Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113570 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1740 on: May 03, 2020, 12:58:45 pm »

The party went northeast from the village, travelling in peace for a few hours. The quiet wouldn't last, however - as the crisp sound of running water started getting louder, the local animals riled to insanity made their presence known. From within the bushes, sprinting across open clearings, the small horde charged. It was... rabid raccoons. Barely larger than a toddler, the mad creatures were nonetheless a threat if amassed in larger number.

Though, thankfully, there's only about a dozen of them in this part. Silver linings.

Spoiler: "Combat Map" (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 03, 2020, 05:24:17 pm »

((Where are we? Where are the raccoons?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 04, 2020, 08:20:49 am »

"Damn raccoons, why are there so many of them?"
Burt threw commanded his fox to go and attack the raccoons, while he shot them with his rifle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 04, 2020, 09:56:35 am »

Spawn in S5 (the hex that is NE of the center hex)
(Will put combat actions here when we get where the enemies are relative to our positions)

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 05, 2020, 12:32:06 am »

Oh good, you’re coming with me, I was hoping one of the fire mates could accompany us to help with the spores, but I guess they have other plans. We’ll catch up with them eventually, making a new path
"Whaaat? I thought we get along with each other well, considering we both saved each other from the river." The slayer teased.

"Eitherway, you need not worry, I actually have tools here for creating fire, plus we can always improvise with deerhead here."

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 05, 2020, 03:00:18 am »

(if i'm with that group)
spawn me in tile r4
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 05, 2020, 03:24:49 am »

Linea, Edwarg, Jack, and Dixie travel for hours, heading northwest towards the lake. They eventually reach the tower, deciding if they should take a break or continue onwards.

A light groan soon comes from Jack's pouch where the unconscious pixie was being carried, followed by some movement. Stopping to look inside for a moment, Jack sees that the pixie is finally coming to.

The creature becomes startled upon seeing Jack, and leaps out of the pouch and into the air. It looks around, eyes darting between Jack and the others. "Who are you people!? Poachers or perverts!? You look a little familiar so I'm gonna guess perverts who were stalking me! What were you doing with me?? Oh I don't even want to imagine it!" The pixie looks to be in fight or flight mode, ready to decide between the two options.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 05, 2020, 04:11:13 am »

Jack jumped forward a bit like a startled animal, as the pixie woke up with gusto, and took to the air.

It took a moment for the accusations being lodged against his character to sink in, and to register. He'd been called a pervert before, but this was a whole other kind of accusation.

Whoa, whoa there-- I was just carryin' ya. I s'pose ye don' remember nothin..  Not surprisin, Mama here dinna 'member much neither..

He stammered, realizing he was jumping too far a head, and being inadvertently rude in the process. He took a breath, and tried to start again.

---- I'm Jack. Ye don't gots ta worry none 'bout me-- I's jus'.... I take care of sick forests.  'Ere's sommin ... wrong... goin' on in dis one.  This ol' bear behin' me, she had a same problem at you did-- He fumbled in his bag and pulled out the jar containing the disgusting parasitic plant specimen. ... All a critters 'round 'ere seems ta have em... Seems, e'en fores' spirits like yaself.  I dunno if'n ye can talks with critters like me or not.. but.. If'n ye can, ye can talk ta mama 'ere if'n ye want... Been spendin all muh time with 'er lately... He offered the jar with a noticeable bit of disgust in his expression. Makes what'er theys growin in suffer terrible-- Unspeakable pain, and crazy impulses. Ya should feel better now at we pulled it outta yer head an' all--- I's just carryin' ya, ta make sure ya was safe's all...  Ya doin be'er now?  Ya got a name? Friends? Fam'ly?  If ya knows more abou' what's causin' these.... THANGS... ta get in everybody ou' 'ere.... ....

It was clear that talking was not something Jack was used to doing-- it kept wandering all over the place.

.. Look, we gots ta stop 'is, afore everythang dies from it..  Fores' caint handle all the critters goin nuts all at once-- We's on our way to follow up on a lead concernin missin persons right naow, but ye can tag along ifn' ye want... I could use any help ye got in gettin at leas' part o' this forest back right again-- Ye caint imagine the suffrin goin' on.... 

Jack's expression seems to change to one that is looking into the center of the earth, or perhaps looking past what is in front of him, a million miles away, before kneeling and giving the old bear a nuzzle and a hug, more for his comfort than hers.

After several seconds, he stands again, dusts off the front of his trousers, and addresses the pixie again.

Sorry 'bout that..  I.. I jus' don' got words...   'Slong as yer' a'right... ...(jus one a' atime I tells muhself-- bu' it ain't 'nuff.... )
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:49:28 am by wierd »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 05, 2020, 06:12:47 am »

Oh good, you’re coming with me, I was hoping one of the fire mates could accompany us to help with the spores, but I guess they have other plans. We’ll catch up with them eventually, making a new path
"Whaaat? I thought we get along with each other well, considering we both saved each other from the river." The slayer teased.

"Eitherway, you need not worry, I actually have tools here for creating fire, plus we can always improvise with deerhead here."
we do get along, what made you think otherwise? I’m glad you came with, I was worried I’d be traveling alone
((Which of the blue hexes will you spawn in?]]

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 05, 2020, 06:25:12 am »

The pixie squints at Jack, trying to decide if he's telling the truth. She looks to the bear, who seems very friendly with him.

"...I suppose you could be telling the truth." She calms down a bit.

"...My name? I..." She concentrates for a moment. "...I can't remember! My head feels all empty. With bits and pieces of the emptiness torn and missing." She frustratedly shakes her head.

"Family and friends... I can't remember either! Oh god, what's happened!?"

She looks around, troubled.

"Everything is so familiar, yet I can't recall any specifics about anything. Something's wrong with me, that's for sure."

She looks to the bear, and flies toward her, gently petting her. "...I can tell she's not being led against her will or anything like that. I don't know how to speak with her though, or maybe I just don't remember how."

She flies back into mid air and looks to Jack. "I'll come with you. I'd like to find out more about what's happening, and it's not like I have anywhere else to go. As for what to call me..." She considers for a moment. "...Plune. I don't know why, but it's oddly familiar to me."
Ear teeth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 05, 2020, 06:53:00 am »

Doctor Doak spawns in cell T4
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 05, 2020, 07:02:06 am »

Jack's expression seemed to go slack, like all the wind had gone out of his sails.

'uh see.... he mused, before thumbing in his beard, and having that million mile vacant gaze return to his one working eye. Hate ta say it.. bu' might be be'er ya don' rumember... All mama there remembers is tha pain...  I was there ta help it best uh could... But I had ta have sombody else as can do... crazy stuff with magic... ta pull it outta her.. 

He looked up at the pixie, as she hovered in the air, alternating between irritably rubbing her head in worried confusion and looking at him intently.

... Same wit' you Miss Plune---  It tears me up that there ain't nothin' I know as keen .... Jacks face colored deep crimson, and his hand clenched around the jar like he wanted nothing more than the murder the contents in possibly the most violent and lurid way possible, before the white knickled grip relaxed, and a look of defeat once more washed over the old man's face, replacing the heated impotent rage with despair. .... I'd pull e'ery one o' dese damn WEEDS if'n I could....

Jack huffed a deep breath, then put the jar away again, talking while he set about that task.

No use worryin' 'bout what ya cain't do... Gotta focus on what ye CAN-- All anyone with a good soul keen do..  As fer right naow Miss Plune--- Jack looked up at the pixie, with a soft and tender expression, tempered with a bit of wry humor. --Is been a LONG day, an we needs ta get tucked in fer the night. Mama an' Me's got a spot we picked out th' last time we's been through these parts-- but I dun' think ye'd be too comfor'ble sleepin with a big ol' bear an' a battered ol' man like yurs truly-- Tell an ol' timer 'ere what ya needs in the way a sleepin' arrangements. I does muh best fer em. Least I can do. Ne'er cared fer a pixie afore...  this 'ere spot's been all..... "manicured" by at prissy ol bastard as what made that turgid lookin' stick o' rock shootin' up a' de damn sky like whore-house salute---  Mos'ly just grass an' trees roun' here... But, maybe I keen help wit' at now...  (Never ceases ta amaze me haow folks goes an' @#$%'s e'ery thang up in t'e name o' makin' thangs' "Purdy"... Specially em' magical types... Lofty idears and not a lick a sense.) Wish I had some seeds with me-- I'd plant things as is better suited here an all 'is endless grass.  Mebbe some clover, -er some deadnettles... Sommat to break up all the "sameness"... Place is damn unnatural, 's what it is...   Anyhow-- Don' mind a natterin ol man. I'll show ya where mama and me's picked out, an' ye can find a spot as suits ya sommat nearby. At way ya don' gotta go be around no fires like those three o'er there. I keen work a lil' magic 'ese days, but nothin fancy. Workin' at helpin thangs grow, at sorta thang.  Ifn' ye needs sommat special to bed down, lemme know, I'll see what I keen do. Gonna be 'nother long walk tommorah.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 05, 2020, 07:03:24 am »

Not wanting to delve into the technicalities that Dixie abducted Plune in the first place and may have killed one of her 'friends and family', she distanced herself from the conversation and gazed at the tower and its gate. Is it still intact? Has the goblin automaton returned?
I have a YouTube channel.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 05, 2020, 07:12:24 am »

Linea, Edwarg, Jack, and Dixie travel for hours, heading northwest towards the lake. They eventually reach the tower, deciding if they should take a break or continue onwards.

A light groan soon comes from Jack's pouch where the unconscious pixie was being carried, followed by some movement. Stopping to look inside for a moment, Jack sees that the pixie is finally coming to.

The creature becomes startled upon seeing Jack, and leaps out of the pouch and into the air. It looks around, eyes darting between Jack and the others. "Who are you people!? Poachers or perverts!? You look a little familiar so I'm gonna guess perverts who were stalking me! What were you doing with me?? Oh I don't even want to imagine it!" The pixie looks to be in fight or flight mode, ready to decide between the two options.

Linea's golden eyes reddened. She drew her knife and her magic readied in a sudden alert. Unbeknown to her, the creature had had its leash removed and now floating freely.

Although it showed no immediate aggression, the thing was practically free now. That means it could attack or flee any time now.

Damn Edwarg. She glanced furiously at the orc, who should be the one responsible for handling the prisoner, but then her anger transferred to the old druid as well. Who else had a nerve removing their only countermeasure in the name of animalistic compassion? Damn tree hugger!

Concluding that nothing can be done about this situation, the Elf maintained a composed stance while still holding her knife. She listened to what the creature had to say but try not to make any direct interaction.

At this point, extracting information from the pixie was no longer her first priority. But still, she was really mad, and part of her ached to run her knife through anyone responsible for the creature's now unfettered status.

Not wanting to delve into the technicalities that Dixie abducted Plune in the first place and may have killed one of her 'friends and family', she distanced herself from the conversation and gazed at the tower and its gate. Is it still intact? Has the goblin automaton returned?

"It's the damn tower." Said Linea, subtly trying to hide her thundering anger with a flat, unconcerned tone. "We should look for a place to camp and unless if you fancy sleeping outside, the tower is the only proper place to take shelter." She paused and looked at the towering building she once swore to turn into a giant furnace. Such an irony and it added more fuel into her already boiling anger.

"There is a chance that the automatons are still there. Or maybe not... But if we crossed path with any of them, especially that blasted Goblin, please don't say anything about our destination."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:32:21 am by Slyph »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 05, 2020, 08:32:05 am »

Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

"Sleep? I just woke up so I'm not tired at all! But if you all want to rest... I can sleep anywhere. Preferably closer to nature, though." Plune eyes the tower with mistrust. "In any case, I don't know how much sleeping I'll be doing."

She looks at the others who seem to be doing their own thing, and talking about entering the tower for shelter. "Y-Yeah I can just rest out here if that's okay."

The tower looks to be in the same condition as it was when the party arrived the first time to witness it. The goblin is nowhere to be found however, and the gates remain closed.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 142