Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113780 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #600 on: February 15, 2020, 05:32:17 am »

She's been finding it easier to slip out of people's line of focus recently. Is she eligible for a new stealth-based skill yet?

"Wow, they didn't notice. It worked." Dixie around a tree and towards the goblin automaton's table, scratching her cheek. "Well, now that the game's over, will you then let me hear your story? Let's play the game too while you do it, I'll just point at a cup wordlessly, is that okay?"
I have a YouTube channel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 15, 2020, 05:48:52 am »

"Well isn't this a fancy ass place we've found ourselves in, so do we need to wait for someone to check for traps or what?"
Burt stands with the group waiting for some one to say its safe to continue.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 15, 2020, 05:54:07 am »

Jack rolled his eye.  Kids these days.

Giving mama a scratch on the way past the group, he begins the arduous task of checking such a colossal and garishly lit space for traps.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 15, 2020, 05:57:57 am »

Jack rolled his eye.  Kids these days.

Giving mama a scratch on the way past the group, he begins the arduous task of checking such a colossal and garishly lit space for traps.

There are no traps, at least none in this area. It is safe to proceed, or even to go back where everyone just came from.

- - - -

"Wow, they didn't notice. It worked." Dixie around a tree and towards the goblin automaton's table, scratching her cheek. "Well, now that the game's over, will you then let me hear your story? Let's play the game too while you do it, I'll just point at a cup wordlessly, is that okay?"

"Is my company that charming, heh miss? I'm honored."

The goblin starts shuffling cups around again, three this time.

"Nice crown, I hafta say. Yer glad you din't get kneething worse then this yes?"

The goblin starts chuckling to himself.

"Not much I can tell you about meself. I sit here here and looks at the gate. That's me job. You want fun stuff, allya better go look around inside."

The goblin stops shuffling the cups and looks at Dixie expectantly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 06:03:17 am by Frank »
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 15, 2020, 06:13:18 am »

Finally finished examining the colossal antechamber, and finding it completely free of obvious traps, Jack examines the mysterious basin installed in the giant door.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 15, 2020, 06:23:43 am »

Finally finished examining the colossal antechamber, and finding it completely free of obvious traps, Jack examines the mysterious basin installed in the giant door.

The basin, tray, chute thing appears to be made of sturdy bronze. It's wide at the top, around the size of two large dinner plates, and narrows down below into a funnel-like shape, not much wider than a pebble. The "pipe" leads into the door, maybe onto the other side even, but it is difficult to make out where it might exit exacntly due to how it's attached. There doesn't appear to be anything strange otherwise about this bronze basin.

Closer inspection reveals evidence of rust stains, perhaps caused by some liquid, leading down inside the basin.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2020, 06:33:47 am »

Jack continues his examination of the door, looking for any small openings, depressions, shiny spots that get touched frequently, or any form of hidden apparatus attached to the door, basin, or walls adjacent to same.  He also checks the floor under the basin, and asks mama to smell to get any indication of what liquid was dispensed into the basin in the past.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 15, 2020, 06:37:22 am »

Spoiler: Gobbo (click to show/hide)
"I think I've had my fill of 'fun stuff' yesterday. It's placebo at this point, but their blades still hurt."

Dixie made sure to observe more carefully this time, but may have lost track of it halfway. She pointed at the leftmost cup.

"So, you're actually not enslaved or bound to defend this gate? Were you turned or cursed into an automaton? Merely summoned?"

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 15, 2020, 06:59:47 am »

Jack continues his examination of the door, looking for any small openings, depressions, shiny spots that get touched frequently, or any form of hidden apparatus attached to the door, basin, or walls adjacent to same.  He also checks the floor under the basin, and asks mama to smell to get any indication of what liquid was dispensed into the basin in the past.

The door fits wall-to-wall as snugly as it can, there are no openings through which one can peer in. The door doesn't appear to have any hidden levers, switches or panels of any kind. It has some ornamental Victorian designs on its surfaces but is otherwise seamless, none of the patterns give way or react when touched. The floor under the basin has a few faded stains, cause unknown. The bear reacts positively, a faint smell emanates from the basin and the source is similar to something the bear can smell on some party members right now.

"I think I've had my fill of 'fun stuff' yesterday. It's placebo at this point, but their blades still hurt."

Dixie made sure to observe more carefully this time, but may have lost track of it halfway. She pointed at the leftmost cup.

"So, you're actually not enslaved or bound to defend this gate? Were you turned or cursed into an automaton? Merely summoned?"

The goblin lifts the leftmost cup, revealing it to be empty. He then lifts the middle one, a single marble inside. He throw the third cup over his shoulder and starts shuffling the remaining two.

"Very insightful questions miss. I don't get much outta defending this here gate, it don't need my protection I can tell you, nor the walls nor the tower for that matter. They takes care of itselfs. But it is me job to open it and ter close it, and I do's my jobs. About me, I can't tell ya much. Ain't allowed to, cuz it ain't me job. A real ladykiller they call me, that's the most important thing. Another not-so-important thing is, and an obvious one mind, I run on magic. Any mechanist can stuff a million gears inna box, takes a wizardical mind to get something like me running. But I think that's nuff of me running me mouth, couldn't tell ya more if ya paid me."

The goblins stops shuffling the two cups and looks again at Dixie.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 15, 2020, 07:01:36 am »

Jack asks Mama to point out which silly humans have the right smell, and which ones do not.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 15, 2020, 07:10:26 am »

Jack asks Mama to point out which silly humans have the right smell, and which ones do not.

The bear points at nuzzles everyone except for The Greenskins Holocaust.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 15, 2020, 07:16:38 am »

Spoiler: Gobbo (click to show/hide)
"So you... depend on whichever wizard is in this tower to stay existent... At the end of this, the wizard keeping you alive might end up dead, or worse, brought to justice... Will you end up ceasing to exist then?"

It's a slight indignity that the goblin stayed true to his word, reducing the cups with every game lost... And so, having gotten somewhat used to the goblin's speed, she resolved to follow the marble's cup to the very end, pointing at it.

"... Can any kind of magic work?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 15, 2020, 07:18:24 am »

Burt walks over to the weird basin thing the old hobo's looking at and looks it over for a minute.

"I bet we have to put blood or something like that into it."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 15, 2020, 07:27:48 am »

Mama's a sayin' that e'ery one but th' TinCan here has wha'er goes in this [expletive deleted] thing. Damned if I knows what goes innit.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 15, 2020, 07:37:39 am »

So you... depend on whichever wizard is in this tower to stay existent... At the end of this, the wizard keeping you alive might end up dead, or worse, brought to justice... Will you end up ceasing to exist then?"

"Hey hey, woah, I didn't say that. I can tell ya about my job, and my job's this gate. Ya wanna go wizard hunting, look inside."

It's a slight indignity that the goblin stayed true to his word, reducing the cups with every game lost... And so, having gotten somewhat used to the goblin's speed, she resolved to follow the marble's cup to the very end, pointing at it.

"... Can any kind of magic work?"

The goblin lifts the cup Dixie pointed at, a marble sitting innocuously under it. The goblin smiles and twirls his hands around briefly, the halo above her head from morphing from "LOSER" to "WINNER".

"See a pointy hat on me head, miss? I'm not exactly spell-tastically gifted, and me job suits me fine. I don't think you otta worries about me too much. Your friends need you more I think."

After disposing of yet another cup, the goblin places the marble inside the last remaining one.

Mama's a sayin' that e'ery one but th' TinCan here has wha'er goes in this [expletive deleted] thing. Damned if I knows what goes innit.

The bear looks at the armored brute with all the disdain an animal can manage, shakes her head, then nuzzles him as well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:41:28 am by Frank »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 142