Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113752 times)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 07:31:27 am »

"it knows we're here."

With a gesture, he indicates the direction.

"that way. Cant... Can't tell..... It's not an animal. Don't draw attention. It's stopped moving."

Jack's stony one-eyed gaze turned toward the strange woman. She had managed to sneak up on him, which was unnerving. But skill was worth appreciating, even if he was 'distracted'.  Quiet movement in all that metal was a fine feat. She must have practice.

"You sense it too? If you do, you know you shouldn't go looking for trouble. Just be ready when it finds you."
"Let just say this is called a gift, a disgusting smell of rot when a spawn of evil close by.

Anyway, I don't think you can handle it alone when it charge on you for the close combat. I'm a paladin, I will lend my sword and shield fore you when it comes to attack our spot, but for now. It's your call to initiate or keep it distance."
She replied still covering her nose and lying on the ground besides him.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 07:46:56 am »

Burt wandered around the town for a bit before finally going to the market and looking at everything for sale in it, and after a bit more wandering he'd eventually go to sleep in one of the unclaimed tents.

From afar away, a shady merchant in the corner of the market covering his goods in a blanket thumping as if it have a pulse? Stare at the newcomer silently whispering to him trying to get his attention

"Hey psst... hehehehe"

He continue to sit there after the newcomer ignored him.
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2020, 07:48:18 am »

"Spawn of evil?" 
The eyebrow above Jack's remaining eye raised slightly.
"The only true evil in the world is man, and the things he makes without care or concern."

He tilted his head slightly to one side, closing his eye, feeling for the disturbance.  Yes. Definitely not normal, and not a person. The distrubance it made in the otherwise sleepy forest was like a festering wound. Smell huh... Yeah. It's certainly rotten. he thought to himself.

"But this...." 
"I don't know what this is.  And I'm not too sure I really want to find out...  What have they been doing here to cause something like that here...?"

He looked back at the girl.  Heavy armor would be good in close quarters.  Furs were good for keeping rain, and cold out, and protection from scrapes and brambles. Not teeth, claws, or heavy bludgeoning.  The thought occured to him that he could use her as mobile cover in a pinch. It was an amusing offer, but too soon to take her up on it.  He felt it probably wasn't what she had in mind.

"If I can avoid taking it on, it's what I would prefer. It sensed me when I sensed it.  I hope it isn't too curious. I rather like being alive."

He made a wry smile.

"And that's why I'm not sleeping until there are traps on the ground. Lots of traps.  Lots and lots of traps."

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2020, 08:13:16 am »

"Spawn of evil?" 
The eyebrow above Jack's remaining eye raised slightly.
"The only true evil in the world is man, and the things he makes without care or concern."

He tilted his head slightly to one side, closing his eye, feeling for the disturbance.  Yes. Definitely not normal, and not a person. The distrubance it made in the otherwise sleepy forest was like a festering wound. Smell huh... Yeah. It's certainly rotten. he thought to himself.

"But this...." 
"I don't know what this is.  And I'm not too sure I really want to find out...  What have they been doing here to cause something like that here...?"

He looked back at the girl.  Heavy armor would be good in close quarters.  Furs were good for keeping rain, and cold out, and protection from scrapes and brambles. Not teeth, claws, or heavy bludgeoning.  The thought occured to him that he could use her as mobile cover in a pinch. It was an amusing offer, but too soon to take her up on it.  He felt it probably wasn't what she had in mind.

"If I can avoid taking it on, it's what I would prefer. It sensed me when I sensed it.  I hope it isn't too curious. I rather like being alive."

He made a wry smile.

"And that's why I'm not sleeping until there are traps on the ground. Lots of traps.  Lots and lots of traps."
"I can smell other of this, possibly on market place." She replied.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2020, 09:03:55 am »

He will also do Detect Forest Intruder checks at regular intervals. (~ every 30 min)

Rustling deep into the woods, the sound of footstep similar to humans with bare feet? Grew closer and closer. A creature wandering around from shadow notices someone had discovered it's presence. It crawled slowly into the light towards the person who was detecting it's mere existence.

Spoiler: Nightmare Fuel (click to show/hide)
It stood idly for some time.

Jack's remaining eye spasmed wildly, dilating to near complete blackness, before constricting to a needle point, as the lower lid fluttered wildly.  It happened every time he was being actively hunted, and this time, whatever it was on the other end, clearly had detected him casting his senses deep into the woods out of instinct.

Hardly missing a breath, his pulse thundered in his ears as he subtly changed his circuitous path around the village, heading for the nearest useful (and climbable) bit of cover he could find, while readying his bow... 

Taking a seat on the ground, with his back against the corner one of the village buildings, he kept his inner senses trained on the intruder, never losing track of its vector and bearing. He could detect danger literally a mile away, but not an exact position. Not this far.  He could tell only a few things.. It was close; How it got this close so quickly he couldn't tell. Exactly "what" it was, he could not tell.  Only that it scored "high" as a threat, that it was not a wild animal, and probably not a person, and that it was strong and dangerous.

What manner of horror had these fools in this tatty little town unleashed? 

Deep inside, he suspected the villagers in some way probably deserved to be troubled by something so unnatural and relentless; The actions most humans took in forests were of much the same caliber (just out of mindless disregard).  This was.. 'Focused' and 'willful' though.  Intelligent, like a person, but not.  The forest did not deserve to be troubled by such a thing. For the most part, animals hurt no-one, and simply wish to be, and be left alone.  This thing? It cared nothing for the simple equilibrium of these woods. It made Jack fume.

A very nasty scowl dominated his stony silent expression, as he sat and waited, bow drawn,

---but the creature had stopped advancing.

Unsure what else to do, Jack stayed where he was; Crouched behind the cover of the building's corner, bow drawn, arrow knocked, with his back to the creature-- his senses trained on it with all his will.

Nothing.... No movement.

Perhaps it was aware of him, and his plans, should it continue to advance...  Jack did not know.  This was not a normal intruder.  Very very not normal.
"it knows we're here."

With a gesture, he indicates the direction.

"that way. Cant... Can't tell..... It's not an animal. Don't draw attention. It's stopped moving."

Jack's stony one-eyed gaze turned toward the strange woman. She had managed to sneak up on him, which was unnerving. But skill was worth appreciating, even if he was 'distracted'.  Quiet movement in all that metal was a fine feat. She must have practice.

"You sense it too? If you do, you know you shouldn't go looking for trouble. Just be ready when it finds you."

He sat, saying nothing for what seemed a long time.

"When it leaves, we need to prepare. Good junk outside this place. Bones, metal, sharp rocks.  Lots of painful things."

His gaze returned to the strange girl.  "I will set traps. Lots of traps."

The creature started to crawl slowly back into the woods, after standing observing that man. It continued heading back the where it came from while ignoring the nearby presence that is currently following it. After a while, it took a glance near a hole and what it found was a corpse of a squirrel and a rabbit. It grabbed both of them and started to raise it's head up. It started squishing the body of the deceased animals effortlessly as if it was a porridge and drink their flesh and the remains of it until there's nothing left.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:09:04 am by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2020, 09:10:53 am »

(my bad, thought there was a scream but it got edited out)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:12:29 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2020, 09:19:54 am »

The surroundings contain evidence of much violence and struggles; blood spattered on the ground and shredded pieces of gear in various places. A variety of different types of footprints, human and non-human can be seen in the dirt.

What other items are discarded/laying around?

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2020, 09:23:41 am »

As the presence goes away same with the rotten smell.

Laemmle stood up and tapping her dress skirt off with dust.

"It's seem that creature left, I don't smell it here. Seems that creature is just looking for food.

Speaking of food. Imma make feast for the morning with other fellow adventurers. Be sure you are there! See ya." She said while waving him and going off.

Going straight to Dolo. She is like a predator hunting from the presence behind of its prey. Picking him up from behind and drag into her room then goes to sleep with pajama cuddling the creature. Plan to wake up morning for the huge preparation.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:27:31 am by Remuri »

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2020, 09:30:21 am »

The ironclad slayer's conversation with the uninterested guardsman was cutshort when he saw something moving in his perhiperal vision. He turned his head towards that direction but creature is already gone. With all his battlefield experience.There's only one creature that can hide like that.

"Greenskins.." he said under his breath.  "Probably a goblin scout" he thought.

"Alright it's been nice meeting you but this village is screwed, do you mind if I borrow that shovel? --Of course you dont mind. Dead people don't mind if their belongings are taken."
He took a randomly placed shovel and took a lamp as well  "See you in the afterlife"

He went outside the "invisible walls" and patrolled outside, looking a good place to set his plans. When he found a chokepoint he immediately started digging.

"Ill set traps here and probably make my last stand there, I should probably make sure this spot is well lit so the brunt of the greenskin horde would party with me here." He murmured.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:56:17 am by invul_nerable »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2020, 09:37:49 am »

The surroundings contain evidence of much violence and struggles; blood spattered on the ground and shredded pieces of gear in various places. A variety of different types of footprints, human and non-human can be seen in the dirt.

Mostly broken/destroyed materials that haven't been disposed of yet - various pieces of cloth, leather, and wood. Occasionally a chipped or jagged piece of metal can be found as well, along with bone fragments. Also strange fluids, substances, and organic "parts" that haven't been fully cleaned up, perhaps animal guts and the like. Some of it doesn't look quite normal though.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2020, 09:38:38 am »

Evening. Dixie, having rested enough and strongly didn't want to sleep any further, jolts out of her bed, taking her bag of clothing and hygienic stuff with her, locks the door in her room and walks around looking for where in the Boarding House they serve food
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2020, 09:41:42 am »

Mostly broken/destroyed materials that haven't been disposed of yet - various pieces of cloth, leather, and wood. Occasionally a chipped or jagged piece of metal can be found as well, along with bone fragments. Also strange fluids, substances, and organic "parts" that haven't been fully cleaned up, perhaps animal guts and the like. Some of it doesn't look quite normal though.

Bones, rocks, and other sharp objects are exactly what is needed. 

Are there random saplings growing here and there that can be collected? Needed for trap material.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2020, 10:01:49 am »

Bones, rocks, and other sharp objects are exactly what is needed. 

Are there random saplings growing here and there that can be collected? Needed for trap material.
There are a wide variety of different plants growing near the village. The closer to the forest's edge, the denser the vegetation. Most of it can be pretty easily collected.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2020, 10:03:32 am »

This game too fast.

Place me with Laemmle. What do I see or sense?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2020, 10:25:01 am »

Doctor Doak will take a room in the building, but will immediately journey to the apothecary to discuss their wares and how they make them, hopefully gaining some knowledge of the local flora and fauna.

Doctor Doak enters the apothecary to find a middle aged woman in colorful attire tending to an injured young man, at the back of room. She turns her attention to the visitor and walks up to the counter.

She informs Doctor Doak about different potions and powders stocked up in the store and their application. They can treat ailments ranging from stomachaches to fever, and some of the more potent potions can mend even severe injuries. They are made from various plant, animal and mineral materials.

Doctor Doak learns about the plants Shichetta, Mage's Fennel, Wolf Winterberry, and Hovering Poisonflower.

Shichetta is mostly in creating healing potions. It can be identified by it's near perfectly circular leaves.

Mage's Fennel is used to create mana restoration potions. It is a white root dotted with crimson nodules.

Wolf Winterberry is used to create potions that can counter foreign influence on the user's mind. The deep-violet berries used to create it are usually found in coniferous forests.

Hovering Poisonflower is used to create potions with various debilitating effects, including paralysis and poisoning. So called because its yellow-and-black striped flowers dangle from parasitic vines attached to tree branches, dangling over unwary woodland creatures.

Take particular interest in concoctions that disable creatures in some capacity (making them unconscious, experience a great deal of pain, make them less hostile, that sort of nonsense).

The apothecarist explains to Doctor Doak that the Hovering Poisonflower might be the best bet to use against animals, but its effects are mild. She has heard rumours of a peculiar flesh-eating plant, resembling a large water vessel, that releases secretions which seem to sedate or hypnotize even aggressive beasts. If she were to get samples of such a plant she could create new, and more potent, potions for use against the hostile creatures.

Look to gather ingredients for some potions to make myself, using knowledge gained from my interaction with the apothecary.

The apothecarist is willing to sell an alchemy starter kit, containing a mortar and pestle, 1 of each plant mentioned previously, a few empty bottles (to store any created potions in) and jars (to store any plant/animal material gathered) for the low price of 2 gold. However to collect their own material any adventurer will need to head out of the village and deeper into the forest.
:-(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142