled up to me and asked for freedom i would take off his brakes and kick him in the direction of the labor camps
why would you give Dave rights and not Mr. Roboto? They both asked for freedom/rights

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2020, 08:05:33 pm »

Mr Roboto is that one robot you made in your high school robotics class thats basically R.O.B from Nintendo but made with Legos, A few wires, A shitty motor, some wheels and very basic programming

(sorry i just can't delete this masterpiece)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:52:23 am by ArchimedesWojak »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2020, 08:09:03 pm »

if they can make proper human decisions then there is no reason not to give them rights

if Dave The Android wanted rights he can have rights

but if 01001101 01110010 00100000 01010010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 01101111 rolled up to me and asked for freedom i would take off his brakes and kick him in the direction of the labor camps
why would you give Dave rights and not Mr. Roboto? They both asked for freedom/rights

Dave is somewhat human

Mr Roboto is that one robot you made in your high school robotics class thats basically R.O.B from Nintendo but made with Legos, A few wires, A shitty motor, some wheels and very basic programming
Ah, I see

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2020, 08:19:47 pm »

The more I think about "AI Rights", I start wondering - just what is a "right" in the first place, and what does it mean to grant them to any entity?

Also on the flip side - what would an AI do with its rights, if it were granted them?

What I'm getting at with this train of thought is that "rights" are a surprisingly human construct, and perhaps its hubris in thinking that other entities would need or even want such a construct.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2020, 08:22:22 pm »

Exactly.  What is a person, and what is an animal?
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2020, 08:23:22 pm »

thanks
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2020, 08:31:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:53:16 am by ArchimedesWojak »

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2020, 08:35:37 pm »

thanks

yeah thats also true

if me saying that really made you upset im sorry it was meant to be a joke

last time i made a joke like this the guy revealed he had really bad depression and suicidal issues so i just wanted to make sure

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2020, 08:40:36 pm »

thanks

yeah thats also true

if me saying that really made you upset im sorry it was meant to be a joke

last time i made a joke like this the guy revealed he had really bad depression and suicidal issues so i just wanted to make sure

(Yeah no I'm fucking with you, its cool)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2020, 08:45:35 pm »

She/they

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2020, 08:51:23 pm »

Behold! A human! (A chicken with no feathers)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13