Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 112330 times)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #585 on: February 14, 2020, 02:26:52 pm »

((GM Note: I Deduce has both COMBAT and PASSIVE applications. I Deduce was used successfully during the goblin's first game round, and Doctor Doak deduced that there was no sleight of hand or trickery used by the goblin, he simply used extremely fast, difficult to follow movements to shuffle the cups around. Hence, the odds of guessing the correct cup are equal for any player to judge.

Doctor Doak also receives the following information: players with higher LCK have slightly improved odds of guessing the correct cup, One Eye'd Jack has improved odds of guessing the correct cup due to Heightened Awareness and Doctor Doak has massively improved odds of guessing the correct cup due to I Deduce and Hey, Cool!))
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 14, 2020, 02:33:24 pm »

((To speed this along, as I’m busy with moving house and starting a new job today and likely over the weekend, and I assume people will want Doak to choose or do things, I’m happy to be “automated” as it were (or just choose randomly, have rolls made for me, whatever) until this game is completed for or against us))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 14, 2020, 07:37:08 pm »

Doctor Doak intently observed both shuffling, thousands of possible order for the cup's movement taken from the pattern it took before his eyes failed to keep up. Compared it to the first round of shuffling for the pattern. Cross referenced to known tricks and sleight of hands. Accounted possible change of pattern and possible obsfucation...

"It's under one of the two cups to the right, isn't it? If I may fancy a guess, the second from the right."

The goblin's snigger abruptly cut as he raised a metallic eyebrow and lifted the cup in question. Under it the pebble sat snugly, glimmering under sunlight.

"Well! Stuff me in a sack and dump me to the lake, it's actually down there!" The automata looked a bit down. "Figger' out you lot gonna fail once or twice more, but ya beat me fair and square. For the winner..."

He snickered, waving a hand. A halo appeared above Doctor Doak, spelling "Winner!" in fancy golden font. Another one popped above Dixie, gloomy black-purple halo spelling "Loser!". The third wave of hand opened the gate behind, not the slightest creak despite its size.

"Heh, I haven't been inside for a while. It haven't changed much." He stopped talking to have a fit of giggle. "Well? What are you waiting for, written invitation? Off you go, shoo!"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 14, 2020, 07:42:56 pm »

"Ooh." Dixie tried to touch the grim halo above her head. "Strange magic. Black-red's a better fit, though."
I have a YouTube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 14, 2020, 07:43:09 pm »

Doctor Doak sighs slightly.

Can you tell us anything about what we might encounter?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 14, 2020, 09:17:33 pm »

Doctor Doak sighs slightly.

Can you tell us anything about what we might encounter?

"You got to find it out yourself, my man!"

The goblin finished his sentence with a rapacious laughter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 14, 2020, 10:49:21 pm »

Enter the tower

I was worried you might say that...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 14, 2020, 11:25:02 pm »

Jack was confused--- somebody actually... WON?

He shook his head a moment, before taking in the man he was sitting on, still flailing wildly and asserting forcefully that he would "kill the greenskin" among other, less intelligible utterances.

He looked at mama, who looked bored, as she adjusted herself on her perch over the man's legs and bottom.

The gate to the tower was open, but things would go sideways instantly if he got up. But he couldn't just stay outside.

HEY! Lil' Help 'ere?! he shouted as the group slowly advanced on the gate. We still gotta deal with this stupid [expletive deleted]!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 14, 2020, 11:27:29 pm »

Doctor Doak glances back, pointing toward the tower to illustrate his point.

Ypu only have so much energy in any given day. Why waste it on being held back from one, when you can be let loose on a whole bunch of them.

If there’s one out here, think how many there are in there.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:29:31 pm by hector13 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 14, 2020, 11:29:14 pm »

Jack huffed out a deep sigh.  The thought of the burnished buffoon going off the handle in an enclosed space made his skin crawl.

Got any better ideas!? he shouted back.

He's risking an awful lot on the premise that there's only the ONE outside... he thought to himself. The last thing we need is for this twit to go off the rails and set off a trap that locks us all inside, or worse.

He did not like such dark thoughts. 

Maybe they could put a bag on his head or something?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:32:04 pm by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 14, 2020, 11:36:21 pm »

Dixie pops into their field of vision and hands a blanket to Jack. "Don't ask where I got it from. Just tie him up with that."
I have a YouTube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 14, 2020, 11:38:36 pm »

You can sit on him out here if you like, or you can help us get to the bottom of our conundrum with the forest in the tower.

He looks pointedly at Mama.

Perhaps the better question to ask would be do you have a better idea? We might be able to use the unbridled... passion, I suppose... of the armored lad inside.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 15, 2020, 12:10:37 am »

He did not want to question where Clever-girl had stowed the blanket-- He did not care.  It would do just fine.

Shifting his weight onto a single knee while keeping the oaf pinned, he grabbed each of the flailing arms as the protests increased in intensity, then expertly tied them behind the man's back with the blanket, gave one full wrap around the man's torso, and tied it again, resulting in something resembling a shiny metal pig in a blanket with a big knot on the back when he was finished.

The old hermit gave mama a smooch, getting a stunned look and perked ears, as he let out a chuckle, then the two climbed off the irate metal man.

Allrigh boy- Stay outta trouble. he gruffed, helping the man to his feet.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 15, 2020, 12:27:24 am »

He did not want to question where Clever-girl had stowed the blanket-- He did not care.  It would do just fine.

Shifting his weight onto a single knee while keeping the oaf pinned, he grabbed each of the flailing arms as the protests increased in intensity, then expertly tied them behind the man's back with the blanket, gave one full wrap around the man's torso, and tied it again, resulting in something resembling a shiny metal pig in a blanket with a big knot on the back when he was finished.

The old hermit gave mama a smooch, getting a stunned look and perked ears, as he let out a chuckle, then the two climbed off the irate metal man.

Allrigh boy- Stay outta trouble. he gruffed, helping the man to his feet.
"Air! Air!" The slayer heavily pants "Finally." He moved his helmet in place. "Fresh air.", once he finally recovered he stared at the goblin automaton intently.

"What?" He said innocently. "Can someone pickup my weapons, it's there just in the ground --Yes thank you we might need that."

"Okay guys like our original plan, stay close, dont touch anything unless the guy in white" points at Dr. Doak "says so."

He turned towards the open gates and entered. "Okay, let's do this."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:02:35 am by invul_nerable »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 15, 2020, 03:55:03 am »

He turned towards the open gates and entered. "Okay, let's do this."

The party (save for one) crosses the now open gate, the eyes of the dragon staring blankly as they walk ahead.

They pass a neatly clipped but otherwise nondescript courtyard and enter the tower through doors which are barely distinguishable from the walls. As they walk inside they are blinded for a moment, but upon regaining vision a second later are left mesmerized by the tower's dazzling interior. There is a riot of colors and textures, ranging from creamy marble, dark-tinted wood and uneven granite to sparkling, translucent gems of every color of the spectrum, plastering every possible surface. As their eyes grow accustomed to the visual splendour they can make out other details in the room, which is rather cavernous. Chiseled pillars lead the way from the entrance to the other side, the path dotted with ornate statues and potted plants. Though the walls are alight with torches, a multitude of lamps (set inside braziers at various points in the room) shine merrily, and tinted windows let in bright sunlight, the room itself seems to seems to emanate its own source of radiant light, bathing everything with a glow which almost makes eyes hurt to look around.

Despite the many visual distractions there doesn’t seem to be anything of vital interest in the room, except for at the far side where the pillars end. At the far end of the room a few steps lead up to a magnificent door, painted bright red, huge enough to let a Mastodon in.  The door doesn’t seem to have a normal handle or knocker affixed, just what looks like a bronze chute or tray close to where a doorknob should be.

Meanwhile on the outside, where Dixie remained while everyone else sauntered inside...
:-(
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 142