Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113695 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1980 on: April 08, 2021, 07:39:37 am »

After having laid there for quite a while Burt finally gave up trying to go back to sleep, there was just to much light coming in through his hastily put up tent, so he took the tent down and headed towards the adventurers HQ thing and see if anything interesting had happened since he was last there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: April 08, 2021, 08:01:27 am »

Jack's eye shot so wide that for a moment it completely dominated his face.  Color drained from his cheeks, then he turned to face the angry swordsman.

WHAT THE *&#! ARE YA DOIN!?  DO THE WORDS "LAKE MONSTER" MEAN ANITHUN TO YA SON!?

ANYONES GOT A ROPE!? WE GOTS TA GET 'ER TA SHORE!!

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: April 08, 2021, 08:21:38 am »

Dixie is pushed towards the water. However, not wanting to get wet, the water freezes as soon as Dixie gets close to it, causing her to skid a lot further as a bridge of ice was immediately produced. "Is your trading business really worth my life, or did you forget the memo on what monster we're expecting?" She yells without looking back.

Not smiling. Possibly irritated.

Since she's already in her position, might as well be the bait. This proximity from the water makes it easiest for her to just freeze the predator the moment it decides to ambush.
Sun's close to setting. Dixie slowly walks further into the lake, the ice she's on gettng wider and extending downwards to avoid an attack from directly below.
I have a YouTube channel.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: April 08, 2021, 08:40:33 am »

Skye joke that Dexie is an offering to the Lake Monster with a shrug hands and smug face.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: April 08, 2021, 09:04:42 am »

Jack double-takes with the obviously dumb-as-rocks swordsman, and contemplates throwing HIM in the water (or asking Mama to eat him, to spare the rest of the party the danger he clearly poses), while Dixie continues her brazen stunt, as a small island of ice forms under her feet.

Words catch in Jack's throat, unable to be voiced, as his danger sensations explode behind his bulging eyeball, and threaten to overwhelm his composure, and make him turn tail and run.

A dark mass can be barely discerned growing in the lake water beneath the iceberg. Moments later, there is a loud "thud", felt more through the ground than actually heard, as ... Something...  hammers into the bottom of the iceberg with a lot of force, causing Dixie to fall over, and land on her butt.

Moments later, an enormous fish erupts from the water with a giant splash, on a downward collision course with the iceberg.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:16:19 am by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: April 08, 2021, 10:07:54 am »

As she falls to her bum and the iceberg tilts backwards, Dixie summons her Dagger of Destiny, stabs the iceberg with it, and pulls onto it to give herself some momentum. She then tucks her body, and causes a direct explosion on her shield to fling herself a short distance away just before the giant fish crashes onto the iceberg.

She groans. The sudden force is impacting her left arm the most. Her left ear is ringing loudly as well.

As she hits the water out of the iceberg, she positions herself for another controlled explosion on her shield to propel herself towards the team, surfing on thin, temporary slices of ice. She trips on the muddy shore, and slams her body onto Skye who dampened their impact with as much wind magic as he could, yet he still falls to his back with Dixie lying on his chest.

She rolls off to Skye's left side, her face close to his now. Her right hand moves to nudge her glasses a bit, before approaching Skye's face, only to give him a flick on the forehead.

She looks at the fish flailing on top of her iceberg. "A snakefish that huge..."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:10:23 am by The Centipede »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: April 08, 2021, 10:16:45 am »

The enormous fish flails about on the abandoned iceberg, looking for its dinner, but is unable to find it.  It angrily flops back into the water with a loud splash.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: April 08, 2021, 11:00:34 am »

Jack's danger sense only marginally subsided. It was still raging at him to GTFO, and do it hard and fast. He felt he fully understood the mass-exodus the local wildlife and undertook the night before now.

Seeing Dixie manage to narrowly escape a very unpleasant fishy death put a little wind in his sails, but gods was that a close call.  He looked at the swordsman with a baleful look that could erode stone, then looked back out at the frothy water, and now rather battered looking iceberg as it floated away..

Then he looked at the fishing pole he had made a day before.

"I'ma need a bigger pole..."

he muttered to himself in a very bad attempt at humor.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: April 08, 2021, 11:54:33 am »

Disregarding the fact that Edwarg was almost ready to jump to the water and now facepalming, Linea actually witnessed the whole ordeal all while still maintaining attention to her notebook. Still no sign.

"Apparently our missing agents are not in that fish's belly."

Book closed and she looked at them. Her expression was deadpan, but sure as hell her golden eyes radiated a lingering frustration and anger.

"A gentle reminder, if you are done scaring away potential informants and killing each other, I suggest we should retreat from this lakeside and find firmer ground. One more thing, I wish not to see any more disturbance after this... tomfoolery. If you insist to do so, then make sure to throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity, thank you."

"Edwarg, where are those natives going?"

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:57:39 am by Slyph »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: April 08, 2021, 07:26:26 pm »

Dixie was out of hearing due to her self-explosions, but could just about hear Edwarg's words due to his proximity to her. Is the snakefish not the target? If the mayor's son isn't here... Maybe it was those natives they saw after all?

She shouldn't have let them go. She should've interrogated them.

Dixie groaned as she rose up and started walking towards where the natives ran off too, circling around the lake. She whistled a tone that was subtle yet loud, calling for a specific friend. She began to run, freezing the mud so it hardened with every step. She then jumped, and was caught by a giant eagle passing them by, hooking onto her forearm and dragging her away, dropping her off in the middle of the forest.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: April 08, 2021, 07:57:20 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 07:06:22 am by Remuri »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: April 08, 2021, 09:28:23 pm »

Dularach would help in subduing the seafood
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 08, 2021, 10:46:52 pm »

Auto Narration by GM.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 09:17:00 pm by Remuri »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: April 10, 2021, 11:40:21 pm »

The churning of the water subsided.  Apparently the fish was sulking.

Linea was clearly much more interested in the small forest creatures that had been dancing earlier.  Jack was fine with that-- Getting away from the lake edge, this close to nightfall, suited him JUUUST fine.

Dixie apparently read the room also (either that or she was so put out by the fish experience, she was high-tailing it.. She didn't say.), and had abruptly walked aside, then whistled twice. With almost alarming speed, her giant bird swooped down, landed just long enough for her to climb on, and she took off.

Jack took the opportunity to use his hatchet on the bone he collected earlier that day, with it placed against the trunk of a partially pushed over tree, to knock the end off, then sever off a small ring of bone to work with.

"AGREED." he rasped at Linea's admonishment about absurd intra-team conflict.  "Lets git away from 'ere, a'fore it gets dark, an at thing gets curageous."

---

Overhead, Dixie rode her giant eagle up above the lake surface.  From that high up, she could see the whole lake.  Far to the West side, the muddy embankments gave way to silt and then a yellow sand.  To the east, it was all muddy silt, where water slowly trickled in from what appeared to be marshland. At the very least, it was a lot more wet that way.  At the Eastern edge of the lake, small plumes of smoke rose through some sparse trees, and tiny dots of signal fires could be seen.  Nudging her mount with her knees to steer, she angled for a descent near the signs of habitation, hoping to cut the runners off before they could reach their destination.

Swooping down and low, she does a flying dismount, and lands in a thick, heavy mud flat between the lake edge and the source of the smoke.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: April 11, 2021, 01:45:37 am »

A relatively soft landing, but quite dirtying her boots and knees a bit.

She looks around, looking for the runners or their tracks before fully walking towards the smoke and fires on the distance, sure that it's the natives' village.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 142