Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113745 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #630 on: February 15, 2020, 10:04:17 pm »

The tinman takes a step. Nothing happen. Then a second, and a third. The Greenskin Holocaust carefully makes his way up the flight of stairs and promptly find himself on the second floor. It contains much the same furnishings and layout as the last floor. However, looking outside through any of the various rainbow-tinted windows appears to show a view you’d normally see from much higher floor, perhaps from seven stories up. This seems implausible at best since it took no more than a few seconds for anyone to climb a single flight of stairs.

At the end of this room is another door, smaller than the previous one but still large enough to allow entry for an exceptionally large person. It's painted bright purple this time and has amethyst-studded handles.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 15, 2020, 11:08:10 pm »

Once again, jack goes through the motions of checking for traps, this time leaving grubby finger and bootprints everywhere he goes.

When he is done, it looks like a mischievous 3 year old has been running loose.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 11:18:54 pm by wierd »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 16, 2020, 12:14:53 am »

The door opens easily, revealing a large room, not quite as long as the hallway they had to walk through to get here but still pretty spacious. It is devoid of trappings, the surfaces are plain and simple windows are all that allow some light into the room. Owing to this plainness the thing standing out most perhaps, are a series of etches marked squarely in the center of the walls, both the wall on the left and the wall on the right. The one on the left seems to form the image of a sword. The one on the right takes the shape of a large pentagram. After some squinting around the party notices a third marking as well, that of a bow and arrow, looming overhead etched onto the ceiling.

There is a door on the opposite side from where the party entered, appearing identical to the one they just opened.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 16, 2020, 01:05:44 am »

Jack was getting tired of all these clearly magical and overly large and imposing doors, not the least of which because of how tacky the decorator was.  He did not like how they threatened to lock and trap him in this tacky foodless, waterless, and completely unlivable interior.

With a sour look he started examining the amethyst themed doors without going through, paying special attention to spot any hinges, fastens, slides, or mechanisms that could operate the door.  He wanted this set of doors inoperable too.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 16, 2020, 01:11:36 am »

If trying to chip the gems and metals off the wall with her dagger doesn't work, Dixie tries to heat the metals and ice the gems so that they fall off, preferably with Lucy's help.

After which, Dixie and Lucy then follow where the rest of the party went.
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 16, 2020, 01:55:55 am »

Will Dixie's Daggers be enough to pry loose any of the gems? She tries.

She tries to pry the gems off a nearby wall. The gems don't budge.

Jack was getting tired of all these clearly magical and overly large and imposing doors, not the least of which because of how tacky the decorator was.  He did not like how they threatened to lock and trap him in this tacky foodless, waterless, and completely unlivable interior.

With a sour look he started examining the amethyst themed doors without going through, paying special attention to spot any hinges, fastens, slides, or mechanisms that could operate the door.  He wanted this set of doors inoperable too.

Like the previous door there are no visible hinges, or any secret mechanism, on the door. Unlike the previous door, this one can be opened and closed at will.

If trying to chip the gems and metals off the wall with her dagger doesn't work, Dixie tries to heat the metals and ice the gems so that they fall off, preferably with Lucy's help.

After which, Dixie and Lucy then follow where the rest of the party went.

The gems are heated, then cooled. Nothing happens.

Dixie and Lucy are now on the 2nd floor, with the other party members.
:-(

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 16, 2020, 04:30:15 am »

The door opens easily, revealing a large room, not quite as long as the hallway they had to walk through to get here but still pretty spacious. It is devoid of trappings, the surfaces are plain and simple windows are all that allow some light into the room. Owing to this plainness the thing standing out most perhaps, are a series of etches marked squarely in the center of the walls, both the wall on the left and the wall on the right. The one on the left seems to form the image of a sword. The one on the right takes the shape of a large pentagram. After some squinting around the party notices a third marking as well, that of a bow and arrow, looming overhead etched onto the ceiling.

There is a door on the opposite side from where the party entered, appearing identical to the one they just opened.
The ironclad slayer scratched his helmet. "I guess we should segregate to what weapons we actually use?"

The slayer steps closer the wall with a sword etched in it. "Sword. Maybe this is where I belong."

"The one with arrows are most probably where the rangers belong", he looked at the elfgirl and deerhead."and the pentagram. The pentagram is probably for demonic entities and magic users." He looked at Giant spiderdude and Cardlady.

"What do you think? Should stand infront of these walls?" The slayer asked.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 04:37:03 am by invul_nerable »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 16, 2020, 05:23:27 am »

Burt stares at the markings on the ceiling for a second. "So do I stand under it, shoot it, or what because there's no way I can get up to it to touch it. I find these kind of vague magical puzzles annoying, they could at last give us some kind of clue."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 16, 2020, 05:37:45 am »

Jack huffs.  He really didn't have a good way to jam up this door, and the deer-headed fellow (a thing he was still uneasy about seeing) was getting very impatient.

Well... Guess there' on'y one way ta fin' out... Better ge' back 'n case it all fall' in onnus, jus' ta be sure....

Jack stood just before the doorway (out of reach should they decide to slam shut suddenly), and out from under the oddly decorated ceiling vault, knocked an arrow, and shot it straight into the center of the etching carved overhead.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 16, 2020, 05:55:17 am »

"Wait." Dixie interjects while holding the door behind them, appearing behind Jack along with Lucy, their hands locked together.

She then turns to Lucy. "Think we can ice this door stuck? I assume that's why he mudded the door last..." She glanced at Jack. "We heated the mud on that door, by the way. "

Slightly being retroactive here but Dixie heated the clay-stuck door so that it hardened
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 05:58:58 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 16, 2020, 05:59:25 am »

Jack huffs.  He really didn't have a good way to jam up this door, and the deer-headed fellow (a thing he was still uneasy about seeing) was getting very impatient.

Well... Guess there' on'y one way ta fin' out... Better ge' back 'n case it all fall' in onnus, jus' ta be sure....

Jack stood just before the doorway (out of reach should they decide to slam shut suddenly), and out from under the oddly decorated ceiling vault, knocked an arrow, and shot it straight into the center of the etching carved overhead.

The etching lights up with a bright blue glow, and the sound of moving parts can be heard from within the walls. However, after a moment of stillness, the etching fades back into mundanity, accompanied by the sound of the reversing of whatever parts had moved before. Ultimately, nothing seems to happen.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 16, 2020, 06:17:50 am »

"Wait." Dixie interjects while holding the door behind them, appearing behind Jack along with Lucy, their hands locked together.

She then turns to Lucy. "Think we can ice this door stuck? I assume that's why he mudded the door last..." She glanced at Jack. "We heated the mud on that door, by the way. "

Slightly being retroactive here but Dixie heated the clay-stuck door so that it hardened
"Probably worth the try. Not sure how much ice we could scrape up, though."

Lucy would help forming the ice, but even though his frost rose up in perfect cubes the quantity was severely lacking.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 16, 2020, 06:22:59 am »

Jack notices the magical shennanigans going on to his periphery, and politely offers a large bottle of vine-juice to assist with the ice stalagmite project, giving a one-eyed wink.

Good on'ya clever-girl-- Good on ya-- Great idea! he beamed, before giving a sideways look at Lucy, then returning his attention to the room in front of him.

Prolly gotta hit 'em all at once't... he grumbled.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:38:50 am by wierd »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 16, 2020, 06:52:08 am »

Burt stands there while the old man shoots the markings on the ceiling causing it to glow.

"Well that wasn't near as hard of a puzzle as I was thinking it might be."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 16, 2020, 07:15:47 am »

"So we just stick our weapons and everything should work out?"

The ironclad slayer unsheathed his gladius and tried stab the wall with the sword sign. He used both his hands and did his pushed his hardest just so the gladius would stick on the wall.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 142