Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113607 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Mystville [Game Thread]
« on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:16 pm »

Day 0.

It's late afternoon as the last of the traveling adventurers arrive in Mystville, a small village at the boundary between a vast unknown forest and the rest of the world. The travelers soon gather near the village square, where one of the locals, a man with light brown hair wearing a tidy set of formal village clothes, begins making his introductions.

"Hello and welcome to Mystville, everyone! My name is Aven and I am the operations manager for the Mystville Adventuring Company." He takes a moment to look at the group with an expression full of wonder and hope.

"We as a village can't express how grateful we are to have you all here in our time of need. As you all probably know, we have been dealing with an unexplainable and destructive force that has recently become a serious threat to our lives and wellbeing." His expression becomes solemn.

"The creatures that have been attacking us seem... deranged, crazed. Their eyes are a maddening red, and they seem to have lost all reason, even for beasts. Many of them look like typical creatures of the forest - wolves and stags and boars, while others are... unlike anything I've seen in my life..."

"...But you've all traveled a long way and must be tired. So please, make yourselves at home and rest well for the night. There's no need to rush anything, as I'm sure I speak for the entire village when I say that we all feel much much safer already seeing you all here." He smiles warmly.

"We've set up some living spaces for you all in our visitor boarding house, or alternatively if you prefer, there are some outdoor tents to rest in as well. We're a pretty small establishment, so we don't have much else to offer, but do feel free to use our facilities and browse our wares." He gestures to various locations around the village square.

"Oh, and... if you do travel beyond the village into the forest, please be careful. The creatures out there are deadly, and heading out alone would be ill-advised. Stay safe..." He gives a solemn smile.

"Anyway, please, get comfortable! I will be here in the village square if anyone needs anything." Aven heads to the nearby village square, keeping a friendly smile and an orderly posture as he checks some paperwork and waits for any questions or concerns the adventurers might have.

Meanwhile, some of the nearby villagers curiously glance at the strange and varied-looking group of adventurers. A middle-aged man in blue and white robes bows from afar, and two teen-aged girls seem to be quietly but passionately chatting with each other while observing the group from behind one of the houses. An older looking man wearing armor and carrying a polearm stands guard near the village square, occasionally glancing at the group.

The late afternoon sun perches just above the treetops of the nearby forest surrounding the village, as a chilly yet refreshing wind blows past, swaying the trees. What lurks beyond the lush green vegetation in the depths of the shadows and beyond, only the forest itself knows.

Map of village:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GM Note: We are actually running this game as four GMs: MeimieFan88, Mahoroty, Frank, and A5G_Reaper. So don't be startled when one of us posts in the thread!

We have a discord server - feel free to join but it's not mandatory~ Link: https://discord.gg/pftU8Z

Also, here is a greeting from A5G_Reaper (his account is still awaiting activation):

(((((((((((((The game begins!)))))))))))))
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 12:23:21 pm »

Game Info and Mechanics

Character Sheets
Village Shops

Spoiler: "Attributes" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Levels" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Stamina and Fatigue" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Combat Mechanic" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Combat Map Rules" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Basic Combat Actions" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Exploration Mechanic" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Enemies" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Equipment" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Alchemy" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 04:03:40 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 01:24:59 pm »

One-Eye'd Jack will take a tent.  The one furthest from the village.

Will spend the evening walking the village perimeter, and looking for useful detritus, (sticks, rocks, what kind of trees there are, plantlife, etc..[assume he is spamming his detect hidden item ability]) before turning in[/i]. (estimated 4 hours walking, at least 2 full circuits of the village perimeter)

He will also do Detect Forest Intruder checks at regular intervals. (~ every 30 min)

Final task before bedtime: Set snares around tent. (scavenged wood, low quality twine in inventory)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:42:45 pm by wierd »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 01:45:59 pm »

Doctor Doak will take a room in the building, but will immediately journey to the apothecary to discuss their wares and how they make them, hopefully gaining some knowledge of the local flora and fauna.

Take particular interest in concoctions that disable creatures in some capacity (making them unconscious, experience a great deal of pain, make them less hostile, that sort of nonsense).

Look to gather ingredients for some potions to make myself, using knowledge gained from my interaction with the apothecary.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:19:37 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 02:39:39 pm »

"Adventuring company..." Linea sighed. Since when did exploring dungeon and facing unknown danger had become a source of income? It was not only foolish but also a waste of time and potential, she thought. But that very notion quickly faded into a strange feeling of sympathy as she realized how isolated this small village from the rest of the world. No government nor kings would send help to them, and it was just natural for those adventurers and their company to emerge from such circumstances.

She decided to keep her mouth shut and not say anything.

The boarding house was quite a nice place to stay. Her room may not be as cozy as her quarter in Delta Two or one of the luxury suite in Rosemary inn, but at least it was well-ventilated, the bed was warm and clean and the roof above her was solid.

Thinking about the Rosemary, Linea wondered what her dear mentor was doing right now. Everything would be a lot easier if she mastered her mentor's eye ability, but that was like asking for the impossible.

"Well, I guess it's time to find some allies."

After unpacked her things, Linea went downstairs to meet the other 'adventurer' so she could get to know some of them better.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 02:50:00 pm »

Jack Flush wanders about, finds the visitor boarding house, and starts trying to gamble with anyone that’ll play.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 09:20:51 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 03:11:00 pm »

Raine Briardance decided to take some time to look around the town. She would also use her flight ability to fly upwards to get a bird's eye view of the town. From directly above the town, she would check for any landmarks in the forest if there were any that were large enough to not be obscured by the numerous trees...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 09:37:48 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 03:22:30 pm »

Dularach begins the day by approaching the man with a polearm asking a bit about the beast that have been attacking the village, after which he decides to get a drink and enjoy a few huffs from his pipe, once it starts getting dark he finds a nice place near the edge of the village to burrow underground and creating a place to rest similar to what a trapdoor spider does
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:47:37 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 08:07:47 pm »

Day 0.

It's late afternoon as the last of the traveling adventurers arrive in Mystville, a small village at the boundary between a vast unknown forest and the rest of the world. The travelers soon gather near the village square, where one of the locals, a man with light brown hair wearing a tidy set of formal village clothes, begins making his introductions.

"Hello and welcome to Mystville, everyone! My name is Aven and I am the operations manager for the Mystville Adventuring Company." He takes a moment to look at the group with an expression full of wonder and hope.

"We as a village can't express how grateful we are to have you all here in our time of need. As you all probably know, we have been dealing with an unexplainable and destructive force that has recently become a serious threat to our lives and wellbeing." His expression becomes solemn.

"The creatures that have been attacking us seem... deranged, crazed. Their eyes are a maddening red, and they seem to have lost all reason, even for beasts. Many of them look like typical creatures of the forest - wolves and stags and boars, while others are... unlike anything I've seen in my life..."

"...But you've all traveled a long way and must be tired. So please, make yourselves at home and rest well for the night. There's no need to rush anything, as I'm sure I speak for the entire village when I say that we all feel much much safer already seeing you all here." He smiles warmly.

"We've set up some living spaces for you all in our visitor boarding house, or alternatively if you prefer, there are some outdoor tents to rest in as well. We're a pretty small establishment, so we don't have much else to offer, but do feel free to use our facilities and browse our wares." He gestures to various locations around the village square.

"Oh, and... if you do travel beyond the village into the forest, please be careful. The creatures out there are deadly, and heading out alone would be ill-advised. Stay safe..." He gives a solemn smile.

"Anyway, please, get comfortable! I will be here in the village square if anyone needs anything." Aven heads to the nearby village square, keeping a friendly smile and an orderly posture as he checks some paperwork and waits for any questions or concerns the adventurers might have.

Meanwhile, some of the nearby villagers curiously glance at the strange and varied-looking group of adventurers. A middle-aged man in blue and white robes bows from afar, and two teen-aged girls seem to be quietly but passionately chatting with each other while observing the group from behind one of the houses. An older looking man wearing armor and carrying a polearm stands guard near the village square, occasionally glancing at the group.

The late afternoon sun perches just above the treetops of the nearby forest surrounding the village, as a chilly yet refreshing wind blows past, swaying the trees. What lurks beyond the lush green vegetation in the depths of the shadows and beyond, only the forest itself knows.

Map of village:

GM Note: We are actually running this game as four GMs: MeimieFan88, Mahoroty, Frank, and A5G_Reaper. So don't be startled when one of us posts in the thread!

We have a discord server - feel free to join but it's not mandatory~ Link: https://discord.gg/pftU8Z

Also, here is a greeting from A5G_Reaper (his account is still awaiting activation):

(((((((((((((The game begins!)))))))))))))
The ironclad slayer checked the surroundings first, checking for a sign if there where greenskin's snooping around. When he found footsteps around village where the villagers wouldn't normally walk to. He immediately suspected greenskins. Not surprising since the village seems vulnerable to such attack considering there are no walls.

"WHERE ARE THE WALLS!?" He cried. Walking towards the nearest townsguard he can find.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:27:17 am by invul_nerable »

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 08:46:47 pm »

Obadiah Turn 1

Whidiee

• Bay Watcher
  • Rolling around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 08:55:51 pm »

Sometimes, Shania regretted that she never took her goddaughter's advice seriously.

"You never take it from anyone if they began suggested any kind of physical exercise." A voice commented dryly.

And sometimes, she knows that bludgeon her Arendal to the invisible creature at her side will bring a certain degree of satisfaction, but it wouldn't do any good to her already aching body. One wouldn't sustain a healthy dose amount of patience after tiring themselves, less when they had done one week non-stop travel with someone who constantly nagging about how weak their stamina.

A moment passed, and Kinnara solemnly agreed to not poked on that subject further... for today, at least. It wasn't because his Mistress gave him a stink eye. No. Of course not.

"Get some rest. I will see what I can do..." He darted his deep-green eyes around with a dim interest.

"Yes, yes please." Shania huffed and waving her hand in 'shoo' motion.

Shania had been told several times that the ache in her everywhere would die down soon after the first three days, which in her case is, bullshit. She dragged her body to the guest house, giving a brief half-nod to some villagers. Her eyes lit up at the sight of a real bed and wasting no time to lay dead like a stone.

While Shania asleep, her contracted spirit Kinnara wandering around at the village.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 09:45:06 pm by Whidiee »
"Courage isn't lack of fear; it's being afraid yet keep doing something anyway." - Six of Wands

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 09:52:04 pm »

AbductingPicking up Dolo the Rockbold from behind, Laemmle put him on her lap and cuddling him. She turn her face to Liz and speak.

"You seems kinda malnourished and lack of sleep. Wanna sneak out to the cafeteria or something?" She said with gentle smile.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 10:16:04 pm »

Back to the lobby, it seemed no one from the adventurer group was here.

Heh, fine. let's have some conversation with the caretaker.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 01:19:16 am »

Maslarein begins to wander around the village, talking to random people and helping anyone he sees with whatever they’re doing, be it carrying food or building a wall. If he sees anyone looking exhausted or injured, he’ll try to make them feel better with Lay on Hands. As soon as Maslarein can’t find anyone new to help, he’ll go to the boarding house.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:34:01 am by LovecraftianFairyTale »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 04:54:32 am »

Burt wandered around the town for a bit before finally going to the market and looking at everything for sale in it, and after a bit more wandering he'd eventually go to sleep in one of the unclaimed tents.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:10:30 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 142