Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i add missing creature graphics for masterwork dwarf fortress?  (Read 1011 times)

justas246

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm completely new to modding and pixel art and i think i`ll start by adding in the missing graphics for the creatures (For those that have a letter D or N instead of the creature image itself).

I did check the wiki - Tileset, but i had problems undeerstanding it. Where can i find entities and their linked images? Specifically the giant saurrion i wanna add in graphics for him. Is it possible?
Im a complete beginner at this so all the details will help tremendously

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: How do i add missing creature graphics for masterwork dwarf fortress?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 04:59:00 pm »

Do you have a graphic in the right dimensions you want to use? It could also be that your graphic pack is unproperly installed. Do any masterwork creatures show up with the proper graphics.

justas246

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 06:21:07 pm »

most and all creatures have graphics. but some just are letters and i dont mind it it just removes my immersion sometimes. I guess i will reinstall masterwork and see if it fixes it (i have all the mods enabled in there)

justas246

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 06:30:25 pm »

OH if u go into the masterwork folder there should be a folder called Meph Tileset - Tile explanation and Legend - Creatures it lists all the creatures and all i wanna do is add the missing creature pictures in so it wouldnt be .TXt or empty.   How do i do that? do i just add in the pictures in the empty slot :d?
The missing creature images might have all been added already but there are still some creatures without artwork and i just wanna find them in the files and add my own artwork so i could see them in the game instead of the letter D (how do i do exactly that?).   If it's a problem with my masterwork i guess ill contact and fix them cause i dont know if they should have their own graphics
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:59:50 pm by justas246 »